• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 2 (12/13/2016 - 12/20/2016)

MisterR

I'll be picking up Until Dawn and playing it again. One of my favorite games this generation. Can't beat if for 8 bucks.

ty_hot

Im extremely tempted for Firewatch and Until Dawn, but I will just play my backlog games and in case I will ever finish them (lol) there are PES and NBA to keep me busy until the next time they go on sale. Until Dawn probably wont go cheaper than that, but Firewatch probably will (maybe even a PS+ game in 2017?).

This is probably an unpopular opinion, but while I like the game (interested in the story and how the choices affect it), I'm severely turned off by the "teenager" (young adult?) drama and I feel like it affects the choices negatively, because there are times when all the available options are stupid bullshit a grown up, logical person wouldn't even consider. I can only play for a few minutes before I start rolling my eyes at some of the characters.

Again, it's not a bad game by any means and I'll probably stick with it until the end, but I figured I'd share just in case. It's still and interesting game.

The term "rougelike" turns me off immediately because of the steep difficulty curve that comes with it. How difficult is Darkest Dungeon??

I basically hate roguelikes.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Have the devs said anything recently about the 60 fps patch coming to PS4 anytime soon for Hyper Light Drifter?

5taquitos

Have the devs said anything recently about the 60 fps patch coming to PS4 anytime soon for Hyper Light Drifter?

Just did a search and I'm not seeing anything, I think the 60fps patch for PC is still technically beta. It may be a while before it shows up on PS4.

The term "rougelike" turns me off immediately because of the steep difficulty curve that comes with it. How difficult is Darkest Dungeon??

I basically hate roguelikes.

Idk how it's changed for consoles but it was brutally difficult on pc when it was still in the alpha phase. I liked it but I would be lying if I said it didn't get me pissed off. It felt unfair at times... maybe they've adjusted difficulty

I'm guessing my GTX 1060 with i7-3770k runs Firewatch better than the PS4? If not, I'm buying.

Still holding out hope for The Witness one of these weeks.

Kill3r7

Woah Deus Ex Mankind Divided already under $30 for Plus members.
Get in on dat ish, really good stealth RPG game.

Grab Hyper Light drifter too as IIRC they patched in offline co-op mode (someone correct me on this :X)

Armikrog's a neat Adventure game with a kickass intro so def. give that a chance.

Wow, that was fast. I may actually pick this up.

Just FYI, Deus Ex is $19.99 at Amazon for the PS4 physical copy: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VQZOIAG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Lots of fun to be had for that price. Worth playing if you liked HR.

Rean

Is saints row 4 worth it? I played 3 but was never really interested in 4 with the way they changed the game.

Cleve

Is saints row 4 worth it? I played 3 but was never really interested in 4 with the way they changed the game.

It's kind of a weak port, but if you liked the humor in 3, it's similar, just even more over the top. I loved it on PC

george_us

Grabbed Hyper Light Drifter. Tempted by Deus Ex but I feel I'm going to be able to grab it later on down the road at an even better price.

wtd2009

already picked up until dawn and firewatch in the previous sales, doesn't seem like there is much new with this one. i guess i've finally picked up the majority of what is typically put on sale.

I feel like I should double dip on SR 4 since I already have it on my PC.

Do the PS4 versions of San Andreas and Vice City have the complete soundtracks of the originals, or am I better off just playing them on my PC?

sense

Why isnt Grand Kingdom vita version on sale!? Also how is Steamworld Heist?

Heist is one of those games I'd probably have definitely checked out with a 20% coupon. Really liked Dig so confident I'd like it but the new direction is a bit... risky!
Steamworld heist is an awesome game especially if you liked dig. not complicated, addicting and just plain goofy fun. played on vita with no issues
How is Darkest Dungeon?

I've been eyeing that game for a long while.

Anyone have an opinion on it? Worth it?

Curious about Darkest Dungeon on Vita. Any performance issues?

Probably getting the drinkbox collection for the Vita. Loves Guacamelee.

Darkest dungeon is very good but you do reach a stage after 10 or 12 hours where the game expects you to grind and it can be really annoying. I highly recommend it because you want to keep going back to it but just be prepared to hit a wall midway. runs fine on vita but the controls take some time getting used to.

icespide

Banned
been using these sales to slowly replace all my disc copies of games with digital. only a few more games to go and then i'm completely disc free!

Experien

Be sure to check your weekly update emails, they randomly gave me a 20% off coupon that expires in 5 days.

Might bite on Darkest Dungeon since I am already getting that Perfect game.

Dayuuummnnn this should be considered illegal, they selling Until Dawn for $7.99 !!!

What these God's are up to now, anyone know? Until Dawn 2?

It's buggy as hell (anticipate random hard crashes and losing your wardrobe/garage stock), but it's still probably the best console version of a pretty good game.

If it's cheap enough, yeah, go for it.

Edit: as one of those weirdos who insists on buying PS+ games to own, jumped on Furi pretty quickly. Steamworld Heist, Hyperlight Drifter, Song of the Deep, Stardew Valley and a few others, too.

Any opinions on Yomawari? Blood Bowl 2?

Top Bottom