• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep Season 2 - Armando Iannuci/Julia Louis Dreyfus - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It really says something about the quality of this show that I'm looking forward to this way more than Mad Men or Game of Thrones tonite.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
LOVED the metldowns back at DC, but thought the interactions in Finland were kinda meh.

Jonah/Mike is an amazing combo.

Also, 3DS XL and Angry Birds in the same ep.

Khaleesi of DC

I love the GoT references

I totally missed that. So much dialog I don't even notice until the second or third viewing.

LOVED the metldowns back at DC, but thought the interactions in Finland were kinda meh.

Jonah/Mike is an amazing combo.

Also, 3DS XL and Angry Birds in the same ep.

I totally missed that. So much dialog I don't even notice until the second or third viewing.

You didn't like the tit rape?

Foley really grabbed that shit

addik

That episode was the shit. I love how they make Selina succeed and fail at the same time. I wonder how that new intel is going to play in the season + Dan's perjury (but that's out of the window now right?)

Next episode spoiler
Is that Selina's ex-husband eating with her and her daughter?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
the angry birds clock in that big ass display case was killing me. a great gag piece that worked. this show can do a lot of things really well.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
For those unaware: the developers of Angry Birds are Finnish. Still a weird gift tho. :p

TTG

Does the British journalist have a real counterpart that's famous or something? That name meant nothing to me.

Also, Mike selling out Selina like that to Kent, shame!

Sai-kun

Banned
God, this episode was just fucking awesome. What the hell, this show is so good. Khaleesi of DC had me in stitches, especially since I had just watched GoT for the night.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Does the British journalist have a real counterpart that's famous or something? That name meant nothing to me.

Also, Mike selling out Selina like that to Kent, shame!

That was the point, he was a nobody, so them giving him credit as a journalist and giving him the "I stand with the president" line was basically for nothing and did more harm than good.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Great stuff this week. So many funny lines:

"Some people are calling you the Europhobic Khaleesi from DC."

~

"This fish is delicious. What is this fish?"

"It is chicken."

"In America we actually call fish chicken of the sea."

~

"What about the grope? I mean, c'mon, that is an attack on America. Alright? That's like a sexual 9/11 in my opinion. You know? Or a sexual Cuban Missile Crisis at the least."

xbhaskarx

For those unaware: the developers of Angry Birds are Finnish. Still a weird gift tho. :p
I was aware, because I watch the show "Veep"
and the woman playing the Finnish PM mentioned it on the show. I mean, I already knew, but even if I didn't, tonight's episode clearly stated that was the case.

Jonah has to be a gaffer.

He went on a date last season so that eliminates a good chunk of GAF.

Uncle

Those outside shots were actually from Helsinki, and the inside shots seemed pretty accurate too. And the english -> finnish jokes were accurate as well (even if the accents were almost impossible to understand). Pretty impressive. Also "The finns are famous for their sense of humour. Do you know the work of Aki Kaurismäki?" fucking slayed me.

It was driving me crazy who the Finnish Prime Minister was and then I realized it's the girl who worked at the Linton Travel Tavern that Alan Partridge used to live at.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This show is pure quality right now, I hope more people give it a chance. Do we know how are the ratings for this season?

Great stuff this week. So many funny lines:

"Some people are calling you the Europhobic Khaleesi from DC."
I loved that line. Selina was hilarious with the Angry Birds clocks, the “Don’t give me that Quaker-in-a-tittie-bar look” and when she says “Don’t attempt to make any jokes. Because with your face, when you attempt to be charming, it really does come off as evil.”

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Aki Kaurismäki makes these really offbeat deadpan movies with pretty depressing premises. They are funny, but definitely an acquired taste. Here's an example with subtitles.

And it's probably something a finnish politician would say, seeing how Kaurismäki is probably the most well known (or at least most respected) finnish director internationally.
That wasn't bad. I did get a few laughs.

“Don’t attempt to make any jokes. Because with your face, when you attempt to be charming, it really does come off as evil.”
It's funny 'cus it's true.

Bladenic

Scene with Julia-Louis on the bed, smoking a cigarette and adjusting her dress... boners were had.

She looked so hot smoking. I know smoking is terrible and when I see a girl smoking irl it's kind of a turnoff but on TV it's almost always sexy.

Uncle

That wasn't bad. I did get a few laughs.

I didn't mean to say it's bad, I just think that most people wouldn't find his movies funny (and many probably would have trouble even sitting through them). So saying that hey we are funny, here's the proof and then showing someone Kaurismäki films is funny to me. Kinda like saying "Americans are really funny. Have you seen the episode of Louie where Doug Stanhope is going to kill himself?"

Edit:
And of course i've had the pleasure of watching one of his films with a few exchange students once. "Is there going to be any dialogue, or is this like, a mute film, or something?" :lol

Empty

i'm rewatching the episode. it's so good, it's so fast you need to do it twice to pick up on everything. i like that the bag and the 3ds made re-appearances.

She looked so hot smoking. I know smoking is terrible and when I see a girl smoking irl it's kind of a turnoff but on TV it's almost always sexy.

haha, yes. mad men in particular pretty much reversed my position on the attractiveness of smoking.

and yes i realize that for a show in part about advertising cigarettes making them look great is probably part of the point but everyone on the show looks so fucking good doing it.

JDSN

Banned
Mike was such a piece of shit for talking aout the sexual assault, but in Veep's absurd world it could actually work.

Hey, Karen for In The loop is gonna show up next week!

Edit:
“No, POTUS wouldn’t have the balls to grope me.”
tumblr_mmjw3iVKnL1s7gnr1o1_400-1.gif

Yes!

scosher

I looove this show. Season 1 was good, but Season 2 is hitting on all cylinders.

"He even looks like a Disney villain!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom