• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 2 (12/13/2016 - 12/20/2016)

HotHamBoy

Sign is not the newest one I don't recommend getting it. Revelator is the newest one and improves on sign with more content and characters it is on sale for 19.99 on amazon.

Revelator was also just on sale on PSN for $15 a couple weeks ago.

Gotta check those store updates every week, folks!

But yeah, nobody should be buying Sign. It's a trap!

Thinking about buying Dragon Age GOTY even though I already own it simply so I can get all the DLC for fucking cheap but... I don't know when I'll actually get around to playing it....
I'm considering this as well. Can anyone confirm that my vanilla DA:I saves will work with the GOTY version?

gogojira

Do I need to play Gravity Rush before playing the sequel or is the story pretty irrelevant? I've always been interested and it's only $15, but thinking maybe I should just hold off for the sequel and grab Until Dawn for now.

Rymuth

Do I need to play Gravity Rush before playing the sequel or is the story pretty irrelevant?
The central mystery is the identity of who the main character is.

There are also several unresolved plot points that'll get resolved in the sequel, so I imagine you'll feel pretty lost when those payoffs come.

Heck, they announced an expansion for GR2 that explains the origins of one character - so yes, there is a story and its relevant.

gogojira

The central mystery is the identity of who the main character is.

There are also several unresolved plot points that'll get resolved in the sequel, so I imagine you'll feel pretty lost when those payoffs come.

I'll probably just opt to pick it up then. I want Until Dawn but that's mostly due to the praise and how cheap it is. I'm not overly into horror games these days and I don't feel like adding unnecessary backlog. I want to be ready for GR2 so, decision made. Thanks!

GNOSIS

I'm waiting for Ni no Kuni. Gonna try it before the sequel comes out.

I don't see many Japanese games on the list though.

tootie923

legbone

Adding myself to the list of people wanting to hear impressions of Blood Bowl 2.

i ended up skipping it. i did some research and read that the game is pretty complex, and has no tutorial. needs research to learn how to play. also read that it's not really that good of a single player experience and the ai in single player can be brutal (ie very difficult). grabbed gravity rush remastered even though i have it on vita (sadly i rarely break it out anymore and i never finished the game on vita). was thinking of getting darkest dungeon but read that it gets brutally hard as well. i'm too old and have too little time to play super difficult games (never got into the souls games due to this, even though i'm trying to play bloodborne at this time, failing miserably i might add).

Adding myself to the list of people wanting to hear impressions of Blood Bowl 2.

I didn't like it. Way too complex. Balancing issues are a problem with very different teams of races.

Here is my review I wrote for a website:

The single player campaign is nothing more than an extended five hour tutorial on how to play this very complicated game. It is one of the best tutorials for a game this intricate I have ever seen. Slowly adding components by playing a simulated season is pure genius and a lot of fun. The problem is that it reveals that the rules are too elaborate as the game was at the most fun midway through the campaign before it started adding a lot unnecessary arduous components to the game.

The presentation of riffing on the football/Warhammer hybrid is a lot of fun and I wish sports games had this kind of fun aesthetic that was more common in the 90’s. Everything looks and sounds OK but sometimes you have to keep moving around the camera to see what your opponent is doing during their turn. The interface and controls are passable and sometimes baffling but even after playing for hours you’ll accidentally end your turn prematurely but then realize it might be your best move.

My biggest problem with the game is that there is too much luck and not enough strategy. There should be multiple tactics and counters in a good strategy game. Maybe I am at a low level of play, but it seems like slowly creeping down the field with blockers to clear a path to the endzone is the only strategy that works. Attempting passes is mostly a bad tactic with high risks. The game is limited to 16 turns which is great because too many strategy games take too long but it is too easy to get one point and then grind out the turns by just hiding behind a wall of defenders. Too many game just end in boring slogs of 0-0 ties. Lots of games are determined on dice rolls with success rate of 33%-66% that makes you feel like you’re watching The Coin Flip game.

Replay is in mostly playing online, tournaments and seasons. There are no variation and changing the rule sets that I could find. If there was a way to get rid of a good set of the rules, I would turn off a lot things. I guess I like my games less cruel with players knocked out permanently and less worrying about every attribute of an opposing player.

Overall the game will have it’s fans but it isn’t for someone that doesn’t want to spend a lot time learning and practicing the game. It may not payoff to spend that much time learning a game to only realize there aren’t much variations in strategy or customization to make things different. I would say know what you are buying before spending fifty dollars on this game.

firelogic

Flash sales are usually the third weekend of the month, so it's entirely possible there will be one this weekend.

It's actually the second last weekend of the month. The months with 5 weeks hold the flash sale on the 4th weekend, not the 3rd. Every time.

Eanan

Does the 20% stack on top of the PS+ discount? So what is the price with the 20% off and PS+ of Until Dawn/ God of war 3?

Toki767

Does the 20% stack on top of the PS+ discount? So what is the price with the 20% off and PS+ of Until Dawn/ God of war 3?

Yes. And it would be something like under $13 total.

what is the best PS VIta game this week to get?

The Drinkbox Collection is probably the best value since it's 3 games, but if you have any of those games already, then I'd say Darkest Dungeon.

Virtue's Last Reward is what I'd recommend, but that was free for PS+ before already and you may not want to play it without playing 999 first.

It's actually the second last weekend of the month. The months with 5 weeks hold the flash sale on the 4th weekend, not the 3rd. Every time.

Wasn't the flash sale last month on the final weekend (Black Friday weekend)? Either way, I think we can pretty much bet on this month's flash sale on Christmas weekend. Great way to surprise your family with some digital games. Though why can we still not gift games on PSN? *sigh*

The End

On the fence between CoD:IW (Single player is good!) and DX:MD

or, like, playing the games i have (and maybe buying the ion prime skin for a buck off using the coupon)

Had some Sony Reward points, so I turned them into 20 bucks by buying a digital code. For some reason, Sony has to invent the number system and the alphabet first before giving me my code. They might need 5 business days. LOL.

Amazon has figured out how to sell digital codes, Sony. You exposed it to them. Now how about showing yourselves how to do it.

Paid cash/credit card for Enter the Gungeon and Steamworld Heist. Sony please.

Top Bottom