• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Veep Season 2 - Armando Iannuci/Julia Louis Dreyfus - Sundays on HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soule

Just caught this episode, feels like Veep just keeps getting better and better had many laugh out loud moments this ep.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
tumblr_mmr4k6wrc41s7gnr1o1_400.gif

Cohsae

Prime Minister's husband was so hilariously creepy.
"I love fish. Some men do not like the taste...I do"

Also, the scene with Selina meeting the PM of Finland was amazing. I wouldn't even know where to start with how great that whole bit was.

The "When you take a shit, it's probably an actual number 2" line made me want to see Iannucci's diary or whatever. Such an incredible gag, exclusively centered around a specific character, how great must it feel to come up with something like that?

So fucking genius.

Greg

The "When you take a shit, it's probably an actual number 2" line made me want to see Iannucci's diary or whatever. Such an incredible gag, exclusively centered around a specific character, how great must it feel to come up with something like that?

So fucking genius.
I usually chuckle throughout the show, but that was one of those rare laugh out loud moments for me. So good.

kingocfs

Prime Minister's husband was so hilariously creepy.
"I love fish. Some men do not like the taste...I do"

This line hit me when I watched it a second time. The timing on this show is perfect.

These episodes demand to be watched at least 2-3 times each.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
ohohoh, this is going to end up well tonite. especially the 2nd descriptor.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The dinner scene and onwards was absolutely hilarious. The final scene with Mike asking about the cake off camera after that long shot of a distraught Catherine made me laugh real hard. Brilliant timing.

Mashing

I think this was the best episode yet. I literally could not stop laughing once the birthday party started until the end the episode. So good.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
jesus fuck this episode was good. i could hardly breathe towards the end there. my lungs hurt.
KuGsj.gif

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I think this was the best episode yet. I literally could not stop laughing once the birthday party started until the end the episode. So good.

Yeah, completely agree. Just a ridiculous amount of great exchanges. No-Job Jonah is amazing. My favorite line though was "It's like a belly dancer with a hammer." But the Quaker dude going in on Jonah was also amazing. Actually, there's too many to choose from. Laughed my ass off this episode.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Love how Dan high fived Jonah just because of his dig at Ed. It's hilarious to see how much they ignore him now, contrasting with season 1 where they all put up with him because they thought they had to.

That ending was amazing too, Mike :lol

addik

Holy shit at this episode. They're just outdoing themselves each week. Even if the preview had a huge spoiler on Selena's ex-husband returning, I didn't expect the other story arcs to happen this episode.

Jonah was completely useless this episode but he had the best lines. I wouldn't mind an entire episode with Jonah just being useless and fucking everything up. I loved how Dan just seemed to crash this episode and was pretty much with Jonah the entire night.

Holy shit at Gary saying he wanted to kiss Selena.

I have been rewatching AD, and just got to rewatch the episode where JLD guest-stars as a lawyer. I was laughing so bad at the time when Buster approached JLD's character there. It was like a prelude to Veep.

People are calling me horrible in twitter because I am actually more excited about the next episode of VEEP than S4 of Arrested Development

Other than that, this year's Emmys should be really epic. The final season of 30 Rock vs Veep S2 being better than I imagined it to be vs the return of AD. Shit's gonna hit the ceiling if the academy gives the award to Modern Family again.

Empty

amazing episode. the trying to do politics at the party and the dinner with the tweeting were such good setups. dat chris morris direction.

lmao at jonah hitting on random people at the party then selina and getting killed by amy's date.

only three episodes left ;_;

Peru

Thought the party was the climax and then the dinner scene happened. Ahaha. Always gold when the daughter is involved as well. Dan briefly buddying it up with Jonah. "Room to spare"

TTG

Mike was amazing at the end there, "I can use my phone to cut it". Perfect.

Also, someone screen cap Amy's face as she's staring Gary down after that kissing comment.

Also, someone screen cap Amy's face as she's staring Gary down after that kissing comment.

Here's something better, a gif from HBO:
syDQIpW.gif

And here are some of Jonah's pick-up lines courtesy of that AV Review:
“You look like a piece of art…. Compared to you, that Monet [points]… a piece of shit.” Also: “You look like a piece of art. I know I’d like to nail you up against the wall.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom