• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 5 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Come get a rusty venture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Could you elaborate? I was about to purchase them but don't want to spend money on a bad product.

Amazon doesn't show any reviews indicating issues.

It's not that the DVD's are bad, they were just really expensive and released into two parts.

B33

Banned
It's not that the DVD's are bad, they were just really expensive and released into two parts.

To expand on this, each are priced at $19.99. Although you can find them marked down to $16.99 each on Amazon. Alternatively, the Blu-ray is $39.99 and marked down to $32.69.

In all fairness, both volumes were marked down $10.00 from the standard retail price of $29.99 for Seasons 1, 2, and 3.

The DVD was split in to two volumes due to the production gap that gave the show's creators a respite, and was meant to prevent the season from being delayed several months.

Ya know, I always forget about Amazon and iTunes. Thanks! I'll check VOD too. I have all the other seasons on DVD / Blu-Ray, as any self-respecting Venture fan should!

Not a problem!

Musolf815

Could you elaborate? I was about to purchase them but don't want to spend money on a bad product.

Amazon doesn't show any reviews indicating issues.

The problem I had is that both had basically the same art; a shirtless guy's chest for the inner art, a badge for the disc, and a speedsuit for the cover. The only difference was 4 pt. 2 had blood and wear and tear, everything else down to the fonts was the same (Though the little adverts were different in each box). It felt kinda half assed compared to the other DVD sets, which had REALLY cool art. The video quality is fine, and the commentary is as amazing as always (giving a few hints in S4 Vol. 2 for where Season 5 will go), and the extras are a bit sparse but fun.

bndadm

Thanks everyone for the responses on the volume 4 DVD's.

And yes the price for the Blu-Ray is outrageous.

Season 3 just arrived and this interior box art with the live actors playing Atari is just sublime.

Musolf815

Someone found the titles and descriptions for some Season 5 episodes...these are likely spoilers, but I've read descriptions for upcoming episodes that had NOTHING to do with the actual episode. SO POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING:

What Color is Your Cleansuit? - Dr. Venture hires college interns to help with his new project; Dean finds love; class warfare threatens the compound.

Venture Libre - When an old invention develops a mind of its own, Manhowers sends it to Central America; the Ventures must survive the jungle.

Sphinx Rising - Henchman 21's command rubs the O.S.I. the wrong way; the Monarch tries to ingratiate himself with Dr. Venture.

Spanakopita - During Dr. Venture's annual trip to Spanikos, a dark secret from his past threatens the vacation!

O.S.I. Love You - Brock and the O.S.I. come under fire; high-value, super-criminal prisoners escape.

tkscz

Someone found the titles and descriptions for some Season 5 episodes...these are likely spoilers, but I've read descriptions for upcoming episodes that had NOTHING to do with the actual episode. SO POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING:

What Color is Your Cleansuit? - Dr. Venture hires college interns to help with his new project; Dean finds love; class warfare threatens the compound.

Venture Libre - When an old invention develops a mind of its own, Manhowers sends it to Central America; the Ventures must survive the jungle.

Sphinx Rising - Henchman 21's command rubs the O.S.I. the wrong way; the Monarch tries to ingratiate himself with Dr. Venture.

Spanakopita - During Dr. Venture's annual trip to Spanikos, a dark secret from his past threatens the vacation!

O.S.I. Love You - Brock and the O.S.I. come under fire; high-value, super-criminal prisoners escape.

Those are so vague that I would barely consider them spoilers. Of course that's just me.

B33

Banned
Yeah, same here, but I don't want to upset someone who wants to watch the new season completely blind.

I can affirm that
the synopsis for the first episode is accurate

You're right. I think it's better to err on the side of caution. Some folks would rather go into an episode, unaware of its premise.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just finished watching all 4 seasons and the Season 5 preview. Saying that I'm excited for tomorrow is an extreme understatement.

Wow, that's awesome! I watched Operation P.R.O.M. this morning and am mostly feeling good to go. Very Venture Halloween tomorrow, likely. Anyone going to watch the new episode live? Would be fun to all post during it!

Wow, that's awesome! I watched Operation P.R.O.M. this morning and am mostly feeling good to go. Very Venture Halloween tomorrow, likely. Anyone going to watch the new episode live? Would be fun to all post during it!

:/ I think I'm going to be busy. I don't like missing pinball night so I'll put it on the dvr.

I think I'm going to watch season 4 tonight, but probably with the commentaries on. They are usually as funny as the show. It's great how they have basically created whole plot lines and characters during them.

After two and a half years, we're finally down to less than 24 hours until new Venture Bros.!

To Doc & Jackson's credit we have gotten some VB stuff peppered out in those nearly 3 years like the Shallow Gravy and the Halloween special so it hasn't been all bad.

Acid08

Banned
ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
oh lord, I thought they said they were done with the Star Wars references (not that I'm complaining) LOL

Link

The Autumn Wind
I wish they would have shown the Halloween special too the other night, considering that bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom