• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

outsida

I played this game for 5 hours straight before passing out at 5am. Killed the coca cola beast dozens of times. Woke up and played some more before coming to work. I hate whoever posted the first vid of this game on Gaf.

outsida said:
I played this game for 5 hours straight before passing out at 5am. Killed the coca cola beast dozens of times. Woke up and played some more before coming to work. I hate whoever posted the first vid of this game on Gaf.

Welcome to the club man. Imagine how much of your time it'll rob you off when the full game is released.

1stStrike

Banned
lol hurry up and take them. I have 7 now :|

I got a 2nd amethyst too lol. Used it for a quest, though. Got lvl 21, so getting there. I did the polar bear raid 3 times trying to get his savage eye... man, that shit is hard. We didn't get it even once :| I was sure I hit him in the eye quite a few times too.

Lebron

Subpar west players, can't even get an eye from the Coca Cola Bear. We East players just walked up and took that shit, straight up "Give me that!"

I actually haven't done the Raid yet, even though I'm 21 too.

Mairu

1stStrike said:
Oh man, trying to get those 5 ergs in a level is going to be fucking annoying. I got 3, beat the boss, knocked around some crates left over and got 1 more :|

What happens if I had 4, beat the boss, hit a crate and then got a 5th? Does it not count? :|
As long as you get it before you get the Battle Complete screen it will register the bonus objective, if you get it afterwards, you're boned.

Currently I've hit level 26 three times and I have every Battle fully complete except Kobold Chief (damn copper ore...). Completed every story that is possible to complete and I think I have 60something titles. AP farming when every battle gives at most 10 AP is slow :|

outsida

Cow Mengde said:
Welcome to the club man. Imagine how much of your time it'll rob you off when the full game is released.
I know it's going to be much worse as there isn't really much of anything that I don't like about the game.... The videos in the op just makes me want the crack even more... I'm all messed up as I want the rest of the levels and classes now. I fell for the ol the first hit is free bit.

That's not all the moves you can do to an enemy after grabbing onto them. See: high cliffs.

Considering how far ago the Korean release of the game came out, I imagine they're intentionally cutting back on content before commercialization so that people aren't already done with the game before they can make some cash on them.

Teknopathetic said:
That's not all the moves you can do to an enemy after grabbing onto them. See: high cliffs.

You mean kicking them off of one? There weren't any in that stage so I didn't capture any footage for that. Maybe I can edit that in later when I do encounter it.

1stStrike

Banned
Well, I thought I'd end up playing some more, but I ended up working instead. Turns out there's a new kernel exploit out which affects a ton of CPanel servers out there, so I just got to upgrade the kernel on about 40 servers out of our fleet (my boss just gave me a spread sheet with all of her servers on it and was like, do this)

Good times...

Sorry to hear that Strike.

Am I weird to have my priorities shifted towards good titles rather then equipments? Equipments are replaced all the time but titles are permanent.

Mairu

Dear Players,

We will be performing a routine maintenance on all game servers on September 21st. During this period, Vindictus will be unavailable. Game maintenance will last approximately 7 Hours.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

-Time-

Pacific: 10:00 PM ~ 5:00 AM, Tuesday, September 21st, 2010

Eastern: 1:00 AM ~ 8:00 AM, Wednesday, September 22nd, 2010
That is a really long maintenance with an unfortunate time :(

1stStrike

Banned
Mairu said:
That is a really long maintenance with an unfortunate time :(

Eh? 1 am to 8 am is great for me. I'll be in bed before the maintenance starts and still asleep when it ends! :lol

Done with work now so I can get a bit more play time in.

Mairu

My sleep patterns are kind of out of wack due to GSL & classes starting at noon so I'm up until like 4-5 AM usually :|

Lebron

Well at least I got to complete my spiky shield and red sword. Just need to hit 22 so I can wear my full North set in all its heavy ass stone tipping glory.

hit lvl 24, got most of my quest done, wearing some of the savage set + Northern Pike + Crimson helm on me =P
Had 3 savage eye, crafted 2 rings (hoping to equip both at lvl 26.)

Poyunch

How do you guys level so quickly? My inventory is full and I'm stuck in a rut since I'm too low of a level to advance the story.

The M.O.B

PounchEnvy said:
How do you guys level so quickly? My inventory is full and I'm stuck in a rut since I'm too low of a level to advance the story.

I'm guessing your stuck on decisive battle? A lot of people have problem with that one for some reason.

Just join a party with some higher level people and don't get in there way. Then you can get your next expanded inventory. :)

The first 2 or 3 stages on the 2nd boat are pretty easy, so you should be able to advance quite a bit up to that point.

1stStrike

Banned
I made my shield. Just need 3 more pieces so I can make my sword - and then I need to figure out how to get some more points so I can get counterattack. I was in a terrible group and that shit is hard with the last boss. He fucking punches me to death quite a bit.

Lebron

1stStrike said:
I made my shield. Just need 3 more pieces so I can make my sword - and then I need to figure out how to get some more points so I can get counterattack. I was in a terrible group and that shit is hard with the last boss. He fucking punches me to death quite a bit.
Should of came on East, sucker!

PounchEnvy said:
Well, if you're on East, I can help you out if you want.

Mairu

PounchEnvy said:
If you're on West add me and I can help out

Hazaro made a Lann alt and got it to like 13 in an hour or two, lol

Lesath

1stStrike said:

Really? Most of my deaths are because I didn't pot up after I got caught in a previous body slam. By the way, the damage over time effect of the body slam can't kill you, so don't blow your pot until you hit 1 hp and the debuff wears off. You can also bring a set of regular and a set of fine hp potions so that you'll have more to use rather than some party feathers or something.

Poyunch

Thanks guys maybe later. I don't want to play this late. :lol
The M.O.B said:
I'm guessing your stuck on decisive battle? A lot of people have problem with that one for some reason.

Just join a party with some higher level people and don't get in there way. Then you can get your next expanded inventory. :)

The first 2 or 3 stages on the 2nd boat are pretty easy, so you should be able to advance quite a bit up to that point.
I'm actually level 18 and I'm trying to get to 20. I'm trying to get the Orders and kill the Kobold Chief or something. Also should I bother forging the Cleavers for Lann or just wait for those awesome looking Red Swords?

etiolate

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
You mean kicking them off of one? There weren't any in that stage so I didn't capture any footage for that. Maybe I can edit that in later when I do encounter it.

Wind through the ruins would be good for that.

Whenever I am sandwiched, my first move is a grab and throw of one guy into the other. Always gets me some space to work with.

Mairu

PounchEnvy said:
Thanks guys maybe later. I don't want to play this late. :lol

I'm actually level 18 and I'm trying to get to 20. I'm trying to get the Orders and kill the Kobold Chief or something. Also should I bother forging the Cleavers for Lann or just wait for those awesome looking Red Swords?
Just wait for the red swords

The maintenance is well needed. There were some games where everybody had a decent bar yet it still ran like a slide show.

My first Cobalt chief boss guy battle the whole thing ran like a slide show despite me having 3 bars. I move, it doesn't register until 5 seconds later in a slide show lag and then the boss smacks me 3 time in that instant.

It was a nightmare, but at least I got one of the materials to make that sword. I need 2 more to go.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Mairu said:
My sleep patterns are kind of out of wack due to GSL & classes starting at noon so I'm up until like 4-5 AM usually :|
IkQSe.jpg

Also, yeah I made a Lann alt and since I knew market prices I was selling / buying stuff I needed and got to level 11 in about an hour, level 13 took about 40 minutes after that since I actually needed to fight thing.

Only downside is that I have like 90 AP :lol

Mairu

Hazaro said:
IkQSe.jpg

Also, yeah I made a Lann alt and since I knew market prices I was selling / buying stuff I needed and got to level 11 in about an hour, level 13 took about 40 minutes after that since I actually needed to fight thing.

Only downside is that I have like 90 AP :lol
Where you been haven't seen you on since that :p

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Because Fiona >>>>>>> Lann.

Also I played some SC 2. Owned some fools.
Proxy 2 rax -> island expo -> 5 Ravens + 7 Vikings + 9 Cloaked Banshees to wreck a 2 base zerg massing corruptors and hydras.

My execution was beautiful.

This game is addictive.. I wanted to give a try to solo Gnoll Chieftain before sleep, and I ended completing my Crimson Rage set after a few rounds, soloing the final battle of the first boat and doing the first battle of the second boat. When I soloed Gnoll Chieftain (level 12 and half crimson rage set and light battle set) it remembered me a lot the Monster Hunter games, in fact, as a fellow gaffer said, this game is like a mixture between Monster Hunter and Demon's Souls. I love it :D

Poyunch

So for Brynn's research how am I supposed to get 100 BPs? I need to do it so that I can defeat the Kobold Chief. Where is the Spider Cave Scroll and I've yet to see a Hoarfrost Hollow Erg Crystal.

etiolate

Banned
Do not try Frost Stones solo without spears. You'll just get chain hit by king ice dredges.

edit: The spider scroll is a random drop. Someone got it in the last run I did. I am not sure if it only drops off spiders or not.

Top Bottom