• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep Season 2 - Armando Iannuci/Julia Louis Dreyfus - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

I swear to christ this is a perfect season of comedy. Just brilliant stuff.

"Got it tattooed on my dick with room to spare"

Great episode, I literally was dying at every single line Jonah had this episode. And Gary and Selina at the party, holy shit lol

Sai-kun

Banned
Ed eviscerating Jonah had me almost crying. That was fucking fantastic. And Amy has the best facial expressiveness of anyone in the show. I love her <3

edit: I thought Dan and Jonah fistbumping was hilarious, too, for some reason. Unexpected friendship!

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I'm watching it again and there's a scene, when they cut to Catherine's party for the first time, where you see Mike smelling one of the fake flowers on the cake. I'm dying here.

Fantastic ep. I think last week's was slightly better, but they were both awesome.

For some reason, "You can make your wish in the car," made me laugh more than any other line. Okay, maybe not quite as much as Mike's creepy cake lines.

Also, 'twas nice to see a couple of In The Loop folks.

lol Jonah is unreal

tumblr_mn0ejtl9Ny1s7gnr1o1_400.gif

Screen-Shot-2013-05-20-at-10.41.36-AM-e1369060765549.png

JDSN

Banned
Two In The loop cameos in the last episode. Have they commented on Malcom showing up in the future? That would be amazing.

Edit: Mike at the end was fucking disturbing, in a Silence of the Lambs kinda way.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Two In The loop cameos in the last episode. Have they commented on Malcom showing up in the future? That would be amazing.

And David Rasche showed up in the song episode.

Aki Kaurismäki makes these really offbeat deadpan movies with pretty depressing premises. They are funny, but definitely an acquired taste. Here's an example with subtitles.

And it's probably something a finnish politician would say, seeing how Kaurismäki is probably the most well known (or at least most respected) finnish director internationally.

I got to get my dad to watch this show, he's a big fan of Sledgehammer and the Leningrad Cowboys. David Rasche shows up, then Aki kaurismaki gets mentioned.

JLD wasn't hot in Seinfeld, probably due to the fashions. Was hot in AD and is even hotter now.

And Anna Chlumsky is just stunning (Jonah was lowballing calling her an 8)

Ceebs

God I need to catch back up with this show.

Missed the last few weeks because I have had stupid early Monday mornings and have not sat down to clear the DVR

I was so happy when Selina said "I don't eat pizza often but when I do it makes me so fucking happy" because that's what I'm eating right now. And they referenced AD. This episode is hilarious: Go, period, Fuck, period, Yourself, exclamation point!
There's already a GIF:
d7V0RTM.gif

Ekdrm2d1

Good stuff.

I think I remember hearing that pizza came from china too :lol

Edit: What was in the trash!? Condom from Selina's sex with her boyfriend.

Sai-kun

Banned
I was so happy when Selina said "I don't eat pizza often but when I do it makes me so fucking happy" because that's what I'm eating right now. And they referenced AD. This episode is hilarious: Go, period, Fuck, period, Yourself, exclamation point!
There's already a GIF:
d7V0RTM.gif

I must have missed the bolded? Great GIF though :lol

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Selina asking Mike to do more than one thing... I love stuff like that.

"I love that kind of misogyny...

It's the best kind"

"Bunch of nerds who work in a warehouse"

- LA Times: 'Veep's' Matt Walsh on how his Mike epitomizes U.S. government (vid interview)
Is it possible to sell a boat on EBay? Why would anyone in their right mind want to work on Capitol Hill? And might this stellar second season of "Veep" end with a cliffhanger?

We kicked around these and many other topics with Matt Walsh, who plays Mike McLintock, the always-embattled communications director for Julia Louis-Dreyfus' vice president on the Emmy-nominated HBO comedy. Walsh also talked improv acting and even demonstrated the art at one point in the interview when his dog's barking became a distraction. Pull up a chair and take a listen, won't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom