• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Video of man working on shop projects in garage released as "visual album"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made it through Yeezus and Graduation so far. New Slaves and Black Skinhead are great. I didn't really feel too much of everything else, a least nearly on that level, it has some great production but it doesn't feel nearly as coherent or consistent as Graduation, I've heard about half of graduation my life so I don't really have any newfound love for the songs but I can appreciate them more than I did when I heard them but I kinda zoned out a lot while listening to graduation so it'll probably require another listen for comments on substance. I really like the commentary and lyrics on the two songs I mentioned and production and delivery. I liked a lot of things about blood on the leaves but the subject matter kinda ruins it for me, or well if it's anti abortion I can't get behind that.
Blood On the Leaves isn't anti abortion, it's just about women "trapping" men.
I thought Yeezus was more consistent than Graduation, too many forgettable songs on it imo, it just has really high highs with Stronger, Good Life, Can't Tell Me Nothing, and Flashing Lights.
Imo.

Blood On the Leaves isn't anti abortion, it's just about women "trapping" men.
I thought Yeezus was more consistent than Graduation, too many forgettable songs on it imo, it just has really high highs with Stronger, Good Life, Can't Tell Me Nothing, and Flashing Lights.
Imo.
My opinion might change on repeated listens but those were my first impressions. Feel a little better about Blood on the leaves though.

jaypah

After the Frank Ocean mega L, I was happy to find this dude

https://soundcloud.com/thegreatkhalid

"Location" goessss. Will tide me over until whenever Frank decides to release music again

I don't hate this at all. Good looking fam. Also I hope everybody peeped out that Blood Orange. My cuz hit me one day and told me it was some wild shit he randomly clicked on under new releases. I put my headphones on and jammed that shit through my work shift. Straight dug it. 🎧

Duh. Beer in hand blah blah blah. Starvin fam!

Frank straight up got us drinking during the week.
hF7Ab64.png

Takuan

I know you're done with top 5's but I'm sharing mine anyway (no particular order)

Illmatic
It's Dark and Hell is Hot
Enter the 36 Chambers
Ready to Die
College Dropout

jaypah

I know you're done with top 5's but I'm sharing mine anyway (no particular order)

Illmatic
It's Dark and Hell is Hot
Enter the 36 Chambers
Ready to Die
College Dropout

That's a good list. All stuff that I have attachments to. I just can't do a top 5 (MC or album). I've tried several times and all I got was anxiety.

lazerfox

My Top 5:

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Good Kid, M.A.A.D City
Man On The Moon: The End Of Day
Music & Me

Seeing the other lists, I'm probably younger than most and too lazy to check the old stuff out.

Blader

Kinda surprised so many of you guys are down on TLOP. About half that album is nonsense, sure, but there's a good 11-12 tracks I really dig. Much better than Yeezus at least.

I haven't listened to MBDTF in a long time though, and not sure I've even listened to the ones before it (as far as I know anyway).

jaypah

Kinda surprised so many of you guys are down on TLOP. About half that album is nonsense, sure, but there's a good 11-12 tracks I really dig. Much better than Yeezus at least.

I haven't listened to MBDTF in a long time though, and not sure I've even listened to the ones before it (as far as I know anyway).

I liked it more than Yeezus too. Not that Yeezus is a bad album though, TLOP just hits my brain better.

Making my way through LR.
Dunno how I feel about it. Like "Roses" tho.
Nvm, everything after Roses I really like so far

what the hell kind of order are you listening to the albums in? you should've listened in chronological order imo, kanye's style progressions make a lot more sense that way

Not going in any particular "order" it's just not something I do when listening to music, kinda makes it feel like a chore tbh
But someone told me to listen to LR after I finished graduation so I did. Then I made it through some of MBDTF and stopped for now. I don't think I'll really have any kind of appreciation for his progression till I've given everything a few listens and judged the material on its own, it's just how I've gotten through listen to most artists. But so far I like his work, some stuff I love, some stuff I like and some stuff I'm indifferent to, I don't really dislike any of it there's just stuff I'm not too interested in. But it's been an interesting experience so far and I'm glad to have done it as there's plenty of good stuff here and it's another thing that I can relate to others with in discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom