• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve Officialy Announced Deadlock

Curious to learn more but I’ve little time in my life for finished games as is. It would need to be mana from heaven to beta test an unfinished one.

Last edited:
XVzHNzJ.jpeg

near

Gold Member
I've been playtesting this over the weekend and a for a bit today. It's quite addictive and fun. I think this will be huge when it opens up to the public.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
I find MOBAs in general usually get very polarized reactions. either people really love them or they hate them like nothing else. personally, I like DOTA2 and played it for a few years before. this is basically DOTA2 but in 3rd person shooting mode. I had fun with it and will jump back in whenever I have time.

finalflame

I find MOBAs in general usually get very polarized reactions. either people really love them or they hate them like nothing else. personally, I like DOTA2 and played it for a few years before. this is basically DOTA2 but in 3rd person shooting mode. I had fun with it and will jump back in whenever I have time.
This sounds like all I needed to know to not really touch this ever, but the third person shooting angle still has me intrigued.

winjer

Gold Member
Today, got an invite to try this game. Might give it a shot, but I have never played a moba.

Last edited:

Tg89

Yeah this is gonna be a hit, game is already fantastic.

Great take on the 3rd person MOBA, crazy amount of depth/high skill ceiling. Was watching this earlier today and so many things I missed just playing around with the game:

Not surprised by the boomer takes here though. Imagine spending your days posting on a gaming forum and not being able to differentiate between genres.

Last edited:

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
getting crushed in a couple pub games made me realized I actually need to read up what all the items and abilities do. so I read into the items and fired up a private bot game on medium using Dynamo. was thoroughly outlaned by Haze early game, but once I figured out how best to use the abilities I was able to hold my own in the fights. eventually we got our base pushed but was able to wipe them in team fight. and slowly just keep pushing back and ended up winning that match, which I honestly didn't expect to happen even if it's a bot game. being able to drag it into LATE game (ended at 70+ minutes I think) definitely helps, but it's something that for sure won't happen with real life players on the other team because they would have finished the push without allowing me to farm back up. I think I know what I need to focus on now and will keep hopping on from time to time. this really is a fun game and I look forward to getting a little better with it.

Last edited:
game looks ass, honestly not sure why people are so into it.

Prob just a "i love valve hnnng" type thing

I don't like mobas and I'm tired of hero shooters. I gave deadlock a chance and I'm hooked. It scratches the itch I have for mechanical aiming being important while also tonnes of depth and teamwork of a moba.

It's clearly very well made and a lot of thought has been put into it.

OBVIOUSLY valve do get a lot of goodwill. I'd be curious how a game like this would do if a small indie developer put it out. It wouldn't have 126k concurrent already that's for sure. But you are just being an idiot who hasn't even played the game.

tmlDan

I don't like mobas and I'm tired of hero shooters. I gave deadlock a chance and I'm hooked. It scratches the itch I have for mechanical aiming being important while also tonnes of depth and teamwork of a moba.

It's clearly very well made and a lot of thought has been put into it.

OBVIOUSLY valve do get a lot of goodwill. I'd be curious how a game like this would do if a small indie developer put it out. It wouldn't have 126k concurrent already that's for sure. But you are just being an idiot who hasn't even played the game.
thats nice, i watched many hours of gameplay, looks mid.

I do play MOBA's a lot, this one aint nothing special, its just the valve fanboys and their reputation

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
thats nice, i watched many hours of gameplay, looks mid.

8S-DhPgfon5-6hgvxIWZbFj2esSzR9AIiaAMCEC7rrJr5H6oF2eRN1OOyVYsr3ikDYEFeuKHVaflPGuRcRusAE2diKHzNYJB3AkiONGXt-JmsTipaA

I do play MOBA's a lot, this one aint nothing special, its just the valve fanboys and their reputation

Oh ok, tmlDan says so :rolleyes:

Somehow Valve fans can lift a game over their shoulders to ~130k concurrent players before the thing is even released while Sony fans barely break 100 players, like the studios and family don't even support concord and play it.

tmlDan

You keep making this same assertion with nothing to back it up.
Okay, anything Valve makes somehow people shill for, TF2 isnt fun (rampant cheaters for years now), CSGO is also average (cheaters, poor update with the SAME maps and worse gameplay, a TON of glitches) L4D is also not good at all (it never was good tbh, terrible shooting mechanics), all outdated and average based on modern standards but people still play it, whether it be nostalgia drugs or valve fanboyism. The same goes for deadlock. There you go.

Dota 2 is also plummeting in quality for years now. Although, it's prob the best thing they ever made.

Nothing i say will ever convince you, but its the truth.

near

Gold Member
Okay, anything Valve makes somehow people shill for, TF2 isnt fun (rampant cheaters for years now), CSGO is also average (cheaters, poor update with the SAME maps and worse gameplay, a TON of glitches) L4D is also not good at all (it never was good tbh, terrible shooting mechanics), all outdated and average based on modern standards but people still play it, whether it be nostalgia drugs or valve fanboyism. The same goes for deadlock. There you go.

Dota 2 is also plummeting in quality for years now. Although, it's prob the best thing they ever made.

You're spouting nonsense and trying to pass it off in a dogmatic way. Just because you don't like something that is successful doesn't inherently mean that those who do are inclined to do so because they're shills. If a game is bad, or just not fun, people wouldn't waste their time on it regardless of how much they value the developer, Valve is no exception. I've already highlighted two examples in Dota Underlords and Artifact which you've refused to acknowledge.

Jinzo Prime

Yeah this is gonna be a hit, game is already fantastic.

Great take on the 3rd person MOBA, crazy amount of depth/high skill ceiling. Was watching this earlier today and so many things I missed just playing around with the game:

Not surprised by the boomer takes here though. Imagine spending your days posting on a gaming forum and not being able to differentiate between genres.

This isn't my genre, but I can tell this has some quality and thought behind it. This ain't Concord, people.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member

edgelord GIF by AOK

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie

What games are you playing that is better than Valve games? I would love to hear about them.

All I see is people constantly shitting on valve for "not making games" but as it stands they have the best RTS, the best FPS, and likely soon to be best TPS on the market.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
I made an OT in the community side for Deadlock. nothing fancy. just a simple thread for folks who like the game enough to share some tips and tricks or funnies.

Top Bottom