• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
im gunna take an extra bathroom break before anything starts loading....

im unloading before the loading....

teehee.

Jabronie

Neo Member
v4WGT.png

and here we go...

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think this was a successful ARG and pretty cool social experiment.

Haters gonna hate. Then they will love portal 2 and all will be forgotten.

Lucario

Welp, I'm one of the 97. This is decrypting quite slowly.

EDIT: It DID give me valve complete. The only games marked as giftable are HL2E1 and HL2E2.

cnizzle06

Banned
Bye guys :( I'm going to buy the PS3 version so I can have both, but I'm glad I could help a bit.

...Unless someone made a gross error and inexplicably purchased an extra copy..

Twig

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
And people were saying it was an awesome marketing campaing and that it didn't matter you had to throw money at Valve to increase the counter because we would get the game early. ;)
Literally no one said that. But I'm not sure, maybe you know that, what with the smiley. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're joking!

Campster

Do you like my tight white sweater? STOP STARING
Orellio said:
This has been one of the best threads I've experienced in my tenure on GAF. Excitement, anticipation, betrayal; it's been one hell of a ride :D

Yeah, this has been crazier even than console launch threads which have notorious ups and downs of excitement, boredom, ecstasy, and soul-crushing disappointment and frustration.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
JaseC said:
HmIGw.jpg

Didn't friend Firehead or dinosaur, nor am I friends with any "infected". Must be Golden Potato people.

I always wondered why people just didn't hack into the download to play it before the due date.

Now I know!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
duderon said:
For what it's worth I thought this was a pretty positive experiment. Valve got tens of thousands of people to work together towards a common goal over four days. It's fucking cheesy, but it was all about the journey and not the destination.
That's the problem.

Next time they try this, nobody's going on the journey because the destination fuckin sucked.

Twig

Banned
Htown said:
That's the problem.

Next time they try this, nobody's going on the journey because the destination fuckin sucked.
I will bet you actual money that you're dead wrong, and if they do another ARG, it will be just as, if not more popular.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And it's done.

See you guys in the OT!

Edit: Wait, 80%. The decrypting window just closed itself. DNKADIOADOUI%R%FS

traveler

Not Wario
Htown said:
That's the problem.

Most people loved the ARG until they actually started expecting the Friday release. Just enjoy the next one for its positive aspects and the moment a treadmill shows up, ignore and get the game at its normal expected time. All the gain and no pain.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
People who had all 36 potatoes on Steam just got the Valve Complete Pack for free, and Portal 2 unlocked a bit early.

Oreoleo

Baha said:
Oh hey...I got the valve pack...and no giftable copies. Just bloody perfect.

Can't say it's unexpected really.

ultron87 said:
How does anyone that is dedicated enough to get a Golden Potato not already have almost every game in the Valve Complete pack?

That's the "problem." They do.

Htown said:
That's the problem.

Yeaahhhhh no. I hated the end but fuck it was fun to bitch on GAF.

A+++ will play Valve's shitty ARG shenanigans again

Top Bottom