• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 2 (12/13/2016 - 12/20/2016)

I'm very proud of myself. My uncle sent me a $150 amazon gift card. I was able to slice away $60 for a PSN Card and left my wife with the remaining $90 (so she doesn't bitch about me buying video games instead of shoes for my son, which I already bought). I just bought the PS4 Pro and only have Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, and already picked up Until Dawn and Firewatch in the current week sale.

First impulse was to buy Ratchet & Clank, Infamous Second Son, and some other back catalog game available at $20 each, but then I managed to hold back in case something goes on sale in the next two weeks. I'm primarily a PC gamer, so I already have most of the great 3rd party stuff.
I recommend Gravity Rush Remastered!

witness

Think I'll get Lego Star Wars deluxe with my 20% coupon, I don't have plus but $33 doesn't seem bad. Is it considered one of the better Lego games?

Kyrios

Think I'll get Lego Star Wars deluxe with my 20% coupon, I don't have plus but $33 doesn't seem bad. Is it considered one of the better Lego games?

I thoroughly enjoyed the game. The added levels were great too (the ones not based around the movie)

Lorr

I'm looking for the most fun sandbox for my buck and I'm torn between Deus Ex, Dying Light, and Just Cause 3. Any advice GAF?

I'm looking for the most fun sandbox for my buck and I'm torn between Deus Ex, Dying Light, and Just Cause 3. Any advice GAF?

I would say Dying Light. It is a fantastic game and If you have not played it, and enjoy the whole Zombie Genre of action games, this one is great!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So close to pulling the trigger on tomb raider since i have that 20 % off coupon

Do it, especially if you've never played the XB1 or 360 version before. If you've got a Pro, you'll also get probably one of the best showpiece titles for the new hardware.

Benedict

Bought Song of the Deep and Enter the Gungeon with the 20% discount code.
Was also thinking of getting Headlander but it felt like a game that will be cheaper soon. Now I have at least some money on my PSN for further sales
Too bad week 3 won't be valid for the discount code.

Bought Song of the Deep and Enter the Gungeon with the 20% discount code.
Was also thinking of getting Headlander but it felt like a game that will be cheaper soon. Now I have at least some money on my PSN for further sales
Too bad week 3 won't be valid for the discount code.

there's a week 3?

_woLf

Picked up Dragon age inquisition goty and ffxv season pass with the 20 percent off coupon. Good deal, especially when combined with the free 10 bucks I got for upgrading to a pro.

grumble

Picked up Dragon age inquisition goty and ffxv season pass with the 20 percent off coupon. Good deal, especially when combined with the free 10 bucks I got for upgrading to a pro.

As someone who played all of the dragon age goty I'm not sure it was even worth free. Was a lot of busywork!

Karamsoul

Played all 3 extensively - Dying Light is amazing through and through. Deus Ex is a decent game (not as good as the first, unfortunately), and Just Cause 3 is fun in short bursts.

Karamsoul

I have no idea why Dragon Age Inquisition gets so much shit. I absolutely loved that game.

I would say Dying Light. It is a fantastic game and If you have not played it, and enjoy the whole Zombie Genre of action games, this one is great!

Yeah, definitely one of the unsung greats of the current gen. Critics fucking slept on this one. Very shameful. It's truly one of the greatest zombie games ever made.

I just picked up Firewatch for $8, God of War 3 for $6 because why the hell not, and Hotline Miami 2 for $5 because the first one was such an incredible experience on my Vita and I've held off on the sequel for far too long.

Lorr

Picked up Dying Light! Still considering Just Cause for something to mindlessly blow stuff up in. Is performance still poor? Is the DLC necessary/recommended?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I have no idea why Dragon Age Inquisition gets so much shit. I absolutely loved that game.

I get the complaints and have a few of my own, but I played the three DLC packs this year and was immensely surprised at how great they were. Some of the best content in the entire game, and the final DLC is well worth it for lore fans as it not only answers many of the leftover plot holes in the vanilla release, but also connects to the prior two games in very surprising ways. Shame that the majority of the audience will never really experience it.

StereoVsn

Sandbox? Fallout 4, Skyrim SE. Don't have to worry about main quest and just go do your own shit. Which is good because main quest sucks in both.

Edit: Picked up Steam World Heist, Ray Gigantic, DA:I Complete, FF XV Season Pass and Firewatch with Theme bundle. Not bad for $53 (with 20% off coupon) and then $10 off for Pro purchase promo.

Perineum

Damn wish I had gotten that 20% code in email. Surprised I didn't.

Looking at Firewatch and Gravity Rush Remastered...not sure which.

Is there anything you can compare it to? How many hours long is a normal play through? Replay value ? Story is cohesive and well done, or just Japanese whackadoodle ?

The game is fantastic, gameplay is hard to compare to anything else. Maybe Infamous?
It's about 15 hours. Story is good but leaves a lot open for the sequel which is released next month, Kat is a great character, instantly likeable.
Can't recommend it enough.

drotahorror

I've had nice download speed on PS4 since I can remember and then today I boot it up to download the CoD trial and it's downloading at 300KB/s on a 50Mb connection through a wired connection.

Wtf yo

I picked up hotline Miami 2. I beat the first one at least five times
I absolutely love the sequel I was super concerned about the frustration levels that others have talked about
I'm on mission ten after a couple hours of play and I am not finding it as bad in difficulty as everyone has been saying.

So if you are concerned about the sequel, don't be, it is a great game that is definitely worthy of your time. And the music is amazing :)

AEREC

Was the framerate issues ever fixed on Dying Light...digital foundry said it would vary pretty rapidly between 30-60 causing some juddering movement.

Really dont understand why devs wouldnt lock framerate to a constant 30.

Went ahead and got Gravity Rush Remastered after not really feeling it on Vita, and I must say it's a lot better to play on a PS4 controller, only got past the intro sequence but it's really good and looks fantastic for cleaned up Vita game.!

Top Bottom