• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valorant is launching on Xbox Series S / X and PS5 today !

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Riot Games’ free-to-play 5v5 tactical shooter has been adapted for consoles but won’t include crossplay with PC.​

Riot Games is surprise launching Valorant on Xbox Series S / X and PS5 consoles today. After a brief beta period in June, the console version of Valorant will be available in the United States, Canada, Europe, Japan, and Brazil and features all the same gameplay, heroes, and abilities as the PC version.

Valorant on console won’t have crossplay support because Riot Games wants to maintain “competitive integrity.” That means PC players won’t be getting controller support, either. The game will support cross-progression, so any skins and progression will carry over between PC and console. Both PC and console players will also receive simultaneous platform releases, including balance patches, new agents, map updates, premium content, and more.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Desus And Mero Pass GIF by Bernie Sanders

Valorant on PS5 was one of my biggest surprises just because of how good it translated to console.

I think I would be more likely to jump into the console version versus PC as during the time I played it on PC the fanbase was fucking terrible which isn't surprising considering who it comes from.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Deleted my comment I didn’t realize mouse and keyboard worked on consoles for this game

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Mentions graphics but prefers the godawful graphical style of Fortnite lol
You can not be a fan of the art style, but the games visuals and performance are top tier, especially compared to valorant’s 360 visuals. Have you not seen how Fortnite makes use of UE5?

Edit: My bad, I forgot I was on Gaf, where it’s more popular to hate on anything Fortnite than to give it credit for anything.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
The game will support cross-progression, so any skins and progression will carry over between PC and console

This is true, but the Game Pass unlocks don't transfer over to the PS5 version.

Last edited:
Still not up on the AUS PSN store. Guess they aren't going to support our region.

Edit - Downloaded it from the US store, and can play on my AUS account just fine. Even has Sydney server (same as it does on PC). Linked my Riot and PSN accounts just fine. Weird that it is not up on the AUS store, and Australia isn't even listed as a supported country going by the OP.

Last edited:
You can not be a fan of the art style, but the games visuals and performance are top tier, especially compared to valorant’s 360 visuals. Have you not seen how Fortnite makes use of UE5?

Edit: My bad, I forgot I was on Gaf, where it’s more popular to hate on anything Fortnite than to give it credit for anything.
I enjoy Fortnite from time to time…but the game looks like ass to me personally. Not just the style, but everything about the visuals.

Fbh

Gold Member
Since it's free I'll at least check it out.
Though to my understanding it's basically CS with powers so I doubt I'll like it

Plays quite well on controller to be honest. Plenty of options to customise aiming and button layout though there are a few that are tied to other options that I wish were separated.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
If anyone sucks at shooting and still wants to have an impact, buy Harbor. His utility almost forces your team to go in a certain direction and it stays up a decent amount of time so you can watch your higher skilled teammates utilize your **** in their cam.

Killjoy and Cypher are also good for players who can't shoot well.

Last edited:
GaaS is evil tho
It's not gaas if u have gamepass ultimate all characters unlocked from get go.
The problem is the commitment these sort of games need to be good at
I mean I have spent years in warzone and now I can't drop that and play something entirely diffently and wholeheartedly commit to them.
+ The battlepasses in these games are a mini job init self
So u can't really commit to multiple of these games

Top Bottom