• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valve's fake, rigged, waste of time Progress Quest troll Portal 2 ARG

even with the potato guide, I've got to learn how to play all these damn games to an acceptable level and clear the content in the next 24 hours or so. it just so happens that the three games I owned contained the easiest to obtain potatoes.

challengeaccepted.jpg

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
dangerbyrnes said:
what is this wonderful end of the world, and why are so many people playing it?
Katarmari bootleg, that needs less people than the other games to increase its Current CPU meter.

celebi23

I got the first potato for bit.trip beat. MY EYES. THEY BURN. So, does anyone know how to get the potato in the <Test> level?

Edit: Nevermind. That <Test> level was pretty easy.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
XeroSauce said:
The trader is on the ground floor, she's the only NPC you see in the map.

Yah when I was doing it I was doing it solo, not the host/listen mentioned above, might be the reason I wasnt seeing anything

Red

Three potatoes down, I think that's all I'm in for. Wish I had more time for the rest. Is there any option to disable head bobbing in Amnesia? I tried playing Justine and it's making me nauseous.

So here is something I am theorizing. When the bar for TWEOTW gets filled completely we will get some sort of "bonus" percentage tacked onto the main bar. Once that happens I think that another game will be "designated" by Valve for completion and that bar will start to fill faster. Basically I think Valve is encouraging people to gather around one game at a time.

But, like I said, just a theory on my part.

Lasthope106 said:
I got a solution. How about all of us posting, browsing and lurking on GAF go and start playing the games?
Most of us have stuff running in the background. Now that I think about it, there isn't really any incentive to do anything if you already own at least one game, this whole thing is so pointless.

Twig

Banned
Zomba13 said:
Same. It seems the most bitter ones are the ones who don't own a potato sack game/have no potatoes/haven't done anything to help the ARG progress, while the ARG players, potato holders and others seem fine with this.
It's true. What a bunch of bitter manbabies. :3

*lords over the manbabies with his golden tater unf unf*

amrod

since http://thedark12.com/potato/ is down... here is a screenshot of it

10gzk8y.jpg

20fcazc.jpg

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Yeah, wonderful end of the world is one of the games I don't own, or I'd jump on as well. I've just been kinda rotating SMB, Bit.Trip and Cogs for the past five hours.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
I really enjoy seeing all of these projections that assume a flat rate of progression based on the first 4.5 hours of data. 48 hours of weekend ahead of us, folks. The rate of progression is bound to increase.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
anachronous_one said:
I really enjoy seeing all of these projections that assume a flat rate of progression based on the first 4.5 hours of data. 48 hours of weekend ahead of us, folks. The rate of progression is bound to increase.
Or decrease as the people who jumped on at the start get sick of it.

Jackl

All I can say is I hope something magical happens and it becomes unlocked before Saturday night. Because I can't play Sunday and I've got an Amazon order set to fire up on Monday. I just wait out the shipping at that point.

If Valve really wants(Clarification:Most of) my money, I'm sure they can Enron the numbers a little bit.

Baha

The_Technomancer said:
Yeah, wonderful end of the world is one of the games I don't own, or I'd jump on as well. I've just been kinda rotating SMB, Bit.Trip and Cogs for the past five hours.

It's actually a pretty decent Katamari clone minus some of the power-ups you'd expect from the series. I also got the main menu music stuck in my head now.

stuminus3

Atomski said:
Now only if all those weird people playing CS and CS:Source would stop and play these indie games...
If all the CS addicts would stop and do anything else it'd pretty much be the solution to the world's problems.

Welp, I've had Audiosurf idling in the background for the past 2 hours or so as I took a nap, but until the wiki is back up, I don't know if that's really contributing anything or not, and I don't have the Wonderful End of the World to chip in there.

If more information rises, I'll do whatever I can, but for now, switching back to the Mac side of my partitioned MBP. (Sadly, don't have any of the Potato Sack games that are steamplay enabled, unless someone is a kind soul and wants to fix that?)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea what is happening here, but I really like the Portal level on Bit.trip BEAT!

scogoth

anachronous_one said:

Well the first 4.5 hours is all we have data on. Predictions will get better as the weekend goes by.

Jubbly

When you consider that only 28,000 people have joined the potato Steam group (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nelipot), out of the 30 million+ Steam accounts, it reinforces how niche this entire ARG has been. If the new challenge were broadcast by Valve on the Steam news pages and such I'm sure this would be going far faster.

Salsa

so if i leave a game open while i head out it'll make any progress ? or is it confirmed that you have to be actually playing the game ?

We need more people on GAF Killing Floor server. If some of you fellas want to play come to 173.255.192.129:7707 or look for GAF Killing Floor on the servers.

Password? I believe you will know.

Edit: Where did you go Fox? =(

blamite

I spend two days trying to get the second Audiosurf tater, than get it on my first try today. TWICE.

The important thing is I have it... Now to wait, and idle/play in whatever game needs it.

Cranzor

XeroSauce said:
Do you have at least one of the Potato Sack games?

Sadly no, my computer is garbage and can't run any of them. I was just about to buy Bit Trip Beat but I can't run that either... Thanks for answering though.

Top Bottom