• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Any tips on changing the controls? I'm having difficulty assigning the attack to the keyboard while retaining camera control via mouse. It'll just unassign it, say it's assigned but pressing the key does nothing.

(The 30 seconds I played of the game though was amazing - considering it's a MMO.)

IPoopStandingUp said:
Any tips on changing the controls? I'm having difficulty assigning the attack to the keyboard while retaining camera control via mouse. It'll just unassign it, say it's assigned but pressing the key does nothing.

(The 30 seconds I played of the game though was amazing - considering it's a MMO.)

It's not an FPS, so this should be safe to say. I've found that playing with a 360 controller is fantastic. They actually have the option for using it built into the game.

Sectus

Anyone know what the advantage of cloth armour is? I just unlocked various sets which are high level, but they all have worse stats than light armour sets. They do weigh less, but is there any direct advantage to that? Do you move or attack faster that way? I'm nowhere close to my current weight limit.

LFG

Neophyte
Sectus said:
Anyone know what the advantage of cloth armour is? I just unlocked various sets which are high level, but they all have worse stats than light armour sets. They do weigh less, but is there any direct advantage to that? Do you move or attack faster that way? I'm nowhere close to my current weight limit.

my guess is that cloth is primarily for the mage class which isn't in the game yet. i haven't seen the stats on any cloth pieces yet, so i don't know for sure.

Mairu

Hazaro said:
Hopefully boat 3 stays up.

New content looked real nice.
Dear Vindictus Players,
We will be perform an unscheduled maintenance on the East and West Vindictus servers onSeptember 19th. Update will last approximately 2Hours. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Pacific: 8:00AM - 10:00AM, Sunday, September 19, 2010
Eastern: 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM, Sunday, September 19, 2010
I wonder if there be a AREA 3 REMOVAL PATCH COMIN!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Well they can't make the lag worse right?

Only can get better from here.
I guess it could cause a lot of disconnects though.

Another Small patch for font change and bugs.

There was boat 3 content up eh? Sad I missed it assuming it is gone.

Nevermind both back up

Raoh

signed up and started last night, didnt get to play much past the first training. but so far its pretty damn awesome..

and imagine my excitement when i noticed there was xbox 360 (and other gamepad) support..

it lends a nice combo of gamepad, keyboard and mouse

i'm a terrible keyboard gamer so this is a nice way to transition me, maybe within time i would drop the gamepad but for now

(insert a pic of me dancing here)

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Cow Mengde said:
Um, what's boat 3?
You could invite a person next to the 3rd boat and access the missions there, but now you can't.

You can bring up the launch, but it doesn't list the missions anymore. The level 21+ vampire stuff.

1stStrike

Banned
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
Man everyone on GAF is blazing past me in terms of leveling. Holy shit... This is why online/MMOs/etc really frustrate me :(

Don't worry, I'm only lvl 18. I actually have to work unlike some people in the game :eek:

Cloudius12 said:
ffuuu my lvl 20 hero belt is stuck in the mail.

"You did not get the item".

and why is the Northern Pike set so heavy...

Same thing happened to me with the lower level hero belt.

1stStrike said:
Don't worry, I'm only lvl 18. I actually have to work unlike some people in the game :eek:

Exactly :p

Ceebs

Cloudius12 said:
ffuuu my lvl 20 hero belt is stuck in the mail.

"You did not get the item".

and why is the Northern Pike set so heavy...
It's heavy armor. There is a skill you spend points in to reduce the weight of heavy armor.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
piratepwnsninja said:
It's not an FPS, so this should be safe to say. I've found that playing with a 360 controller is fantastic. They actually have the option for using it built into the game.
The game won't let me assign number keys to anything but the quickslot. It'll let me try but once I exit out of the controls option it'll reset back to being assigned to quickslots.

1stStrike

Banned
Lebron said:
Only scrubs play on West.

I'm a proud scrub :eek:

East is on the east coast and West is on the West coast, so play on whichever is closest to you. Personally, I play on West because it's been more stable thus far.

Zen

Banned
Can you reset your characters chosen colors, I think I selected something I shouldn't have an my starter closes are black and red (for the default outfit that's normally brown and such), will this carry through to all the gear I get?

Zen said:
Can you reset your characters chosen colors, I think I selected something I shouldn't have an my starter closes are black and red (for the default outfit that's normally brown and such), will this carry through to all the gear I get?

It isnt the character, when you create/receive a piece of gear the color is randomly chosen.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Well my Fiona is level 24 and I made a Lann after the update who is now level 13 (item abuse woo).

I have to say Lann doesn't seem as good. I mean he can attack with a slightly larger arc, but his single target stun and damage seem pretty lacking. Dodge also feels bad since it lacks the range I want it to have.

Counter attack and Heavy Guard are soooooooo good.

I guess if you time the 0.2 seconds of dash invulnerability you are ok though.

Hazaro said:
Well my Fiona is level 24 and I made a Lann after the update who is now level 13 (item abuse woo).

I have to say Lann doesn't seem as good. I mean he can attack with a slightly larger arc, but his single target stun and damage seem pretty lacking. Dodge also feels bad since it lacks the range I want it to have.

Counter attack and Heavy Guard are soooooooo good.

I guess if you time the 0.2 seconds of dash invulnerability you are ok though.

Lann's better at crowd control. I still can't finish "Friends?" quest solo with Fiona. I actually think both of their strengths and weaknesses are very well done.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Cow Mengde said:
Lann's better at crowd control. I still can't finish "Friends?" quest solo with Fiona. I actually think both of their strengths and weaknesses are very well done.
I did that by keeping my distance, building up attacks into kick, and using the terrain to make sure only 1 or 2 would come around a pillar (it splits them) and engage them.
Also if you just get one of them separated you can throw them (throw button again) or if others get close you can Right click and kick them into the group. Both work fairly well.

Of course if you have counter attack crowd control just becomes AWESOME, but that comes much much later.

*I should have recorded the "Counter Attack" level (Mini boss, 2x mini boss, mini boss, boss in one level). We had 3 Fiona's and a Lann doing the mission without potions and we actually beat it without needing to revive. It was pretty sweet having 3 tankers counter attacking and blocking constantly. It allowed for so many more full combos and stuns since you could have everyone standing next to them and wailing.

"I did that by keeping my distance, building up attacks into kick, and using the terrain to make sure only 1 or 2 would come around a pillar (it splits them) and engage them."

You don't have to do that with Lann. Also, Lann's damage and attack arc is pretty huge with Thousand Needles.

1stStrike

Banned
I've played both too and while Lann is a wrecking machine and just straight up fast (I was in, attacking and out without ever getting hit) Fionna is without a doubt a deeper character to play. I get my ass kicked all the time as her, though. I've gotten two titles about breaking armor so far :lol

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Is that the monster from Dan Simmon's The Terror in the OP?

n170060.jpg

Also, how the hell did this game escape my radar until now, it is right up my alley.

Ceebs said:
It's heavy armor. There is a skill you spend points in to reduce the weight of heavy armor.
I maxed my heavy armor skill to the point I cant level it anymore and it is still a useless set.

Savage set is too good.

TheExodu5

Banned
So I've been running a ton of dungeons, and have come across 1 cloth and no gnoll tunics or bucklers. Are the drop rates really that bad or is there a trick to farming specific mats?

Lann is pretty awesome on crowd control.

Thousand needle hit one, twice, three times, four times, almost out of stamina release smash attack for massive damage!

Any Lann player needs to level up Thousand Needle.

I think Fiona would be the better for boss battle. It seems like Fiona was built for boss in mind.

Mairu

So they fixed the glitch that everyone was using to get to the third area but it looks like there is another way in. Unfortunately I have not figured out how they are doing it :|

nataku

I was in a group running a dungeon and the wisp boss came up. The damn thing didn't drop it's heart for me, but did for everyone else in the group.

1stStrike

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
Lann is pretty awesome on crowd control.

Thousand needle hit one, twice, three times, four times, almost out of stamina release smash attack for massive damage!

Any Lann player needs to level up Thousand Needle.

I think Fiona would be the better for boss battle. It seems like Fiona was built for boss in mind.

I pwn in boss battles. Been leveling up my defense, guard, etc. and I'm damn near unkillable. All the Lann's run away :lol

TheExodu5 said:
So I've been running a ton of dungeons, and have come across 1 cloth and no gnoll tunics or bucklers. Are the drop rates really that bad or is there a trick to farming specific mats?

I have 5 gnoll bucklers on the marketplace atm :|

TheExodu5 said:

Just buy them from the market place. They're really cheap. Like only a few hundred gold.

RuGalz

Spent a lot more time playing this game than I had planned. Got Fiona to lv 14 so far, mostly doing solo or duo with a friend cuz too frequently the lag is unbearable to play Fiona strategically. The title system is great, it's like a bunch of mini achievements with meaningful rewards. Running out of potions trying to do various things. Can that be crafted at some point?

Ceebs

Just made it to lvl 20. Was running Revenge for the 190BP to unlock Critical Strike and decided to just solo it so I could break all the pots for crystals. Got to the two boss gnolls and could not get the stair trick to work so I spent 15 minutes kiting them both around in circles. It took forever but complete success.

I now have my full Northern Pike set complete and just made my Spiked Shield. Now to work on the sword and possibly the polar bear.

1stStrike

Banned
Ceebs said:
Just made it to lvl 20. Was running Revenge for the 190BP to unlock Critical Strike and decided to just solo it so I could break all the pots for crystals. Got to the two boss gnolls and could not get the stair trick to work so I spent 15 minutes kiting them both around in circles. It took forever but complete success.

I now have my full Northern Pike set complete and just made my Spiked Shield. Now to work on the sword and possibly the polar bear.

I'm working on lvl 19 atm... got a ton of sub-quests still on the first boat but they're pretty tedious.

Brannon

TheExodu5 said:

Best way is to sell the extra stuff you don't need on the Marketplace so you can get the money to buy what you do need. And if in the process you do end up getting that one elusive item in a dungeon, well that's just bonus.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
So whats this mine bomb thing? I read in the help thing that you can farm ores from mineral veins, but I've yet to find one in the game.

Top Bottom