• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Orellio said:

Don't be harsh with the boy/girl!

Don't worry, friend. I'll wait with you for at least 13 hours! (Or more, if my game store screws up again)

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
HAILGABETHEKINGOFTHETROLLS.jpg

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Oh, I got a Valve Complete pack too since I now have all the Counter Strike games I refused to buy for years. No gift copies though.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
heyf00L said:
So midnight launch for Golden Potato people.

50% decrypted, with a little elbow grease it might just be open before 12:00am.

Honestly with all the cries of "valve time" and "unlocking, that's another 2 hours" this seems to be pretty smooth thus far.

Salsa

HALF LIFE COMPLETE PACK FOR THE GOLDEN POTATO ?

YOU FUCKIN KIDDING ME ?

I ALREADY OWNED IT ALL

AND I CANT GIFT THE EXTRA COPIES

UGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ultron87 said:
How does anyone that is dedicated enough to get a Golden Potato not already have almost every game in the Valve Complete pack?
Exactly. Valve only goes for the easy goodwill gestures.

Houston3000 said:
So what was the point of the ARG? What did it accomplish?

Lots of Steam dollars.

KScorp

I can confirm that I have the complete pack as well. I can't gift them as far as I can tell. (I can't gift "extra copies" either.) Which is understandable.

Lasthope106 said:
My friend is reporting he got the Valve Complete Pack!

If this is true - this gentleman takes the opportunity to formally request "dibs" on at least one game to be gifted out.

In the meantime, I'm grabbing a smoothie, as my peasant 2 potato status probably indicates that I won't get access for at least some more time.

Sibylus

Banned
Well, the only way to cap off this bizarre day is to listen to Final Countdown until I'm able to play. Midway through the 4th play, let's see how many it takes!

Oreoleo

Juan29.zapata said:
Don't be harsh with the boy/girl!

Don't worry, friend. I'll wait with you for at least 13 hours! (Or more, if my game store screws up again)

Hah, don't worry, just a little joke amongst TF2 comrades :)

Baha said:
It really sucks though because the only games I didn't own from the valve pack were Day of Defeat, Day of Defeat Source & TFC.

Same. I think the only Valve game I don't have is Counter Strike Condition Zero.

SalsaShark said:

YOU FUCKIN KIDDING ME ?

I ALREADY OWNED IT ALL

You can't gift? That sounds weird...

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Houston3000 said:
So what was the point of the ARG? What did it accomplish?

Giving people something to do while they wait for Portal 2 (which has been the point of every ARG ever). Getting people to play indie games.

This thread is moving a mile a minute, I'm curious what happened at the end of the ARG

It's not over, so we don't know.

clav

SalsaShark said:

YOU FUCKIN KIDDING ME ?

I ALREADY OWNED IT ALL

Gabe: *laughs*

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The ARG was for fun and a sense of a community. It got people to work together towards a common goal. At the end of the day the game gets released early and people are complaining like Valve took their first son or something.

I have to go admit that no giftable copies is wack a hell though lol

ultron87

Honestly, I'm pretty sure you could've accidentally tripped in the vicinity of Steam over the last few years, and gotten half the Valve Complete pack for your trouble.

Drkirby said:
Wow, you must be pretty bitter Evilore with that title change.

BS, but what can you actually do. Lets see if the game will come out at Midnight or not.

It's better to make a title change like that than to pull out the laundry list of users who are officially eating crow for being Valve apologists.

That said, the game's on its way to release for the Master Race. Have a good gaming session, everyone.

MThanded said:
The ARG was for fun and a sense of a community. It got people to work together towards a common goal. At the end of the day the game gets released early and people are complaining like Valve took their first son or something.

I have to go admit that no giftable copies is wack a hell though lol

That post certainly reads like someone who hasn't been paying attention to the breakdown of how this 'goal' was simply manipulated and pointless.

Joe Molotov

Baha said:
Oh hey...I got the valve pack...and no giftable copies. Just bloody perfect.

So the grand prize is something that most people who got it already had? It's like the epic troll cherry on top of a big slab of troll.

Top Bottom