• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

blamite

Tanolen said:
Killing floor doing nothing means we are ahead of schedule, take pride in knowing we beat valve at their own game!
MIDNIGHT OF LAUNCH DAY IS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE.
This is the world in which we live.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
JaseC said:
Do you honestly still believe that would help in any way?

Hey if that means I can play Portal 2 at least one minute earlier, then yes!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
20:20: The number of Active Test Subjects jumps to 63, then falls back to 56. Everyone, focus on Killing Floor. We're definitely getting Portal 2 once we finish it. It's gonna knock-off at least 2 hours.

lol

XeroSauce

So you let 9 people come down to your offices to play in the middle of the day. Okay.

Then you let the creator of that group play. Sure, why not.

Now, only his friends can play? Okay..

So you have thousands of fans waiting to play P2 and you decide to let in 60 of them?

I don't understand this. Trolling to the max.

TheExodu5

Banned
Firehead said:
When you click robot enrichment...

Portal hats, here we go!

XeroSauce said:
So you let 9 people come down to your offices to play in the middle of the day. Okay.

Then you let the creator of that group play. Sure, why not.

Now, only his friends can play? Okay..

So you have thousands of fans waiting to play P2 and you decide to let in 60 of them?

I don't understand this. Trolling to the max.

It's just to spread the word of mouth and hype up the launch. No big deal.

It's all part of the anticipation.

Mairu said:
TdjpD.png

/jealous

https://www.facebook.com/Portal/posts/10150228929158689

Looks like the friend of Dinosaur thing was right, looked at his profile and saw Firehead was a friend of Dinosaur's. AHHHH waiting :(

The Dinosaur's friend list is full right now too :(

Emitan

Looks like Amnesia is last. What's the matter, guys? Scared?

I don't own Amnesia because it will scare the taters right out of me :(

Blizzard

Banned
FINALBOSS said:
Some of us have been waiting twenty years, not wanting spoiled on the main menu options. The next thing you know he's going to be posting screenshots of the game ending. :^P

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
20:20: The number of Active Test Subjects jumps to 63, then falls back to 56. Everyone, focus on Killing Floor. We're definitely getting Portal 2 once we finish it. It's gonna knock-off at least 2 hours.l

azG3A.gif

taoofjord

I think it's honestly not allowed to launch until 12am EST. Some contract/agreement/whatever that solely deals with digital distribution based on america's time table. I bet it'll end up being released at like 12:10 EST

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
The timer was never going to finish before the individual games were finished. That's why SMB took so much time off and Killing Floor didn't.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This is such bullshit. My six taters are just as good as your gold tater. You think you're better than me? Well you're not.

XeroSauce

taoofjord said:
I think it's honestly not allowed to launch until 12am EST. Some contract/agreement/whatever that solely deals with digital distribution based on america's time table. I bet it'll end up being released at like 12:10 EST

So why is it that 60 privileged people can play?

Slavik81

duderon said:
The timer was never going to finish before the individual games were finished. That's why SMB took so much time off and Killing Floor didn't.
I'm missing something between your premise and your conclusion.

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
taoofjord said:

Short of some sort of double-plus amazing overclocking on top of what's already being done, the game is slated to launch at about 12:30 AM EST.

Amnesia and Defense Grid will simply not finish in time unless an unheard of number of people connect at low usage hours, and even then it's questionable how much it would speed things up given Valve's pretty iron-clad grip on this whole process.

Red

So to those of you who were questioning a midnight EST release, saying the whole thing wasn't rigged... where are you now?

Top Bottom