• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Variety: Ben Affleck steps down as director of 'The Batman'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geezuz lol..no damn faith, huh?

Faith died when trump was elected bro

Really tho I like the DC characters a lot (more than most of the marvel roster). But that can only go so far. BvS was pretty decent I thought but snyder has a lot of room for improvement. Like a football stadium sized room.

And now the batgod. The one future movie I pinned my hope on for cinematic universe comic movies has its director bail. Shut it down. Have Zack Snyder film a new scene for justice league where superman punches God and ends the universe or some shit.

Done with DCCU. Start pouring more resources into the TV universe, because it's actually good/worth a damn.

Definitely. I've tried to support it, and still will (DCCU) but like the 8 ball says, "Outlook Not So Good".

They should have gone all in on the Del Toro Justice League Dark (with Perlman as Swamp Thing).

Goddamn it....oh well.

U5UR4zr.gif

Isn't it really two. They never announced a director for Flash before the latest one dropped out. It was reported someone was attached (the one that was working on a script from the treatment Lord and Miller did) but we'll never know how true it was because there was never an official statement of him directing and then not directing. So I count two. Flash's director and Ben taking a step down after trying to do it all on not just one film but two back to back and it likely getting to him in addition to his marriage issues.

Seth Grahame-Smith was absolutely attached to direct the Flash. Warner Bros doesn't release press releases until production starts. For example, Patty Jenkins confirmed to direct Wonder Woman in April 2015. WB doesn't release a press release until November, when production started.

Flash has lost two directors. You can speculate that the reasons behind those departures aren't a problem, but let's not act like it didn't happen. Honestly if you want to do that, Flash has never had a director at all.

Kibbles

Maybe Live by Night reviews got to him in regards to being able to perform his best and direct. I respect his choice given that reasoning in the OP, hopefully they get a top of the line director in that case.

Beckinsale or Eva Green as catwoman and Chastain as ivy would be amazing tbh (imagine the suits too 👀)

Not a fan of this rumor that Ayer wants to cast ivy young. It would be cool if batmans female villains were in his age bracket

>:)

Am I insane for wanting a completely unknown director to helm this now? They already set the bar so damn low only Ant-Man can limbo through it, so why surprise the hell outta us WB?

A man who wasn't a director in the first place can't drop out of being a director.

But apparently he can be hired as one.

Beckinsale or Eva Green as catwoman and Chastain as ivy would be amazing tbh (imagine the suits too 👀)

Not a fan of this rumor that Ayer wants to cast ivy young. It would be cool if batmans female villains were in his age bracket

I highkey expect Ayer to cast a Black actress as Ivy and make her smoke weed.

suaveric

If he left Deadpool 2 because of creative differences do you really thing he'd have a better time at DC?

It could be hard, but supposedly the reason for the creative differences was that Miller wanted the movie to be even bigger than the first in scope. I'm assuming that Batman would have a pretty large scope. Plus maybe he'd like to stick it to his old Deadpool buddies. If I'm Afleck, that's one of the first calls I'd make.

LosDaddie

Banned
😂😂
WB already taking a massive L to start the year. This is what happens when you purposefully go the opposite direction that your rival Marvel is going.

Most people knew the DCEU was on shaky ground with how BvS performed. The first movie with DC's Trinity and it fails to reach $1B? People needed to get fired right then. Snyder should've already been fired for completely botching Batman....making him a murderer. The marketing team should've been fired for plastering Wonder Woman all over the marketing material (bluray case, etc) when she was nothing more than a glorified cameo.

And now Affleck is off directing duties? That has to hurt. At least we're still getting a WW and JL movie.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
WTF Warner??? They must hate directors or what. Will Aquaman still have a director when it starts filming?

Gonna take a wait and see approach. Basically gonna wait for the darn film to come out so I can watch and make a judgement on it. Seems to early to bury it right now. He did a good job as Batman

tumblr_o4jtklovUq1uvcgjlo2_500.gif

affleck like

y'know If LEGO Batman is a home run like it looks like, me doth think its time to nab up Chris Mckay for the job

and holy shit at the image above, dark as fuck goddamn aha

What is it? Somebody tell me?!

it was somebody slapping the Ben Affleck/Chris Evans meme on a picture of that Russian ambassador getting assassinated from a few months ago. Yeah.

I want people to be honest with me, the only reason you are suggesting Chastain for Ivy is because she's a red head, isnt it?

Chumley

Banned
it was somebody slapping the Ben Affleck/Chris Evans meme on a picture of that Russian ambassador getting assassinated from a few months ago. Yeah.

I want people to be honest with me, the only reason you are suggesting Chastain for Ivy is because she's a red head, isnt it?

She's a good actress and hot as fuck. Has the look down completely even aside from the hair.

LifEndz

Damn, him directing it was what had me hyped for it. Maybe bring in Mel Gibson? Let's shake some shit up!
joking....but not really joking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom