• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 2 (12/13/2016 - 12/20/2016)

Just wanted to reiterate:

BUY UNTIL DAWN YOU LOSERS

The price is ridiculous for such a great, fun game. And play it with a friend because it's even more fun

Ray Gigant is $4.49
I feel like this needs a thread of its own considering this is a full fledged $30 vita game.

I've heard good things about this one and after playing severed, I'm open to a new dungeon crawling experience.

Also Axiom Verge is $9.99
No brainer I think

Just wanted to reiterate:

BUY UNTIL DAWN YOU LOSERS

The price is ridiculous for such a great, fun game. And play it with a friend because it's even more fun

Thank you for the advice, I think I would still prefer a physical copy. In the future, please know that calling someone a loser as you recommend a game is not an effective way of trying to persuade someone. While I understand you were trying to be jocular, the implication that everyone who has not already or does not yet want to buy the game is lesser than those who do, is not a great way to appeal to someone. Once again, I understand you were just joking, but it still comes off as unnecessary, and not very funny either.

StarPhlox

I really want Watch_Dogs on sale. I loved Watch_Dogs 2 so I want to give the original a try but $30 for digital is madness!

Toki767

What the hell? Are games getting stealth discounted? I'm gonna wait till the last day to use my coupon.

Games get discounted whenever a publisher wants a game discounted. Games getting a discount outside of the usual Tuesday sale/Friday flash sale timeframe actually happens all the time.

lmbotiva

Only thing that stops UNTIL DAWN from being a must own are the technical problems the games has, unlocked framerate that dips super low makes the game stutter like crazy, just rent it at redbox and you'll be golden

HotHamBoy

Only thing that stops UNTIL DAWN from being a must own are the technical problems the games has, unlocked framerate that dips super low makes the game stutter like crazy, just rent it at redbox and you'll be golden

It's $3/night. Unless you are going to marathon the game you would end up spending about the same after tax.

I finally bit on Virtue's Last Reward on PS Vita for $7.49. Was going to wait for the Nonary Games 2pack next year but $40-50 is steep for a handheld reissue and a series I'm not 100% sure I'll like

Yeah, I saw that. Very weird.

How is this game?

This is the same dev as Stranger of Sword City, right? That game seems like the more interesting of the two.

it's not as good as Stranger of Sword City, but it's also less traditional/more experimental. The visuals are great, game is rather easy but there is a focus on narrative that might keep you going more than other DRPGs. It's worth that price for the great visuals alone, I think.

I finally bit on Virtue's Last Reward on PS Vita for $7.49. Was going to wait for the Nonary Games 2pack next year but $40-50 is steep for a handheld reissue and a series I'm not 100% sure I'll like
Well the second game probably isn't a good place to start then.
If you don't have access to 999 on a DS you would have been better off waiting. :p

MikeyB

Dying Light
Hyper Light Drifter
Axiom Verge.

That oughtta keep me busy while my wife travels for work. Merry Christmas to me!

Freeman76

Thank you for the advice, I think I would still prefer a physical copy. In the future, please know that calling someone a loser as you recommend a game is not an effective way of trying to persuade someone. While I understand you were trying to be jocular, the implication that everyone who has not already or does not yet want to buy the game is lesser than those who do, is not a great way to appeal to someone. Once again, I understand you were just joking, but it still comes off as unnecessary, and not very funny either.

Just quoting because I actually cant believe what I just read.

OT: Was hoping DQB might drop a bit more, Hyper Light might be a purchase though.

How is Darkest Dungeon for someone who isn't really into roguelikes? The only reason it caught my eye is it seems to have some type of progression similar to the only one I've really ever enjoyed Rogue Legacy.

GazzaGSi

Completely missed the Saints Row/Metro Double Pack which includes Metro 2033, Metro: Last Light, Saints Row IV Re-Elected and Saints Row Gat Out Of Hell! All for $13.74 seems a bargain!

I know the answer is probably no, but is the doom season pass worth buying? I love the game, even the multiplayer and I'd like to support the developer as well.

It annoys me because even if you spend the $25 on it there's no guarantee enough people bought it to play the extra maps.. wish it was just added for free so everyone could play.

Soi-Fong

You guys think Dishonored 2 will go on sale. I have a 980 Ti and a 6700k but hearing all the PC problems I might just get the PS4 Pro version.

I wanna use the 20% off coupon I got before it expires but I'm wondering if it goes on sale it'll go on a deeper discount next week.

Remk

Ray Gigant is $4.49
I feel like this needs a thread of its own considering this is a full fledged $30 vita game.

So why dont you make one then? :)

Thanks for the heads up, it came to $3.59 with the newsletter coupon.
That is one hell of a deal considering I was ready to buy it for $13 the last time it went on sale

Just quoting because I actually cant believe what I just read.

Isn't it sarcasm? I haven't sent my detector for calibration for a few months now so I cant tell for sure

Toki767

You guys think Dishonored 2 will go on sale. I have a 980 Ti and a 6700k but hearing all the PC problems I might just get the PS4 Pro version.

I wanna use the 20% off coupon I got before it expires but I'm wondering if it goes on sale it'll go on a deeper discount next week.
Pretty good odds I think.

dickroach

Why is Until Dawn $10 with PS Plus on store but OP and comments say $7.99?

???????
did you try unplugging it and plugging it back in?

JYvlFpv.png

WoodWERD

I had a longer post typed up, but I'll just go with NAHHH. The game is $8.

Dude it's EIGHT DOLLARS. Are you really trying to convince people that because it has some frame rate issues it's not a must own at eight dollars?

It's a series that MUST be played in order, I cannot stress enough to play 999 before VLR

TheFatMan

are the characters and quest lines interesting throughout though? i can deal with subpar combat if the narrative hooks are there (like Witcher 3, for example)

For the price, Inquisition is a good pick up if you are looking for an RPG to play for a bit. Or in my case, 117 hours.

Benedict

The discount code will expire before the sale is refreshed with week 3.
20% discount code expires December 19th.

HotHamBoy

How is Darkest Dungeon for someone who isn't really into roguelikes? The only reason it caught my eye is it seems to have some type of progression similar to the only one I've really ever enjoyed Rogue Legacy.

Darkest Dungeon and Rogue Legacy are nothing alike, even regarding progression.

There really isn't anything like DD's take on dungeon crawling. I think the game is fantastic but it's very hard and the keys to success are unconventional. If you hate dieing and losing party members then I would pass.

On the other hand, you "character" is the town. If your party wipes the game goes on and the only set back is the permanent loss of those party members and anything they were equiped with and anything gained during the quest. Parties are made up of 4 characters but you have a lot more in reserve.

There's plenty of meat for the grinder, though...

coopolon

I don't know from personal experience, but from reading performance thread this would be a really bad decision. Dishonored 2 performance is bad by pc standards, it still strongly outperforms the console versions and is easily the best version. You will just struggle to run it 60fps but you won't be doing that on consoles anyway.

Should ask in the performance thread.

I'm very proud of myself. My uncle sent me a $150 amazon gift card. I was able to slice away $60 for a PSN Card and left my wife with the remaining $90 (so she doesn't bitch about me buying video games instead of shoes for my son, which I already bought). I just bought the PS4 Pro and only have Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, and already picked up Until Dawn and Firewatch in the current week sale.

First impulse was to buy Ratchet & Clank, Infamous Second Son, and some other back catalog game available at $20 each, but then I managed to hold back in case something goes on sale in the next two weeks. I'm primarily a PC gamer, so I already have most of the great 3rd party stuff.

First impulse was to buy Ratchet & Clank, Infamous Second Son, and some other back catalog game available at $20 each, but then I managed to hold back in case something goes on sale in the next two weeks. I'm primarily a PC gamer, so I already have most of the great 3rd party stuff.

I am holding out for both as well. Hoping for $10 prices on each..

Top Bottom