• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Venture Bros. Season 6 |OT| - Sundays @ 12 on Adult Swim - Rusty takes Manhattan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

This season is building up to be crazy banana balls.

I'd watch a whole show of Brock, 21, and Hatred just shooting the shit and killing dudes.

Epcott

Monarch's basement! Could lead to insight about his parents. Hope they finally get into the origin of that infamous photo of his parents with the Ventures.

Venture

Billy's completely realistic/impractical grapple hand was hilarious! I love that they just left it extended for the whole episode.

Sure seems that way.

Great episode, I especially loved the interplay between Gary and The Monarch...

"I'll pretend I can't find the towel and leave her caked in my sticky triumph for a while."
"I hate that you tell me this stuff."

AV Club: Big dreams and one bouncy red ball on The Venture Bros. - A-
One of the main reasons for The Venture Bros. continued success is the specificity of its references. While the show is willing to go for the obvious target when appropriate, Jackon Publick and Doc Hammer have a deep abiding love for a very specific brand of nerd culture—and I hesitate to even call it “nerd culture,” given how personal it seems to be. When St. Cloud monologue about how the red ball he stole from Billy Quizboy and Pete White basically helped create the present, the touchstones he references paint a certain picture. It’s not something everyone will directly relate to (confession: I really can’t stand John Hughes movies), but the passion that drives the writing, as self-aware and funny as it is, makes it universal. In an age where “geek” has come to be an increasingly generic term, there’s something refreshing about how little the show has changed its vision.

SHIRT CLUB!
$20 - http://www.titmousestuff.com/products/maybenogovbsc
MEN:
docSkz0.jpg

WOMEN:
fy7JwiK.jpg

Expert trolling, Doc and Jackson... it's KIM! Modeling a VB shirt!

Durden77

Awesome story building episode. Bully's grappling hand was just brilliant.

God dammit I wish I had the money to burn for that shirt subscription.

IGN: The good ship Venture goes on a Nantucket Sleigh Ride - 8.7
It's often been discussed how "failure" is the predominant theme of The Venture Bros. The show features a huge cast of characters who spoof all corners of pop culture, yet most of them are united by the fact that they're not very emotionally well-adjusted or very good at what they do. "Maybe No Go" succeeded by placing an even bigger emphasis on failure than usual and reminding viewers that no one's problems have vanished in the transition to the New York setting.

The Pink Pilgrim is such an amazing name. Is that a reference to anything, or just Pete being Pete? I don't recall any mention of it last season, but I haven't watched it in a long time.

The Pink Pilgrim is such an amazing name. Is that a reference to anything, or just Pete being Pete? I don't recall any mention of it last season, but I haven't watched it in a long time.
He referenced it during the whole quiz show scandal revealed in Season 3, episode "The Invisible Hand of Fate." So it's a pretty epic callback. Not sure of any real-world origin, though.

Super excited to get my shirts. Titmouse actually emailed me last week on Friday because I had messed up and put XS on my order and apparently history tells them that most people who put XS want XL.

I actually wanted Medium so I'm glad they emailed me. First time I've been able to afford to be a part of shirt club and the designs so far look stellar.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I sense a major financial crash at the end of the season.

Though they could subvert expectations and have the characters succeed.

NEO0MJ

God damn is the Monarch fast on his feet. I loved how he turned being upset into a chance to gather intel on his competition. I wonder if
the basement is an old Venture lab, a Proto Guild lair, or something else.

somedevil

God damn is the Monarch fast on his feet. I loved how he turned being upset into a chance to gather intel on his competition. I wonder if
the basement is an old Venture lab, a Proto Guild lair, or something else.

Its his
parents. His father was a scientist as well and worked with Jonas Venture Sr. Vendata is possibility his father.

Its his
parents. His father was a scientist as well and worked with Jonas Venture Sr. Vendata is possibility his father.

There's no way (season 5 spoiler)
Vendata is not Monarch's dad. It would be an unwarranted psyche out if he's not.

Second episode was pretty great. Kinda slow burning, but the little teases and implications are completely worth it. Plus I have a major soft spot for Duran Duran.

Zubz

Banned
The Monarch is going to start killing villains as hinted in the first Season 6 teaser.

Agreed. I'm surprised it didn't start with the Monarch sub-plot in this episode!

Ong? Cuttle fish? Dr. Dugong? Wide Whale is the brother of Dr. Dugong...I caught that correctly?

Seems like it. I was fine with him staying in Season 3, but holy shit if that reveal didn't grab me. I love that his name is
Doug Ong

Also,
Brock & Hatred being bros.
was pretty fantastic.

Venture

Maybe related to the style of shoes he wears. Pilgrim shoes are apparently a thing.

I sense a major financial crash at the end of the season.

Though they could subvert expectations and have the characters succeed.
They may surprise us, Dean seems to really be on the ball. It's probably a poor business decision, but I admire Doc for thinking big and sticking to his family's super science roots.

Tamanon

Banned
So, based on that season teaser earlier, and this discovery of a "bat cave", I think Monarch is going to start
Killing villains ahead of him in the list for Dr. Venture, but as a masked superhero

NEO0MJ

Its his

There's no way (season 5 spoiler)
Vendata is not Monarch's dad. It would be an unwarranted psyche out if he's not.

Second episode was pretty great. Kinda slow burning, but the little teases and implications are completely worth it. Plus I have a major soft spot for Duran Duran.

I feel I should rewatch some old episodes.

Akahige

Solid episode, it wasn't as successful as last week's episode with jamming a shiton of stuff into 22 minutes, I do enjoy the very fast pace the first two episodes have had but I wouldn't mind some of the upcoming episodes slowing the fuck down.

Solid episode, it wasn't as successful as last week's episode with jamming a shiton of stuff into 22 minutes, I do enjoy the very fast pace the first two episodes have had but I wouldn't mind some of the upcoming episodes slowing the fuck down.

They really can't though, with only having 8 episodes. We only got 6 left, and we got a lot of ground to cover still.

PSqueak

Banned
The ending of the latest ep had me dying, love how Hatred devised a way to stay with the ventures, pretty clever.

I'm also loving the character development Dean is getting, but kinda annoyed how Hank seems to be devolving.

Ogodei

I too have a guess that they're going to subvert expectations and have Rusty come out on top somehow. Maybe due to Dean's good ideas.

Nether!

I've always really liked the Pirate. Despite his dart addiction he's seemed like one of the more competent characters on the show (once he stopped being a pirate).
I wonder if we'll see Swifty and Hector again, or if they've now been fired twice by Venture.

somedevil

I feel I should rewatch some old episodes.

Well Spanakopita is where you see
Monarch parents picking up Venture Sr.

Bot Seeks bot is where you
hear him after Brock beats him up and steals his clothes talking where is his wife and says I think the plane is going down

Show did 884,000 viewers on Sunday.

vypek

Well Spanakopita is where you see
Monarch parents picking up Venture Sr.

Bot Seeks bot is where you
hear him after Brock beats him up and steals his clothes talking where is his wife and says I think the plane is going down

Show did 884,000 viewers on Sunday.

Wow. Its so easy to miss stuff in this show. I didn't realize there was something in the Spanikopita episode.

Tizoc

Bah gawd dat Dinosaurs reference
D5cEHqD.jpg

Great ep. with great laughs.
St. Cloud is a little too obsessed with Billy & White, but glad Pirate Captain got his crap together.

Hatred and Brock working together was a nice touch.

Who's Dr. Dugong?

Zubz

Banned
Wait a sec. I was rewatching a few old episodes earlier this week, and a continuity error just hit me. In this episode, Billy says that he lost his virginity to Wu-Tang Forever, but we see him lose it to those prostitutes in the episode where he performs surgery on Monstroso.

I mean, it's super minor, but seeing how the error revolves around a time travel plot, there's, like, a 0.001% chance it's intentional.

Wait a sec. I was rewatching a few old episodes earlier this week, and a continuity error just hit me. In this episode, Billy says that he lost his virginity to Wu-Tang Forever, but we see him lose it to those prostitutes in the episode where he performs surgery on Monstroso.

I mean, it's super minor, but seeing how the error revolves around a time travel plot, there's, like, a 0.001% chance it's intentional.

I don't think he lost his virginity then. The scene was played for laughs, and his hand extinguisher "blew it's load early". I think he lost his virginity elsewhere.

B.K.

Maybe he forgot about Wu-Tang Forever. Gathers may have almost scrambled BIlly's brain with his memory eraser, like he did Hank and Dean.

Tizoc

Err I think Billy was talking about 'music virginity' or something? Like listening to Wu Tang was a revelation of some sorts?

Duran Duran is fantastic. Very 80s, so be forewarned if that's not your thing.

It's my kind of 80s after listening to a few of their songs X3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom