• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 2 (12/13/2016 - 12/20/2016)

HotHamBoy

what is the best PS VIta game this week to get?

Darkest Dungeon
Steamworld Heist
DrinkBox Collection

Holy crap, Fallout 4 and Infinite Warfare have been downloading for 24 hours and they're still not finished.

Last night it was going to take almost two hours to download Steamworld Heist to my Vita. It's under 200mb.

I managed to get it download faster by pausing/resuming the download multiple times and it still took about 30 minutes.

I also re-downloaded Harvest Moon - Back to Nature, which is 64mb, and that took about 3 minutes. I don't know why some download connections are so slow but I would guess the PS Classics are on a different server.

Since I haven't gotten an anwser on the Hyper Light Drifter thread I'll ask here.

I want to buy HLD but before that I would like to know if you can change its control scheme because from what I have seen L1 is used to heal but I'm more familiar with L1 being a dash. Also really important to me, do you control the main character with the D-Pad or the joystick?

darkwing

Yes. And it would be something like under $13 total.

The Drinkbox Collection is probably the best value since it's 3 games, but if you have any of those games already, then I'd say Darkest Dungeon.

Virtue's Last Reward is what I'd recommend, but that was free for PS+ before already and you may not want to play it without playing 999 first.

These are excellent choices:

1, Drinkbox Vita Collection – $12.49, $7.49
2. Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved – $7.34, $4.94
3. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number – $7.49, $5.99

Darkest Dungeon
Steamworld Heist
DrinkBox Collection

Last night it was going to take almost two hours to download Steamworld Heist to my Vita. It's under 200mb.

I managed to get it download faster by pausing/resuming the download multiple times and it still took about 30 minutes.

I also re-downloaded Harvest Moon - Back to Nature, which is 64mb, and that took about 3 minutes. I don't know why some download connections are so slow but I would guess the PS Classics are on a different server.

thanks for the recommendations guys, i'll look them up

alemmon

So how is Song of the Deep? I've heard middling reviews here and don't want to bother if its just an average metroidvania.

Started it last night and I really like it. Beautiful art style and its made by Insomniac and so there is that charm from them there. I am not too far though, but I would recommend it.

Toki767

I think my final haul for this week is:

Gravity Rush Remastered
Until Dawn
Darkest Dungeon
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

$48.36 after the 20% off coupon.

I was thinking of Deus Ex but at the rate that game is going on sale, it'll probably be on PS+ lol

Is there any word ( or likelihood) of UMvC3 coming to Switch? I'd really like a portable version to supplant the Vita one, but if it's not likely coming I may as well buy it on PSN with my 20% off.

Has anyone been having problems adding funds to their accounts? I have been trying to add funds with paypal all morning but it doesn't let me.

Toki767

Is there any word ( or likelihood) of UMvC3 coming to Switch? I'd really like a portable version to supplant the Vita one, but if it's not likely coming I may as well buy it on PSN with my 20% off.

Only Xbox One and PC are confirmed.

So basically maybe, but not likely I imagine.

Phaezyk

Gravity Rush Remastered is on sale?? Don't miiiind if I do! :D

I own it for the Vita already but eventually realised I'm not much of a handheld person, so I never got very far in it. Time to fix that!

Only Xbox One and PC are confirmed.

So basically maybe, but not likely I imagine.

Yeah I'll probably go ahead and get it now, I'll worry about Switch when the time comes( though I'm hoping MvC4 gets a Switch port, because I'll be all over that if it's close in performance to the Ps4/XB1 versions).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I played Gravity Rush for ten minutes on Vita and felt really confused. Maybe I should try it on a bigger screen.

I played Gravity Rush for ten minutes on Vita and felt really confused. Maybe I should try it on a bigger screen.

It took me a few tries to get into Gravity Rush on Vita, I got the hang of it a while ago but kind of left it hanging early on in the story to move onto other games, though I'm thinking partly that could be because I haven't been much into Vita lately. I'm wondering if a Ps4 double dip is worth it or not, maybe I'll wait till it hits $10 or less.

holygeesus

Banned
The only thing I didn't like about Gravity Rush, was that the combat seemed too easy. You could pretty much use the same attack each time.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
is Dragon Age Inquisition worth it for someone who has never played the previous games?

i love Mass Effect but Dragon Age's combat has always looked boring to me. that said for $8 i'm tempted to give it a shot

Syntsui

is Dragon Age Inquisition worth it for someone who has never played the previous games?

i love Mass Effect but Dragon Age's combat has always looked boring to me. that said for $8 i'm tempted to give it a shot

I personally think the combat is mediocre, so if that's what you are looking for I'm afraid you should play something else. The first Dragon Age is still the king as far as combat goes

CodeNfX

Got Until Dawn, God of War III and Gravity Rush. Not sure about Enter the Gungeon, I feel like it'll be on PS+ soon.

cb1115

I personally think the combat is mediocre, so if that's what you are looking for I'm afraid you should play something else. The first Dragon Age is still the king as far as combat goes

are the characters and quest lines interesting throughout though? i can deal with subpar combat if the narrative hooks are there (like Witcher 3, for example)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Got Until Dawn, God of War III and Gravity Rush. Not sure about Enter the Gungeon, I feel like it'll be on PS+ soon.

Gungeon is the best twinstick roguelike since Isaac (sorry Nuclear Throne)

LordofPwn

Hyperlight Drifter
Rise of the Tomb Raider 20th Anniversary Edition
Song of the Deep
Enter the Gungeon
Dragon Quest Builders
Gravity Rush Remastered
50 Overwatch loot boxes

and i had a 20% off code, and like $40 left over from a PSN card.
hoping next week Inside and Oxenfree are on sale again, or maybe even Axiom Verge.

Hyperlight Drifter
Rise of the Tomb Raider 20th Anniversary Edition
Song of the Deep
Enter the Gungeon
Dragon Quest Builders
Gravity Rush Remastered
50 Overwatch loot boxes

and i had a 20% off code, and like $40 left over from a PSN card.
hoping next week Inside and Oxenfree are on sale again, or maybe even Axiom Verge.

axiom is already on sale for 9.99

Syntsui

are the characters and quest lines interesting throughout though? i can deal with subpar combat if the narrative hooks are there (like Witcher 3, for example)

The main story line is a joke, the plot is absurd and the sub quests are all fetch quests. It's a beautiful game that might be cool to heal that RPG itch you might have, but it just doesn't succeed in any department. I suggest you watch some gameplay and in-depth reviews to judge by yourself. I got bored of it really fast.

LordofPwn

axiom is already on sale for 9.99
well damn, it wasn't popping up under deals for me the other day and it hasn't been in the holiday sale so i figured it was still $19.99. thanks for the tip, i'll have to pick it up next week.

seems it's on sale until January 4th.

cb1115

The main story line is a joke, the plot is absurd and the sub quests are all fetch quests. It's a beautiful game that might be cool to heal that RPG itch you might have, but it just doesn't succeed in any department. I suggest you watch some gameplay and in-depth reviews to judge by yourself. I got bored of it really fast.

OK will do. thanks for the replies breh

MikeyB

I'm trying to cut down on purchases of long titles since I don't really have time to finish them anymore (lately Platinum Titles and quick indies have been my thing), but I really really want Dying Light.

This sale and the 20% coupon might be what pushes me over the edge.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
why do I find myself weirdly tempted to get just cause? I know of its tumultuous history insofar as how it runs but blowing shit up is fun.
anyone know if it's been patched enough to make it consistently playable yet or is it still an incredible mess?

icespide

Banned
why do I find myself weirdly tempted to get just cause? I know of its tumultuous history insofar as how it runs but blowing shit up is fun.
anyone know if it's been patched enough to make it consistently playable yet or is it still an incredible mess?
it's still a shit show. Patches have made it worse

ty_hot

Ended up buying Firewatch and Until Dawn. UD costed the cheapest price all Sony published games ever had (40brl ~ 10usd) so I didn't miss the chance. Firewatch I feel like I will regret buying it as I believe it will come to PS+ in the future or a bigger discount in the next 6 months. So now I have a reason to play Firewatch next and make my money worth it :)

benbeaux

Banned
With the 20% discount and the $20 I got from Sony Rewards, Rise of the Tomb Raider ends up being $4 from my pocket.

Don't mind if I do.

Top Bottom