• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Yeef

Well, it's built on the Source Engine, so there's no reason it should be all that demanding. I'll be surprised if it doesn't end up on Steam.

Gritesh

Thanks, is this for the early access beta as well, on the site it says it starts September 15.

Also I still need a key if someone has one!

1stStrike

Banned
Gritesh said:
Thanks, is this for the early access beta as well, on the site it says it starts September 15.

Also I still need a key if someone has one!

It should be. I imagine when the beta starts you'll have to download an update.

Also, check the beta key thread (linked to in the OP) as there's a link to a site that just released an additional 2,000 keys today so you should be able to get one. Each key you register gives you 2 additional keys so you can invite a friend or friends.

1stStrike

Banned
No idea when it starts. I'd just keep refreshing the site or something if I were you :p That's probably what I'll be doing since I have tomorrow off from work too.

Lebron said:
Well, Vindictus can get pretty boring and redundant after rerunning the same dungeons over and over for materials and AP or to level so you can finally move on to the next one or simply because you're out of tokens for the higher level boats so you have to do the newbie free ones. Though that can be applied to any MMO in some way shape or form, I'm just playing Devil's advocate.

At least it isn't point click :p

I've played through games like the TMNT trilogy (not counting the first one), Alien Vs Predator, Final Fight 3, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, River City Ransom, and god know what other brawlers at least 10 times, so I'm not worried. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've played through Turtles In Time at least 20 times since my youth. Play through it easy, normal, hard, and then going through it again with friends over and over so it's no exaggeration.

Lebron

Cow Mengde said:
I've played through games like the TMNT trilogy (not counting the first one), Alien Vs Predator, Final Fight 3, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, River City Ransom, and god know what other brawlers at least 10 times, so I'm not worried. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've played through Turtles In Time at least 20 times since my youth. Play through it easy, normal, hard, and then going through it again with friends over and over so it's no exaggeration.
I lost count how many times I ran through the Nanman campaign in DW.

The Mabinogi I was referring to was the cell shaded one. I had fun chopping trees, bitch slapping wolves, and uppercutting bears bare handed. The official game came out and it was mostly a pay service to play the game correctly.

Crakatak187 said:
The Mabinogi I was referring to was the cell shaded one. I had fun chopping trees, bitch slapping wolves, and uppercutting bears bare handed. The official game came out and it was mostly a pay service to play the game correctly.

This is sort of a sequel to that Mabinogi.

1stStrike

Banned
Crakatak187 said:

Ah ok. I have high hopes for this game. You'd better get in my vent server tomorrow :eek:

Lebron

Cow Mengde said:
This is sort of a sequel to that Mabinogi.
Prequel actually, well from a storyline perspective. Though I know what you were saying.

Anyway, I've played Magnobi, and it was indeed balls. I've played Vindictus, and it was not balls. Where is my cookie?

Lebron

I'm going to roll with Fiona till Evie is made available. I rather just sit back and heal people due to laziness :p

1stStrike

Banned
Lebron said:
Prequel actually, well from a storyline perspective. Though I know what you were saying.

Anyway, I've played Magnobi, and it was indeed balls. I've played Vindictus, and it was not balls. Where is my cookie?

Here you go.

darth-vader-cookie.jpg

Crakatak187 said:
I might have to get a second headset. The one in the house is being used by my brother for WOW.

Yes, you need to get a headset. There's going to be much hilarity in our vent. Though, do note that all 3 of us work at a web hosting company, so expect a lot of geekery going on. :

Max said:
Stoked to play this tomorrow. Fiona Paladin here I come.

I'm going with Fiona too. Probably Paladin too (once it's released down the road).

Lebron said:
Anyway, I've played Magnobi, and it was indeed balls. I've played Vindictus, and it was not balls.

This quote should be added to the OP.

From experience I find betas to be more fun then the official game for F2P MMOs.

Dungeon Fighter Online is still fun. I think these games requires skills, so while having better stuff is good, if you suck at the game, you'll still get your ass kicked.

1stStrike

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
Well I found a temporary solution until I get another headset. PS EYE connected to the PS3 to use as a mic.

lol oh boy, so it'll be just like BC2 again where I get to listen to all your background noise :lol

Lebron

1stStrike said:
That's pretty lame. I never do that shit. Probably shouldn't give people ideas either :eek:
Yeah I know, I'm just bored. Game probably won't be up till the afternoon, so I need to find some enjoyment. Some of those future raid boss battles look crazy.

1stStrike

Banned
Lebron said:
Yeah I know, I'm just bored. Game probably won't be up till the afternoon, so I need to find some enjoyment. Some of those future raid boss battles look crazy.

Like this one?

I'm just trying to hold off and I don't want to spoil the game for myself. I hope they don't wait till the afternoon to get it up, though. I have to be to work at 6 am on thursday, so that would suck if it was later in the day :|

Lebron

Yeah, I've seen that one, it's pretty crazy. But I was more talking about some of the newer ones that came with the Ep 6 update in Korea. They have a trailer, but I won't spoil it for you :p

As far as the afternoon things goes, I'm just going by how long it took them to get the CB servers online. They are going to get flooded like crazy tomorrow with all the keys they gave out.

1stStrike

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
What class are you guys going to be?

Fiona (tank). I'm hoping they release Evie with the CB/OB so we can have 3 different classes in our group. It'd kind of suck if we had 3 people and only 2 classes.

Belfast

Where would one pre-load the client? The button on the official site just gives me a "coming soon" message (unless that's changed?).

Jezan

Sectus said:
I just hope they don't block non-US IPs :<
I will download it after we get an official word on this. I mean the ip-block stuff is just a rumor, but after DFO I don't trust Nexon

1stStrike

Banned
Even if they block IP's, there's a number of proxy software out there which can get you around it in a couple of clicks. You may get a bit of added latency as a result, but it's a lot easier now to get around IP blocks then it was say several years back when I was doing it for the RF Online Korean beta :p

PounchEnvy said:
Yeah I'm conflicted. I love to counter attacks but I also love speedy characters. Hmmm but Lann's dodging is freaking awesome and a good alternative to countering.

Armor and shield gets destroyed and falls off after being hit a certain amount of time. Does blocking count though? If it does, I think I know why they made the female character the more heavily armored character.

Top Bottom