• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Red

Wow, you can't play Justine if you modify cfg files. Which means I can't disable head bobbing. Fuck it, not going to make myself sick again just to get that potato.

Datwheezy

Unconfirmed Member
Hylian7 said:
I haven't touched Rush at all, and just got it with the potato sack. Is there any quick way to get to the level I need for the potatoes in it?
Nope, you have to power through the levels. If you spam the hint buttons, they tell you exactly where to put things. Otherwise, you'll never have enough time to get to the proper levels.

Drkirby said:
I don't think Valve has any way to know if the Potatoes were gotten legit or not

honestly, I don't think they care. You bought the game, and there's enough of a skill/savvy mix to getting the potatoes that they just assume you get em, you got em. They're not going to be seriously pissed off that like maybe 15% of golden potato owners legitimately had a Razer whatever they make.

TheExodu5

Banned
I can't figure out how to get the second potato on the Bit.Trip test level. I keep getting the "noodles" message.

edit: and I just got it.

Hylian7

Datwheezy said:
Nope, you have to power through the levels. If you spam the hint buttons, they tell you exactly where to put things. Otherwise, you'll never have enough time to get to the proper levels.
In that case, fuck Rush's potatoes, I'll leave it on in the background and do potatoes for something else.

Holy crap, I nearly shat myself in Justine just now. Towards the end,
when you're running from the monster and closing doors behind you, the final door wasn't closed in time... in fact, I'm not even sure what happened. All I know is that I pulled the lever to shut the door, turn slightly to the left, and he was right there in my face. I screamed like a bitch and ran away as fast as I could, making the mistake of turning around to see if he was gaining on me (hint: he was), but barely made it in time.
Haven't been that frightened in a game in a while.

But, unfortunately, I missed a note. D'oh!

Mairu said:
Requiring you to complete all of RUSH & Cogs for the potatoes was just mean :|
Cogs was the worst. I already played through most of RUSH shortly after it came out, but even if I hadn't, at least it has hints.

Mairu

CrookedRain said:
Cogs was the worst. I already played through most of RUSH shortly after it came out, but even if I hadn't, at least it has hints.
I started playing Cogs for the first time yesterday but sort of gave up after a few puzzles. I'm not very good at those :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I contributed thirty goddamn hours to AaAaAA!!! I like to think it was all me. Dont have rush, so SMB next.

I feel like I want to buy a few of the games in the Potato Sack, but at that point, it's sort of like, well you may as well buy the whole thing. I don't want to spend that much though :/

CarbonatedFalcon said:
I feel like I want to buy a few of the games in the Potato Sack, but at that point, it's sort of like, well you may as well buy the whole thing. I don't want to spend that much though :/
Gabe-Newell-2.jpg

All according to keikaku

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Revolutionary said:
But, unfortunately, I missed a note. D'oh!

I've disabled enemies and sound as to gun through it for the potato. I'll play it as intended when I finish The Dark Descent.

I'm just wondering what would the point be in filling up every game's bar when the computations completed for launch bar at the top looks like it only needs 6 titles to be full.

3 titles should be done by noon today (Sunday).

Bananimus

Mairu said:
Requiring you to complete all of RUSH & Cogs for the potatoes was just mean :|
I did all of the Rush stuff legitimately, starting from a fresh game, and it wasn't that bad. To be fair, playing the game wasn't much of a chore for me since I love the formula (Chu Chu Rocket, basically).

The last two potatoes for Cogs are insane, though (on account of the absurd time limits and the number of stars required to unlock them).

Blizzard

Banned
The_Technomancer said:
Whoa, is it me or is Rush really accelerating.
JaseC said:
The GLaDOS@Home Enhancer plug-in puts RUSH at just over an hour and a half to go.
What are you talking about? Am I missing something? I tried screenshotting the meter half an hour apart, and it's just under 3.5% for half an hour, so 7% if you're optimistic for an hour.

At 7% an hour, that will take over 6 hours.

blamite

crimsonheadGCN said:
I'm just wondering what would the point be in filling up every game's bar when the computations completed for launch bar at the top looks like it only needs 6 titles to be full.

3 titles should be done by noon today (Sunday).
The timer doesn't take into account uncompleted games, but the top bar does. Every single game is contributing to the bar, not just the finished ones.

Bisonian

JaseC said:
I've disabled enemies and sound as to gun through it for the potato. I'll play it as intended when I finish The Dark Descent.

Can you disable enemies and still get the potato from Amnesia: Justine?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
All Potatoes gotten, and picture uploaded to the Steam Cloud so I can see them again once they take the Potatoes away
1CC484269B9C790E52605A3DC8E0497407A50193

TheExodu5

Banned
Mairu said:
I started playing Cogs for the first time yesterday but sort of gave up after a few puzzles. I'm not very good at those :(

I cheated all the way through Cogs. Downloaded a save file and used the auto script.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
butter_stick said:
What's the cut off for the Potato banner on the right? I've seen people with it without the golden potato.
Think it's for running a bunch of Potato Sack games at the same time.

clav

So it's been about 37 hours since this has started.

We're about half way there, so if there isn't a Mr. Fusion energy reactor + 1.21 giga watts boost when RUSH completes, just forget about the whole thing and wait until Monday.

Mairu

TheExodu5 said:
I cheated all the way through Cogs. Downloaded a save file and used the auto script.
I guess I'll just do that later if I feel like getting the potatoes :p

I still have to get:
aaaaaaaaa potatoes (I am bad at this game)
amnesia dlc potato
audiosurf potato #2
cogs potatoes
defense grid chas potato
killing floor potatoes
rush potatoes
super meat boy potatoes
the ball potato #1
toki tori (I enjoy rush but I don't like their other game ;()

I *think* that's it ;|

TheExodu5

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
Think it's for running a bunch of Potato Sack games at the same time.

Well, launching them all in a single Steam session. I assume you need to do them individually for Steam to track it.

TheExodu5

Banned
Mairu said:
I guess I'll just do that later if I feel like getting the potatoes :p

I still have to get:
aaaaaaaaa potatoes (I am bad at this game)
amnesia dlc potato
audiosurf potato #2
cogs potatoes
defense grid chas potato
killing floor potatoes
rush potatoes
super meat boy potatoes
the ball potato #1
toki tori (I enjoy rush but I don't like their other game ;()

I *think* that's it ;|

I started 4 hours ago.

What I have left:

Amnesia Justine
Defense Grid - all
Killing Floor - all
Rush - all
The Ball - all
Toki Tori - all

18/36 so far

Shouldn't be too bad. I'm playing through Rush right now. It's fun.

I finally beat the first world of SMB only to get to the falling hypodermic needle level.

I dont think Im going to get to the portal content before release.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
claviertekky said:
Yeah, I'm not doing the RUSH potatoes.
Rush was actually pretty easy. The levels aren't that hard with the hint system if you suck at the game, and Key to Success is unlocked in the second patch of Hard maps. should take only 2 hours to get both the Potatoes.

Cogs, screw doing that legit, mouse scripts saved the day.

Blizzard

Banned
Is there any way to zoom in/out in RUSH?

Zoom, more varied music, and a way to easily see which level you've completed would be nice. The level selection is really haphazard and I can't see much of a "cleared" indication. *edit* I guess they lose a slight white glow (and spin, thanks Kirby).

Europe is waking up and America is going to bed. Don't let us down Europe! I expect at least 3 more games completed when I wake up in 7 hours.

Cipherr

claviertekky said:
So it's been about 37 hours since this has started.

We're about half way there, so if there isn't a Mr. Fusion energy reactor + 1.21 giga watts boost when RUSH completes, just forget about the whole thing and wait until Monday.

This. It was cool until this part that moves like a slug and actually basically asks me to idle a bunch of games in the background. Fuck that, Ill wait for the release day then. Bad enough we were asked to drop 40 bucks on a slew of games Ill likely never even play again.

Mikey Jr.

These potato multipliers dont seem to be doing jack shit.

Fuck sakes, we have over 330k, and still slogging at the same fucking pace.

TheExodu5

Banned
I found the solution to not getting frustrated by the timer: work on potatoes. Now I'm almost hoping the timer goes on as long as possible so I have time to get all the potatoes.

Of course, this only works if you have the potato sack and no golden potato yet...

ElNarez

Banned
Mikey Jr. said:
These potato multipliers dont seem to be doing jack shit.

Fuck sakes, we have over 330k, and still slogging at the same fucking pace.

Uh, dude. We're about to break 50% on the main bar, and on the Cogs one, which is not even the one we've been focusing on for the past couple of hours. Shit is getting done at a faster pace than you can imagine. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Top Bottom