• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Ryuuga

Banned
Glad to see that this game is getting a lot more attention. I would have posted about this game a while back, but considering how GAF normally responds to F2P MMOs I didn't want to go down that road. I was elated when I finally saw a thread about it (posted by Tekno) a while back, but even then it was met with a lukewarm reception. I'd like to reiterate that I'm glad people have become more accepting of this title and I'm looking forward to playing with you all tomorrow.

Here are a couple videos I found interesting:
PVP (Capture mode)
Updated Skills (June '10)

1stStrike

Banned
Ryuuga said:
Glad to see that this game is getting a lot more attention. I would have posted about this game a while back, but considering how GAF normally responds to F2P MMOs I didn't want to go down that road. I was elated when I finally saw a thread about it (posted by Tekno) a while back, but even then it was met with a lukewarm reception. I'd like to reiterate that I'm glad people have become more accepting of this title and I'm looking forward to playing with you all tomorrow.

PVP (Capture mode)

Whether P2P or F2P, a good game is a good game. I'm really looking forward to it and I hope that we're not going to be TOO far behind Korea in getting content for it.

Also, I'm totally looking forward to Fiona's charge skill. That looks like it'll be some great crowd control. Paladan and Dark Knight need to come this way too.

Ryuuga said:

The other thread exploded in 1 day when the beta codes came out. It was barely 2 pages in the morning but was at around 9 or 10 pages by night time. I think everyone in GAF was secretly watching this game and didn't say anything until we had something more tangible to judge.

Lebron

Crakatak187 said:
I guess I'll be dying a lot unless I master it.
Most of time they would get stuck in their combos and wouldn't dodge away when they needed to. I don't know if you're allowed to cancel combos once they are started, never played with him.

1stStrike

Banned
I've noticed in a lot of videos that people will start a decent distance from the boss or mobs, get their combos started and then hit them with a stronger attack and dodge out of the way or block, depending on the character.

1stStrike

Banned
It'll probably not be up till late morning or early afternoon, more then likely. If it comes out in the afternoon I'm going to be sad, because I want to sink like 12 hours into this since I start work again on Thursday :|

1stStrike

Banned
Dresden said:
So... Evie isn't out for this beta? Nooooooo. I don't like melee meatbags.

We honestly have no idea yet... they haven't announced it. We'll see when it goes live. I don't see any reason why they should be withholding Evie at this point.

1stStrike

Banned
Weird. It loads fine for me :eek:

Btw, here's the answer for those interested in IP blocks, courtesy of the Nexon forums:

adminanswer.jpg

Jerk

Banned
Ryuuga said:

PVP (Capture mode)

PVP looks like crap :(

desverger

IP block for Europeans? What a load of rubbish. Welcome to 2010, lol.

Unless that GM was completely misinformed. Guess I'll have to see for myself.

Acosta

Shit, I forgot this is a Nexon game, I can't fucking believe they have not sorted the European thing, how stupid they can be? There are a ton of MMO players here, it's money left on table. I have been wanting to play the beat'em up MMO for months.

Meh, I got a key and downloaded the client, what a waste, will try anyway.

1stStrike

Banned
The fact that they're running on PST time is going to suck for us EST people. Game server going up later in the day, server maintenance during our prime time hours, etc. :|

Shanadeus

Banned
Okay, I can't create an account on that proXPN thingy. "Could not create accont, possibly due to network connection failure"

Now what?

Shanadeus said:
Okay, I can't create an account on that proXPN thingy. "Could not create accont, possibly due to network connection failure"

Now what?

Go to their site and register an account. I had the same trouble before by doing it through the program, so I signed up on their site instead. Not sure if it's still like that since it happened to be long ago, but your problem sounds identical to mine.

Shanadeus

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
Go to their site and register an account. I had the same trouble before by doing it through the program, so I signed up on their site instead. Not sure if it's still like that since it happened to be long ago, but your problem sounds identical to mine.
Aha, that worked thanks!
Is a bit slower than unproxified connection but it's bearable, hopefully it won't be too slow for Vindictus.

1stStrike

Banned
Shanadeus said:
Aha, that worked thanks!
Is a bit slower than unproxified connection but it's bearable, hopefully it won't be too slow for Vindictus.

I'd suggest trying it without the proxy first just in case. If it turns out you're blocked, then at least you're prepared.

Personally, I just want the frigging game to start. :( My day off is wasting away and I've got some tanking to do.

Thanks, but i've got a 64-bit system and it's not compatible. I'mn gonna try socks 5 cap, but I think the free trial is limited time on that. Hopefully it works in the same way. I'll report back when I've finished downloading and installing the game :p.

1stStrike

Banned
:\

I thought I'd maybe take a nap or something, but it's a no go. I'm wide awake. So, I guess I'll watch a movie. It's actually cold outside today, so I'd rather just look at the blue sky outside the window rather then go out there and freeze my ass off.

Lebron

1stStrike said:
:\

I thought I'd maybe take a nap or something, but it's a no go. I'm wide awake. So, I guess I'll watch a movie. It's actually cold outside today, so I'd rather just look at the blue sky outside the window rather then go out there and freeze my ass off.
You really want to play, huh? :p

Though if I hadn't already gotten my taste earlier, I'd be doing the same thing :lol

1stStrike

Banned
Lebron said:
You really want to play, huh? :p

Though if I hadn't already gotten my taste earlier, I'd be doing the same thing :lol

I'm impatient. It's a character flaw. :lol

Also, I haven't played an MMO in like a year and a half.

Sectus

*twiddles thumbs*

Well gee, still no servers, eh?

Maybe we should do something more productive in the meantime, like get to know eachother. Like... who's that girl in your avatar, Lebron?

1stStrike

Banned
GhostRidah said:
I hope gaf uses it so we can all goof around when the game is up.

Anyone know how long this beta phase is?

We'll see once the server goes up I guess. Right now there's just 3 of us bsing (my peeps from work). The vent info is at the bottom of the OP.

Top Bottom