• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Salsa

OH WELL IM COOL WITH IT

you know why ?

CAUSE IM DECRYPTING PORTAL FUCKIN 2

and this was fun as hell, i love you guys

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
SalsaShark said:
HALF LIFE COMPLETE PACK FOR THE GOLDEN POTATO ?

YOU FUCKIN KIDDING ME ?

I ALREADY OWNED IT ALL

AND I CANT GIFT THE EXTRA COPIES

UGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You should be able to...I swear I thought it was pretty much all Valve products were available to be re-gifted and other publishers were scattershot in what could be re-gifted.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GJS said:
Mine is decrypting and I received the games I didn't own from the Valve Complete Pack.

JaseC said:
"Everybody with Golden Potatoes gets the Valve Complete Pack free"?

Haha, it's not even available in Australia thanks to L4D2. What do we get?

:(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Houston3000 said:
I'm serious. This thread is moving a mile a minute, I'm curious what happened at the end of the ARG.

What did completing it accomplish?
Your here, Portal 2 released under 12 hours early, slightly earlier for people who got all the potatoes, and they all got the Valve Complete Pack, though ungiftable, free.

Oreoleo

ultron87 said:
Honestly, I'm pretty sure you could've accidentally tripped in the vicinity of Steam over the last few years, and gotten half the Valve Complete pack for your trouble.

A dozen copies of Portal 1 anyway :p

KiKaL

Umm, I have Valves Complete Pack...and Portal 2. They gave me Portal 2 free! Looks like I am returning my Amazon copy

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
IchigoSharingan said:
It's better to make a title change like that than to pull out the laundry list of users who are officially eating crow for being Valve apologists.

That said, the game's on its way to release for the Master Race. Have a good gaming session, everyone.
lmao.The nerve of some people.

And two people simultaneously started playing Portal 2 in my friend's list.

FML.

NCJc3.jpg

Salsa

wenis said:
You should be able to...I swear I thought it was pretty much all Valve products were available to be re-gifted and other publishers were scattershot in what could be re-gifted.

nope, you cant.

Makes sense though, since they are free and all, i just wish i didnt already owned every game i want from it :/

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Foxy Fox 39 said:
Now I'm pissed lol.

So it's only releasing for people who jumped through hoops? While that s awesome for them it sucks for me.

Just wait 30 more minutes.

MThanded said:
The ARG was for fun and a sense of a community. It got people to work together towards a common goal. At the end of the day the game gets released early and people are complaining like Valve took their first son or something.

What early release? It's launch day and the game is still not out. People can grab it at midnight launches before us.

Valve setup a bullshit rigged contest to get people to buy product. It's that simple. The games in the potato pack might be great but the ARG was bullshit.

Chavelo

Valve's fake Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

Valve's fake Portal 2 ARG

fake Portal 2 ARG

fake ARG

fake ARG

ಠ.ಠ

thefil

Original-Blue said:
Wow so this whole thing was just extra time to get the potatoes. Wish I had have given it more effort, though I doubt I could have done it.

While it would be nice to be playing now, I think for me personally I'm glad I didn't spend the time. Probably helps that I own everything I want from Valve already.

Slavik81

Juan29.zapata said:
What is this complete pack I'm hearing about?!
Valve Complete Pack
Includes 22 items: Counter-Strike, Team Fortress Classic, Day of Defeat, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Ricochet, Half-Life, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Half-Life: Blue Shift, Half-Life 2, Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life: Source, Day of Defeat: Source, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch, Half-Life 2: Lost Coast, Half-Life Deathmatch: Source, Half-Life 2: Episode One, Portal, Half-Life 2: Episode Two, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2

http://store.steampowered.com/app/550/

Basically, every game Valve has ever released.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
enzo_gt said:
Your here, Portal 2 released under 12 hours early, slightly earlier for people who got all the potatoes, and they all got the Valve Complete Pack, though ungiftable, free.
And people are calling valve scammers.

Fake ARG is like saying ATM machine

Cartman86

Banned
Houston3000 said:
I'm serious. This thread is moving a mile a minute, I'm curious what happened at the end of the ARG.

What did completing it accomplish?

Well people who got every potato got a copy of every Valve game, plus just got their copy of Portal 2 unlocked. In less than 30 minutes the rest of us will get it unlocked it seems. Which would be around 10 hours ahead of the "scheduled release". Though in the past Valve has released games at midnight so if you think it should have come out then then we get the game less than 3 hours early.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
You guys who received the Valve Pack - its possible you actually received a coveted Valve Steam Key. That would give you all Valve games on Steam as soon as they're released. Very cool indeed!

Red

Chavelo said:

fake Portal 2 ARG

fake ARG

fake ARG

ಠ.ಠ
Bar filling requirements were called fake.

BlisterBrown

Neo Member
MThanded said:
People who had all 36 potatoes on Steam just got the Valve Complete Pack for free, and Portal 2 unlocked a bit early.
Fuck, I should have bought the pack, then those 4 days wasted wouldn't have been wasted at all.

DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT

XeroSauce

Chavelo said:

fake Portal 2 ARG

fake ARG

fake ARG

ಠ.ಠ

Chavelo

Chavel

Cavel

Cave

Cve

Ve

E

?!

Twig

Banned
SalsaShark said:
HALF LIFE COMPLETE PACK FOR THE GOLDEN POTATO ?

YOU FUCKIN KIDDING ME ?

I ALREADY OWNED IT ALL

AND I CANT GIFT THE EXTRA COPIES

UGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Haha seriously?

I own it all. Amusing.

also:
8:59 PM - Twig: oh my god
8:59 PM - Twig: oh my GOD
8:59 PM - Twig: p-body is wearing the soldier's viking helmet
8:59 PM - Twig: OH MY GOD

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/577794895646666040/91017192217557BF494772E3A447D7D0566BFFC7/

Not a spoiler, but since SOME PEOPLE ARE FUCKING BABIES

it's just p-body in a viking helm :D

TheExodu5

Banned
Ugh...Portal 2 for free as well? I wish I didn't pre-order now lol.

People who didn't follow Valve's catalogue got $140 of games for free. People who did got nothing. :(

Oh well.

Top Bottom