• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 5 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Come get a rusty venture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I laughed quite a few times during the premiere. Can't remember the last time I laughed that much at a Venture Bros. Episode. It was good stuff.

bndadm

Holy balls that was magical.

Rusty as ignorant and dimwitted as always.

White digging into Rusty asleep playing Oregon Trail. "What'd you nod off after Murder She Wrote?" "His "air quotes" Jessica".

What a great episode. And setting up some great threads ahead. New Dean!

Tokubetsu

Really great having Venture Bros. back. Still weird that I started watching this thing in high school...and I'm 24 now. Love the new Dead, episode felt way more special than I expected it to be. I don't remember feeling like this at the start of season four.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
man. that house tom stuff was a bit awkward. but this is knocking it out of the park so far

I really like how they write the Monarch and Dr. Girlfriend. So many writers would have them fall on one end (bickering and insulting each other all the time), or the opposite (head-over-heels in love). They manage to have some fun bickering, but at the same time have some scenes that show them as a great couple.

St. Clouds house looks like Jabbas palace.
Hey, he paid a lot of money for that!
I really should edit my last post to put this info in but this definitely deserves it's own post.

AS put the entire episode up on youtube. Get it before it's gone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug3NUpBmw_g
I'm going to throw that into the OP!

ALSO!

SHIRT CLUB UPDATES!

Subscriber Shirt
9V1SI2v.jpg

SHIRT 1
cRAKLjA.jpg

Palaemon Project

SHIRT 2
UA5R4Z0.jpg

HankCo

Buy them here: http://www.titmousestuff.com/collections/venture-bros-2013-shirt-club

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Holy shit that premiere was incredible. One of my favorite episodes of the entire series I think. St. Cloud is such an excellent character, I really hope we see more of him. Just in general if this season focuses more on Billy I'll be happy

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Holy shit that premiere was incredible. One of my favorite episodes of the entire series I think. St. Cloud is such an excellent character, I really hope we see more of him. Just in general if this season focuses more on Billy I'll be happy

The funny thing is he is not a new character, been watching some Season One episodes and he was there with a speaking role in "Tag Sale - You're It"

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
The funny thing is he is not a new character, been watching some Season One episodes and he was there with a speaking role in "Tag Sale - You're It"

He's also appeared in the background of a bunch of episodes throughout the later seasons.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

The way that St. Cloud insists on using his proper name as his villain name but still makes himself a really dumb looking helmet is the kind of genius I love this show for. It perfectly captures just how juvenile he is intellectually: he pulls from different things that he things are "awesome" (like being such a cool villain that you use your real name but also being such a cool villain that you have a costume) without regard for context, just like the structure of his collection and ultimately his obsessions in general.

Aaron

Haven't watched Venture Bros since season three, and I only half liked this episode. Monarch was good as always, the St. Cloud guy was cool and his rivalry with Quizboy, 21 / Dean / Hank were okay, but no Brock, the mutated tribe was just stupid, and I hate both Hatred and Dr. Venture... and the other Dr. Venture. They're such thin characters that do the same things over and over again. It's predictable and boring. Hatred blubbers, Rusty is cocky self-loathing, and his brother is pure smarmy. If other character in the series can change, why can't they?

Epcott

Episode was free on PSN in HD so I downloaded it.

Amazing episode, felt longer than 30 min. Such a long wait, I hope season 6 doesn't take forever when V eventually concludes. And wow, Titmouse did a good job taking over animation. The own Adult Swim (cool Dethklok poster in the boys room btw).

Link

The Autumn Wind
Episode was free on PSN in HD so I downloaded it.

Amazing episode, felt longer than 30 min. Such a long wait, I hope season 6 doesn't take forever when V eventually concludes. And wow, Titmouse did a good job taking over animation. The own Adult Swim (cool Dethklok poster in the boys room btw).
I should hope so, since it was an hour-long episode.

barrbarr

anyone else think that this episode doesn't only reference the Halloween episode; but will reference a few other episodes that we have yet to see. I can't wait to come back to this episode once the season is over and see what other Easter eggs they may have hidden in it.

bndadm

Eat the pennies.

Billy's VO work on that was really top-notch.

"No I'm not going to eat the pennies." I mean the line itself isn't funny, but the tone and way it was said was just...I don't know it stuck out to me as being great.

And I had not realized until now how much I'm beginning to simply not like Dr. Venture. It's one thing to try and fail repeatedly, but to not try at all on that antidote was really kind of dickish.

I have to re-watch Season 4 to see if that's been a trend for him and my constant re-watches of Seasons 1 and 2 have just colored my perceptions of him.

B.K.

And I had not realized until now how much I'm beginning to simply not like Dr. Venture. It's one thing to try and fail repeatedly, but to not try at all on that antidote was really kind of dickish.

Rusty IS a dick. He always has been.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yea, I am just going to point out that in Season 1 he made the Joycan powered by the heart of an orphan.

Haven't watched Venture Bros since season three, and I only half liked this episode. Monarch was good as always, the St. Cloud guy was cool and his rivalry with Quizboy, 21 / Dean / Hank were okay, but no Brock, the mutated tribe was just stupid, and I hate both Hatred and Dr. Venture... and the other Dr. Venture. They're such thin characters that do the same things over and over again. It's predictable and boring. Hatred blubbers, Rusty is cocky self-loathing, and his brother is pure smarmy. If other character in the series can change, why can't they?

Because all three of them already did change. Rusty changed from an idealistic boy genius into a broken, bitter shell of a man, Thaddeus Jr. changed from a psychotic murderer into a relatively chill (if arrogant) guy, and Hatred changed from a supervillain into a blubbering nanny.

Their character arcs are already kind of over, to a degree.

bndadm

Yea, I am just going to point out that in Season 1 he made the Joycan powered by the heart of an orphan.

Ah, yes he did. I glossed right over that. But that was backed up by the fact that he actually built something that worked. So, reprehensible? Yes. Furthering science...kind of.

This seemed more callous. Even worse then manipulating Sally Impossible with temptation of commitment.

Because all three of them already did change. Rusty changed from an idealistic boy genius into a broken, bitter shell of a man, Thaddeus Jr. changed from a psychotic murderer into a relatively chill (if arrogant) guy, and Hatred changed from a supervillain into a blubbering nanny.

Their character arcs are already kind of over, to a degree.

You mean Jonas Jr.

Tokubetsu

The fact that he and the Monarch are both in the wrong roles is one of those eternally fun things to play with

Yep. For all intents and purposes, Monarch is a better man. He cares about his gf, he cares about the people under him and wants to be the best he can be (whatever that is that episode). Even Dr. Girlfriend with her whole "You don't fire with fire, but with water" stuff kinda reflects that. If Dr. Venture actually started instigating, he'd totally be actually arching Monarch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom