• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 6 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Rusty takes Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

This episode was amazing.
Rusty is fucking pathetic
And I am amazed that Monarch would give up sex with his wife to do...well ARCHING stuff
21 and Monarch are the REAL Venture Bros.

Also, glad Hank is getting along nicely with his life.

Just watched it. Fantastic. Hank really got her interested in him like a boss. And the 4 different albinos line made me laugh.

and of course

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

DUDE

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

Musolf815

Really cool interview about the rest of the season:
http://www.tvinsider.com/article/77878/the-venture-bros-scoop-about-season-6-the-finale/

What can viewers expect going into the last two episodes of Season 6?
Publick: We’re especially proud of this [second to last episode of the season]. It actually should have been the season finale. We actually tried at the last minute to retcon that and the one that follows it to make it into the season finale because it felt just a little more epic and pretty and compelling than some of the other ones, but there were continuity issues we couldn’t get around.

Can we expect a big Venture Bros. style cliffhanger at the end of the season finale?
Publick: Absolutely not. It will be very disappointing as a finale. [Laughs] The same thing happened to us last season, actually. We didn’t have a big finish last season, because we shot ourselves in the foot. We basically ran out of episodes to get to the point of the story that we wanted to do a blowout ending for. So that’s why you ended up with the Gargantua special, the space special last season. That story would have been the hour-long or two-part finale of Season 5, but we hit our 10-episode mark before we got to it. So we did a special that bridged the two seasons. And the same thing is happening at this point.

The story we’re writing now would have been the season finale, but we didn’t get to it. We weren’t ready for it when it came time to write the last two scripts. And there was actually a little confusion for a while as to whether or not the Gargantua special counted against our 10-episode order, so we were writing like four different stories at the same time not knowing whether we had two scripts left or four. When it turned out we only had two, we were like, “Alright, I guess we should do our finale.” And then we thought, “No, we haven’t really earned it yet. We need to flesh out this Monarch arc a little more....” So we made a judgement call and wrote two other stories that we were very excited about.

somedevil

Read the article and it includes a clip of the monarch explaining how the Guild system was set up based on your number.

Plus there is a season 7 and they have two episodes written already that they couldn't fit in this season because they got confused like us on the episode count. So it looks like this season is going to end like last.

Read the article and it includes a clip of the monarch explaining how the Guild system was set up based on your number.

Plus there is a season 7 and they have two episodes written already that they couldn't fit in this season because they got confused like us on the episode count. So it looks like this season is going to end like last.
I mean fucking beautiful but at least they have inspiration to make a season 7.

B.K.

I hope Doc Hammer and Jason Publick get better at writing for a shorter season next time. They keep trying to write like they have 15 or 16 episodes and they keep running out of episodes.

somedevil

I mean fucking beautiful but at least they have inspiration to make a season 7.

Its a bit confusing but they wrote out some scripts and then realized they don't have episodes left and wanted to flesh out the story more. So they wrote these two episodes and they are now writing next season episode which they consider this seasons finally.

Thanks for posting! Little scary considering next season hasn't been confirmed yet. Hope this isn't a repeat of Metalocalypse.

Are you sure? To them it seems Season 7 is guaranteed.

Do you intend the story you’re writing now to be another between-seasons special, or would it be the premiere of the next season?
Publick: At the moment, it would be the premiere for the next season. But you never know with us. Just like the Gargantua special, once we actually produced it, we went, “Hey, it would be much better to just put this on TV now than wait until the rest of the season is done." It lent itself to being a special. This story we’re telling right now is not a special. Right, Doc?
Hammer: Yeah, the Gargantua one had such an epic scope, and it wasn't happening on the Venture Compound. It kind of worked as a special. But this is just the last part of the story. Although we were tinkering with putting it at a certain time that would make it a special. But uh….
Publick: [Laughs] Yeah, we recently abandoned the idea that it would be a Thanksgiving special.
Hammer: But that was more driven by how hot we were to include the Macy’s parade in New York.

Musolf815

I understand their confusion about episode counts as it was originally announced that the season 5 and 6 order was for two 10 episode seasons with a 60-90 minute special in the middle.

Are you sure? To them it seems Season 7 is guaranteed.
Pretty sure. I follow that type of news very closely; the last two seasons were greenlit together. AS sort of hinted at S7 in a bump during the premiere but that's been it as far as public-facing news goes. Of course they'd know better than I would, so here's hoping they're writing because they're definitely making more. You never know with AS though...

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Sounds like the Blue Morpho will extend beyond this season. While it sucks we wont get to see the end of it soon, I'm glad they decided not to rush it just to have it in this season.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I hope Doc Hammer and Jason Publick get better at writing for a shorter season next time. They keep trying to write like they have 15 or 16 episodes and they keep running out of episodes.
At this point, it works. In an ideal world they'd be pumping episodes out at this quality at a quicker pace, but we don't live in that world. If this is the necessary, albeit sometimes wacky, process that needs to exist to give me episodes, I can live with that.

Pretty sure. I follow that type of news very closely; the last two seasons were greenlit together. AS sort of hinted at S7 in a bump during the premiere but that's been it as far as public-facing news goes. Of course they'd know better than I would, so here's hoping they're writing because they're definitely making more. You never know with AS though...
I don't think S7 is publicly confirmed either, but that doesn't mean it hasn't been ordered, or that the contractual process isn't far enough along that they willing to write some stuff down even without signatures.

I can't say I'm too worried about it not getting at least one more season. It seems pretty safe.

Nether!

Very cool interview.
Also, it's the first time I've seen them address how much time has gone by in the show since it started.
Not that it's set in stone, but I think it's interesting that 3-4 years have gone by since the first episode.

Gambit61

Newest episode was great. Loved the DUUUUDE exchange near the end and Blue Morpho's accidental cool moment tied with Hank's "Fireworks"

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
FWIW, my DVR (w/ AT&T Uverse) isn't recognizing tonight or next week's episodes as new, so I had to go in and manually set it.

Zubz

Banned
So it's probably too late in the evening to matter, but there's a 20 second preview clip of tonight's episode on [adult swim]'s Facebook page.

It's of
the Washington DC field trip gone wrong that turned Gary into 21. Definitely seems like tonight's episode is going to dig up some lore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom