• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Ceebs

Divvy said:
So whats this mine bomb thing? I read in the help thing that you can farm ores from mineral veins, but I've yet to find one in the game.
You don't really see many of them until the 2nd boat.

Dreavus

The "find 5 rare ergs" bonus objective is driving me nuts. I've done that battle so many times trying to finish it that last night it was giving me 0 AP. I got 4 a couple times but that's not good enough. :p

Normally I wouldn't care too much, but the fact that it's needed for an event quest is making me really want to finish it.

TheExodu5

Banned
Is there a special way to get the rare ergs? What do they drop from?

Anyways, just fought the chieftain. Holy shit...this game is totally Monster Hunter.

Dreavus

TheExodu5 said:
Is there a special way to get the rare ergs? What do they drop from?

Anyways, just fought the chieftain. Holy shit...this game is totally Monster Hunter.

As far as I can tell you get them from smashing stuff in the environment, like pots or boxes. Those green ghostly orb enemies seem to drop them sometimes too. It's the definition of tedium to go through the whole level smashing everything, and then coming up short at the end every time.

1stStrike said:
I pwn in boss battles. Been leveling up my defense, guard, etc. and I'm damn near unkillable. All the Lann's run away :lol

I have 5 gnoll bucklers on the marketplace atm :|
I only run when I need to heal or out of stamina. I need more stamina

finished AP grinding the first boat yay.

TheExodu5 said:
So I've been running a ton of dungeons, and have come across 1 cloth and no gnoll tunics or bucklers. Are the drop rates really that bad or is there a trick to farming specific mats?

I just kept doing the Friends quest.

Played for a while last night, hit 12. I soloed everything right until Big Red and his Hammer of death. Was with a good group, beat it normally...then tried Season of Macha.

Between the Phoenix Feather lagging and that fucking hammer one-shot, we got pwned. One thing I do like is that when you've been in a tough fight, it shows. I imagine that if we had got back to town, people would've thought we fought a dragon and shit. :lol

Will try again later. I can see myself playing this in spurts.

Ceebs

1stStrike said:
I pwn in boss battles. Been leveling up my defense, guard, etc. and I'm damn near unkillable. All the Lann's run away :lol|
The downside to this is that most of the fights are too lag heavy for me to be confident I got my perfect block in or if I got a heavy stander block off. The 3 Lann's spamming on the boss does not make it any easier to see what they are doing either. Solo I can destroy most of the bosses taking very little damage though.

TheExodu5

Banned
Well I made my first set of Crimson leggings. I got really friggin lucky on the color. I've been scouring the marketplace for matching pieces from the rest of the set, but I can't find any. ;_;

blacklegs.jpg

1stStrike

Banned
Correction, I have 6 fire spirit remnants.

If anyone on the West server needs shit let me know. I have 2 slots left in my inventory and I don't want to just start destroying shit.

1stStrike said:

If anyone on the West server needs shit let me know. I have 2 slots left in my inventory and I don't want to just start destroying shit.
Damn why couldn't you be on East ! ( T_T)

nataku

Is there a friends list in this game?

I see a spot for guilds in the character interface too, but I'm guessing they're not in place yet.

Velion

Cloudius12 said:
Im using Lann, Northern pike set is Heavy, and Savage Set is Light. Savage beat Northern by a huge margin...what did I bother crafting this set :/
Need access to boat 3 for some of Savage mats, which we don't have access to atm.

Holy shit, I LOVE THIS GAME!!!

I single handedly saved the entire team. All my team members were knocked out and I'm out of feathers against the boss with 3x health bars. I was battered but I came out on top saving the entire team. This is what I'm talking about. Skill based combat, baby!

Lebron

INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Damn GAF why is everyone on West? I guess maybe I should just suck it up, and just start leveling my Lann on West? Bah!
You added me right? GonnaHate?

I think I have some spare fire spirits i can send ya.

Lesath

1stStrike said:

I made a bank. Mailing to yourself is expensive, but it's an option if you're a sentimental pack rat like me.

jediyoshi

Managed to get super sampling to work. This game sure is a looker.

vindictus2010-09-1900-uu45.jpg

vindictus2010-09-1911-e5hs.jpg

Finally finished up the pike set as well, not really digging the chest armor.

Dreavus

FINALLY got the 5 ergs. God that bonus is retarded.

Had a great group tonight and did all the slingshot battles in succession. That triple boss in the last one is pretty brutal.

Mairu

Dreavus said:
FINALLY got the 5 ergs. God that bonus is retarded.

Had a great group tonight and did all the slingshot battles in succession. That triple boss in the last one is pretty brutal.
5 ergs was really really annoying and there is another 5 ergs BP in the third area :|

Just wait for the last (after polarbear) mission for Hoarfrost, that mission is fun :D

jediyoshi said:
Managed to get super sampling to work. This game sure is a looker

You enable it in the options or through the video card's control panel? The game has options for 4xaa but does say what kind.

jediyoshi

Cow Mengde said:
You enable it in the options or through the video card's control panel? The game has options for 4xaa but does say what kind.

Yup, through the video card options. It's about a 5-10fps hit for me but it's worth it. Although trying to force a higher anti aliasing negates any aa unlike other Source games ]:

here's a comparison between no aa, 4xaa and 4xaa with super sampling

vindictus2010-09-1605-bxov.jpg

Mairu

jediyoshi said:
Yup, through the video card options. It's about a 5-10fps hit for me but it's worth it. Although trying to force a higher anti aliasing negates any aa unlike other Source games ]:

I am completely new to fiddling with video card settings for PC games, any advice or guides I can read that can tell me how to do this with an nvidia card?

edit: nm figured it out

jediyoshi said:

http://www.abload.de/img/vindictus2010-09-1605-bxov.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Any idea how to enable it on a ati card?

1stStrike

Banned
Woot. I'm off for the next two days. I'm about 500 xp away from 20 and then I can start working on getting a red sword (I have almost all of the ingredients - just need the red metal or w/e) and then I'm set on that. I can see that crafting stuff later on is going to be an absolute bitch. I've seen 1 amethyst drop so far and someone else got it :|

Has anyone tried to record videos of this game in action? The default recording in the game made this huge 1.03G avi file that I can't edit with either virtualdub or WMM. I want to decrease the size and edit the video a bit for fun.

Davedough

I had to take the weekend off of the game, came back, patched and halfway through the patch an error message came up. Now it says the Vindictus.exe is corrupt. Gonna have to re-install =( And just when I finally got the PS3 controller working in game.

1stStrike said:
You can choose the video recording format. I picked youtube HD, though I haven't actually tried to record yet.

Where? I see the record video option and nothing else. If click on it and it records. Wait, let me try again.

Lebron

Cow Mengde said:
Where? I see the record video option and nothing else. If click on it and it records. Wait, let me try again.
Go into options and click on etc.

Also, servers are kind of tame. Guess all the kiddies are in school.

1stStrike

Banned
Oh man, trying to get those 5 ergs in a level is going to be fucking annoying. I got 3, beat the boss, knocked around some crates left over and got 1 more :|

What happens if I had 4, beat the boss, hit a crate and then got a 5th? Does it not count? :|

Ceebs

1stStrike said:
Oh man, trying to get those 5 ergs in a level is going to be fucking annoying. I got 3, beat the boss, knocked around some crates left over and got 1 more :|

What happens if I had 4, beat the boss, hit a crate and then got a 5th? Does it not count? :|
It's way easier to get a full group for those unless it's a solo objective.

1stStrike

Banned
Ceebs said:
It's way easier to get a full group for those unless it's a solo objective.

lol I need to get 5 of those crystals myself... so it doesn't count if someone else gets them. I'm trying for the 190 points, but if you don't get 5 erg crystals then you can't get it =\

Btw I just got an amethyst on my second run through the kobold chief :eek:

Leatherface

1stStrike said:

I may take you up on that good sir. Speaking of which, is there a GAF friends list going on? just in case I'm Clytpos / Athyna on the west server. Feel free to add me and post your character names. :)

Lebron

Pretty Hilarious playing Kobold Chief on hard with diff up Oath and watching him one hit kill people. If I have a full bar, it will take two hits to kill me, but other than that, dead If I get hit :lol

Top Bottom