• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Holiday Sale Week 2 (12/13/2016 - 12/20/2016)

I'm tempted by Dragon Quest Builders. It's only $39.99 for the Day 1 physical copy at TRU, though. I'd rather have it digital but Sony never saw fit to send me that 20% off coupon or $10 credit, despite buying all their systems, so I'm not as tempted as I would be.

I'll probably pick up Until Dawn, though.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Only slightly related, but Stardew Valley is already up if you search for it.

Picked up SteamWorld Heist.

TheMan

I was hoping for more PSVR discounts, although I get that the games are new. Battlezone still too high though.

Is there gonna be a 3rd week of discounts?

Headlander worth 10 bucks?
Absolutely. I can't recommend this game enough, it was easily one of my favourite releases this year.

The art design is fantastic, the soundtrack is great, and the dry comedy approach to the narration is actually funny. Admittedly, the battle mechanics have a bit of a learning curve, but it becomes more awarding as you power up your character.

Gravity rush worth it , if you somewhat enjoyed it on VITA?
I think the game's actually even more impressive if you have a recollection of playing it on the vita. The gameplay remains the same but the graphical improvements they made to the game are pretty incredible. It looks so clean.

Ricker

Until Dawn at $7.99 was way too good of a deal to pass up. I was interested in it for awhile so now it's time to give it a chance! Downloaded really quick too. I love the rest mode so much.

You are in for a treat...its been said many times but UD is an awesome game,one of my favorite ever lol and at that price,jesus,everyone should get it ;)

chefbags

Is rise of the tomb raider a good buy for that price? I'm literally so close to getting it but I'm not sure of the consensus on this game.

Stainless

Gonna pick up Life is Strange, Until Dawn and the game of thrones.
I kind of want Dragon Age Inquisition too but I'm not sure if I wanna get the deluxe version for $8 or get goty version for $16

Finally Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY Edition is on sale again. Been waiting for that to get the DLC.

Gonna pick up Life is Strange, Until Dawn and the game of thrones.
I kind of want Dragon Age Inquisition too but I'm not sure if I wanna get the deluxe version for $8 or get goty version for $16

GOTY. You are getting all of the story DLC for an extra $8. And you need that story DLC because it answers questions that are unresolved at the end of the base game.

Tizoc

Game of Thrones for $4 is tempting.

It's the worst of Telltale's adventure games. Save up for Batman Telltale which is very likely to go on sale in coming weeks. Be forwarned that performance is iffy on PS4 though.

Grab Armikrog if you want your adventure game fix.

how bad is tmnt? want a good turtles co op game.

Core combat isn't that bad, but the overall game is dull and it only has online co-op. Better to get TF Devastation instead if you don't have it from Plus. Short, has good replay value, kickass soundtrack and that glorious Platinum gaming goodness.

HotHamBoy

Idk how it's changed for consoles but it was brutally difficult on pc when it was still in the alpha phase. I liked it but I would be lying if I said it didn't get me pissed off. It felt unfair at times... maybe they've adjusted difficulty

It's still really difficult but you have to learn how to play the game by unlearning how you play other RPGS.

Basically, everyone is meat for the grinder.

Looking at Enter the Gungeon and Steamworld Heist. My backlog is just so damned full.

I'm with you. I can vouch for Gungeon. I'll probably pick up Heist, great discount.

GeoramA

Great prices for Tomb Raider, Until Dawn, and Gravity Rush.

Grabbing Headlander, Enter the Gungeon, and maybe Hyper Light Drifter

BadHand

Grabbing ($31.16 after the 20% off)

Firewatch
Hyper Light Drifter
Axiom Verge
Drawful 2
Goat Simulator

I'm unsure if I wanna throw the FFXV Season Pass in with that with my 20% off coupon. Never bought a season pass before... bringing the total to $57.96.

I have exactly $58.87 in my account so maybe it's a sign.

For my fellow Canadians, it seems some of the sale prices are at parity with the US. Hotline Miami 2 is $5.99 on both sides of the border for instance.

I just bought the taken King only to find out it's just the 3 expansions and doesn't come with the actual game? And I can't seem to find base destiny on the store just the collection

ViolentP

Did Until Dawn get any PS Pro enhancements? I don't see much reason to replay it but for that price...

Nope.

I've got $70 in PSN gift cards and a 20% off coupon. Pulling:

Stardew Valley
Fallout 4 Season Pass
Dying Light
Firewatch
Uncharted 4

Not a bad haul for $46 out of pocket.

Ogawa-san

I'd get Grand Kingdom but I just have the feeling it's one of those Nippon Ichi/NIS games that'll hit Steam sooner than later...

Toki767

I think I'll go for:

Stardew Valley
Until Dawn
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

For under $40 after 20% off.

I feel like I'm missing something though.

Oh man, I just bought Firewatch on the Game Awards sale a few days ago for $13.99 plus the theme separately for another $3. Wish I had waited a few extra days to snag both for $12.

The $5 difference isn't a big deal, but I wish Sony offered some way to refund the difference when the same game goes on two different sales over the span of a few days. Otherwise buying anything off of these feels too much like gambling.

That being said, I'll probably grab Gravity Rush Remastered and Song of the Deep off of this sale. I'd like Jotun but for $10 I don't think it's worth risking the fact that it'll probably be a PS+ title in the next few months. GRR has that risk too, but I do want to play it before the sequel drops in February so this seems like a good a time as any.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned
Thoughts on Dead Island Definitive Collection at $19.99? I have a few friends that could possibly pick it up as well to run co op with.

Top Bottom