• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Orellio said:
:O :O :O :O :O :O

WHAT DOES IT MEAN

Edit: In an instant, no one cares we've been waiting 3 days for this :p
It means you are playing Portal 2 tonight.

EmCeeGramr said:
L4D2 was announced less than a year after L4D1 came out. A bunch of fans thought Valve releasing a sequel so quickly had to be a rush job or evil EA influence, and believed there was no way it would be more than glorified DLC with a "2" on the title.
That was the "debacle?" smh

Salmonax said:
So if one wanted to be cynical, one could argue they created an artificially late release timeframe just so they could pull it back to the usual one and attribute it to the ARG? I mean, a midnight launch tonight would be pretty comical.

Thank you for all your support. you all have manage to make the game release a whopping 5 hours ahead of normal release date!

gabetrollface.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Valve either pushed the big red button from the backlash, or this is all in the grand scheme of this emotional rollercoaster that is the ARG.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
it seems the counter is roughly counting at 700potatoes per minute.

Which means 460000/700 roughly 600 minutes, another 10 hours.
Omg, it has happened, I've become one of the crazy people.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
BUT IT'S 2AM I CAN'T PULL AN ALL-NIGHTER WITH PORTAL 2.

FUCK IT YES I CAN.

EDIT: GO FASTER!

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Corky said:
it seems the counter is roughly counting at 700potatoes per minute.

Which means 460000/700 roughly 600 minutes, another 10 hours.
Omg, it has happened, I've become one of the crazy people.
So midnight EST, like everyone assumed days ago.

If I had to guess, I'd say maybe the remaining power required met the amount of potatoes gathered at a certain point, and when it was met it started consuming the potatoes. When those potatoes run out? Probably release.

OR GABE JUST PUSHED A BUTTON BUT whatever lols

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
OMG WHATS HAPPENING
buijj.gif

Salmonax

enzo_gt said:
Valve either pushed the big red button from the backlash, or this is all in the grand scheme of this emotional rollercoaster that is the ARG.
If their response to the frustration is to start a 10 hour potato countdown, they're not getting it.

Seiru

Banned
Trickster said:
Dunno why you guys are getting your panties in a twist. At this rate it will take hours before it reaches zero :|

10.8 hours by my calculations!

Unless the rate of potato depletion accelerates.

Top Bottom