• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Gah, been using this time to catch up on Mad Men, but now I'm up to date. What to do, what to do.

FinKL said:
They are shooting for 3-5 PST in case anyone wanted a better window...

So that means around midnight here in Sweden. Perfect.

1stStrike

Banned
Yeah, I just saw that. Why the hell is this shit so late in the day? I have to work at 6 am in the morning so that's going to be like 6 pm - 8 pm for me. I'll barely be able to get into the game and have to go to bed =\

1stStrike said:
We'll see once the server goes up I guess. Right now there's just 3 of us bsing (my peeps from work). The vent info is at the bottom of the OP.
Going to go out and get some lunch, will be on vent later for sure.

1stStrike

Banned
Lebron said:
Teehee, I told you. Nexon will never change!

It just doesn't make any sense to release at the END of the business day on release day. I mean, the servers have been down for weeks, so wtf is the hold up? It's not like they have to do a whole lot of debugging since they're probably just getting content from Korea and localizing it like Codemasters did with RF Online.

Xamdou

Bah was planning to play this today but it looks like it is time to finish Halo Reach SP until they open up the servers for Vindictus :O!

Banned
1stStrike said:
It just doesn't make any sense to release at the END of the business day on release day. I mean, the servers have been down for weeks, so wtf is the hold up? It's not like they have to do a whole lot of debugging since they're probably just getting content from Korea and localizing it like Codemasters did with RF Online.
Yeah why release the game at the end of the business day when millions of children and teenagers are out of school for the day across the country.

1stStrike

Banned
Yeah why release the game at the end of the business day when millions of children and teenagers are out of school for the day across the country.

You know that doesn't really matter since there'd be thousands of people on the server within minutes of it going live regardless. I believe this game caters more to adults then kids anyway.

Xiaoki

Its an open beta to a free to play, having "millions of children and teenagers" flood the servers would actually hurt them.

Mareg

Are we gonna play the upgraded version ?

eXtreme Edition
On July 15, 2010, an alternative version of Mabinogi Heroes was announced for Korea. It is known as the eXtreme Edition, and often referred to as Mabinogi Heroes XE and abbreviated MHXE. The game itself is the same but the eXtreme Edition offers upgraded combat. Based on existing high-quality movements in Mabinogi: Heroes, Mabinogi: Heroes XE will present splendid and unrestrained movements more in line with the public's taste. Moreover, it will start off from a new server instead of being an update for the original Mabinogi: Heroes. Players can choose the normal server or XE server according to their interests. Currently, characters in the two different servers cannot be shared, but character transfer service will be provided in the future.

Differences Between the Two Versions
Compared with Mabinogi: Heroes, Mabinogi: Heroes XE has the following major differences :

A jumping system will be added. With the help of it, players can easily jump over small monsters and traps. Players will be able to strike monsters to the sky. In the game, players can take specific actions to hit the enemy up into the sky and launch combo attacks. A combo system will be added. If players succeed in attacking the enemy continuously without being interrupted, they will gain combo points. When their combo points meet a high requirement, they can use a designated skill to deal extra damage. In the game, players can jump over small monsters and traps, lift up small and medium monsters and launch combo attacks, use the XE Skill to unleash AOE attacks to surrounding monsters at the cost of their own HP. Additionally, the game differs Mabinogi: Heroes in faster movement speed and higher damage of common attacks.

Korean Release
Mabinogi Heroes eXtreme Edition debuted in Korea on July 22, 2010​

.... I guess not judging by the date it was released in Korea.
Oh well, still sounds like an awesome game.

1stStrike

Banned
Mareg said:
Are we gonna play the upgraded version ?

eXtreme Edition
On July 15, 2010, an alternative version of Mabinogi Heroes was announced for Korea. It is known as the eXtreme Edition, and often referred to as Mabinogi Heroes XE and abbreviated MHXE. The game itself is the same but the eXtreme Edition offers upgraded combat. Based on existing high-quality movements in Mabinogi: Heroes, Mabinogi: Heroes XE will present splendid and unrestrained movements more in line with the public's taste. Moreover, it will start off from a new server instead of being an update for the original Mabinogi: Heroes. Players can choose the normal server or XE server according to their interests. Currently, characters in the two different servers cannot be shared, but character transfer service will be provided in the future.

Differences Between the Two Versions
Compared with Mabinogi: Heroes, Mabinogi: Heroes XE has the following major differences :

A jumping system will be added. With the help of it, players can easily jump over small monsters and traps. Players will be able to strike monsters to the sky. In the game, players can take specific actions to hit the enemy up into the sky and launch combo attacks. A combo system will be added. If players succeed in attacking the enemy continuously without being interrupted, they will gain combo points. When their combo points meet a high requirement, they can use a designated skill to deal extra damage. In the game, players can jump over small monsters and traps, lift up small and medium monsters and launch combo attacks, use the XE Skill to unleash AOE attacks to surrounding monsters at the cost of their own HP. Additionally, the game differs Mabinogi: Heroes in faster movement speed and higher damage of common attacks.

Korean Release
Mabinogi Heroes eXtreme Edition debuted in Korea on July 22, 2010​

.... I guess not judging by the date it was released in Korea.
Oh well, still sounds like an awesome game.

They've said that we're going to get an accelerated release schedule, so we won't have to wait as long for content as the Koreans have, but we'll still have to wait. XE does sound awesome and I'd hop onto that in a heart beat. I see the current version as a good way to practice and get schooled up for XE.

hopefully we can use the CB client to play, the Vindictus homepage has the Download Vindictus button, and if you click it, a pop up says "Coming Soon!"

1stStrike

Banned
metamonk said:
is this beta phase rolling over to live at the end?

The characters you make now will roll all the way over to when the game goes live. Already confirmed.

If anyone needs the client you can download it directly via the link at the bottom of the OP.

vehn

Hope evie is available to play. Sorta lame to have so few classes when you don't even need to have that much balance between them

I think those of us who live in the East Coast will go to the that server while the West Coast gaffers will go there. That's what I assume anyway.

Just post your character when you get it. People are bound to run into each other.

1stStrike

Banned
Once the server goes up I'm going to create a topic in the online meetups section and link to it here with the server, vent info and my username.

Shanadeus

Banned
vehn said:
Hope evie is available to play. Sorta lame to have so few classes when you don't even need to have that much balance between them
I think it's a bit lame that classes are actually characters, and of particular genders. Does that mean that you'll be pretty limited in terms of facial looks and so?
And if not, why make the class specific characters when they can be customized to the extent of looking like someone else?

Gender locking is so confusing.

1stStrike

Banned
Shanadeus said:
I think it's a bit lame that classes are actually characters, and of particular genders. Does that mean that you'll be pretty limited in terms of facial looks and so?
And if not, why make the class specific characters when they can be customized to the extent of looking like someone else?

Gender locking is so confusing.

Yeah, they're gender locked, but see the OP. There's a lot of customization that can be done and each time you create a character it's randomly generated, so while your "Fiona" is always a woman, you shouldn't have too many that look alike. Even all of the clothes/armor are dyable. You can even pick the panties they wear!

"I think it's a bit lame that classes are actually characters, and of particular genders. Does that mean that you'll be pretty limited in terms of facial looks and so?
And if not, why make the class specific characters when they can be customized to the extent of looking like someone else?"

They have at least a couple different faces per character and you can change hair/hair color/skin tone.

Shanadeus

Banned
1stStrike said:
Yeah, they're gender locked, but see the OP. There's a lot of customization that can be done and each time you create a character it's randomly generated, so while your "Fiona" is always a woman, you shouldn't have too many that look alike. Even all of the clothes/armor are dyable. You can even pick the panties they wear!
That's such a confusing game decision though!
You have different looking characters, even if they're the same "person", yet you won't create an opposite sex skin/model for each class? I'm sure they could reuse part of the model associated with the male classes.

It's not really a problem, it just makes little sense.

Dresden

So the CB client works, right? It's downloading pretty fast and I'd rather not download again.

And East it will be.

Agreed, it's a very strange way of doing it tbh. Maybe it's important to the story line or something. :s

Bring the servers up already!

1stStrike

Banned
Maleficence said:
Agreed, it's a very strange way of doing it tbh. Maybe it's important to the story line or something. :s

Bring the servers up already!

Yes, each character is part of the storyline. The game will have cutscenes as well. It's all following the story. I honestly don't see how it's confusing.

FinKL

How will the servers work? Characters are tied to specific servers ala Diablo 2, or you can make a character and chose the server every time you login?

klez

Shanadeus said:
That's such a confusing game decision though!
You have different looking characters, even if they're the same "person", yet you won't create an opposite sex skin/model for each class? I'm sure they could reuse part of the model associated with the male classes.

It's not really a problem, it just makes little sense.

The game is more of a pre-sequel to the other mmo Mabinogi so there are references to that game and I suppose they use set characters to flush out the quest and storyline a bit better. I do expect a well expanded storyline and background just because they did a pretty go job with Mabinogi's story.

Kuran

Banned
My brother said he already downloaded the beta from the website, but the server is offline? Was he mistaking? I can't find any link..

Ryuuga

Banned
f5.gif

Dreavus

Not... online... yet....

DAMN IT, I'll have to wait until later tonight. I was hoping to try it out a bit before class but it looks like that's not going to happen. D:

Top Bottom