• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

1stStrike

Banned
Leatherface said:
btw- 1ststrike- those pics you posted look amazing. I haven't yet gone to the second boat dungeons, but now I'm totally excited! :D

:D It's good fun.

Heres a video of me and Nancy (Hazaro on Neogaf) with some randoms vs the polar bear. Not our best fight (we didn't get the eye this time) but it was still fun. As you can see, I'm pretty shitty with spears though :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtIkuU9zM3o

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It's actually under 9 minutes, but no sound since I didn't check where it was recording sound from.

It's unexciting but I do land some nice spears.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Anyone having trouble spearing I made this.

Right = 1 (Stand semi-close to bait this)
Left = 2
Roar = 3

Pretty sure anyway... 2 swings puts him at a new angle so you want to head left of where he swung first.

These were back to back, but to cut down size I left out my awesomeness.
2cxajrl.gif

1stStrike

Banned
Hazaro said:

Left = 2
Roar = 3

Pretty sure anyway... 2 swings puts him at a new angle so you want to head left of where he swung first.

2cxajrl.gif

You're pretty godly with a spear. I always end up on the wrong side of him and when I do get it aligned with his fast I tend to hit too far to the right (aka his other eye) or I time it wrong and hit his body or miss completely :|

I took a nap (my right eye is having issues atm) but I'll be on for a bit longer.

Edit: Wtf?? I logged in and there's nothing in the mailbox for either of my characters. Has anyone else lost their shit?

Right now I have a choice of heavy armor and light armor for Fiona. I'm in the ice place. What should I go for? There's the Kobold Set and Northern Pike set to choose from. I only have my Crimson Rage set right now.

1stStrike

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
Right now I have a choice of heavy armor and light armor for Fiona. I'm in the ice place. What should I go for? There's the Kobold Set and Northern Pike set to choose from. I only have my Crimson Rage set right now.

Max out your armor skill to lower the weight penalty and then go heavy armor. Best stats atm for Fiona. Though, the next armor set savage leather which is better then the northern pike set - however, later on heavy armor and plate armor will be far better then light armor for Fiona so don't waste too many points on light.

Mairu

Hazaro said:

Left = 2
Roar = 3

2cxajrl.gif
We should do some more later tonight and you can make like a ten minute youtube video showing spears consecutively in all the poses he makes :lol
And then I can get the kill polar bear in the eye title... unless its not a (P) title :(

1stStrike

Banned
Mairu said:
We should do some more later tonight and you can make like a ten minute youtube video showing spears consecutively in all the poses he makes :lol
And then I can get the kill polar bear in the eye title... unless its not a (P) title :(

I'm down for more polar bear so lemme know when you guys go. I'm just hitting up solo missions atm so I can get some more AP.

Btw, yeah, mail is messed up atm. Slow to load and slow to send/receive stuff.

I still have a shit ton of fire spirit remnants if anyone needs any on West.

Sectus

I hope the stuff I had in my inbox isn't completely lost. I had 48k and 3 life spirits waiting to be picked up. I need it for my sweetie bear set :<

1stStrike said:
Max out your armor skill to lower the weight penalty and then go heavy armor. Best stats atm for Fiona. Though, the next armor set savage leather which is better then the northern pike set - however, later on heavy armor and plate armor will be far better then light armor for Fiona so don't waste too many points on light.

Damn, I just wasted some on light.

Sectus said:
I hope the stuff I had in my inbox isn't completely lost. I had 48k and 3 life spirits waiting to be picked up. I need it for my sweetie bear set :<
Just make sure to delete old mail you dont need.

Sectus

Counterattack = most satisfying skill ever. I just beat the kobold chief with a counter attack while my shield broke. Super epic! I think this game has the most satisfying block system I've seen in a game. I like that there's a degree of challenge to it.

Cloudius12 said:
Just make sure to delete old mail you dont need.
Right now I'm not even seeing anything in my inbox and outbox. I had been making sure to delete old mail, so I wasn't near my limit.

Mairu

Man, I was hoping they would have started maintenance/fixed some of the issues by the time I got out of class :|

I'll be on anyways to see if it's possible to get anything done.

1stStrike

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
The items I never received is the Night Shade, 4 of them. I need it for the title so I can power up my Wil for critical hits.

I think I have some you can have. Lemme check and see if I can log back in.

Edit: Yeah I have 4. I'll mail them to you when the mail system stops being crappy

1stStrike

Banned
Mairu said:
Comcast service completely down, sorry guys :(

Comcast says it should be back up... in about 3 hours :|

Ah that sucks man :( We've just been duoing. I'll be in bed by the time your net is back up, so we'll have to hit it again after I'm off work tomorrow.

Ah, how the hell you you get 120 BT for the Western Hoarforst route? I can't access the stage to get the crazy old guy another slingshot or whatever the fuck he wants. I killed both of the fake bosses in that route and I'm still off by 10 point!

1stStrike

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
Ah, how the hell you you get 120 BT for the Western Hoarforst route? I can't access the stage to get the crazy old guy another slingshot or whatever the fuck he wants. I killed both of the fake bosses in that route and I'm still off by 10 point!

Just scope out the battle conditions at the end and you'll know what you need to do to get it.

How does this run on a laptop? It doesn't look too demanding. I have an Nvidia G 210M 512 if anyone can compare.

Also, does it have cloud saves if I want to play on my desktop and later on my laptop?

prodystopian said:
How does this run on a laptop? It doesn't look too demanding. I have an Nvidia G 210M 512 if anyone can compare.

Also, does it have cloud saves if I want to play on my desktop and later on my laptop?

Hmm, don't know much about mobile GPU, especially the way Nvidia likes to change shit around. It might be able to handle it.

As for saves, I don't know. I assume it's saved on their servers, but this is a completely baseless speculation.

Velion

prodystopian said:

It should run okay on that since I've seen people running it with Intel GMA gpu's, after all its source engine and everything is saved server side.

zsswimmer

prodystopian said:

Well I'm not sure about the 210m specs but I can run it maxed on a gtx 260m 1gb. aa and af maxed too.

It runs decently on my laptop with a lot of the effects turned down, I get about 40-50 fps.. I have a mobile radeon for the chipset. When I get home I'll type out the specs, it's a dual core Toshiba laptop.

Otherwise I play on my main box which is 4gb ram/quad core 2.3mhz and Radeon 4850 and I pull 55-60 most of the time.

Shanadeus

Banned
I've given up on trying to enter the game through proxies, I think they've completely locked that down.

Guess I'll just have to wait for the European beta :(

prodystopian said:

Should run pretty well on that Laptop. My laptop is running 8400m Gt(which is pretty horrible now days), and it still running decent on mid-low settings

Shanadeus said:
I've given up on trying to enter the game through proxies, I think they've completely locked that down.

Have you tried using Hot Spot Shield? I heard it worked for other games with IP block. Its a free program.

Shanadeus said:

Just now I've been playing with no problems, check your PM in a few minutes ;)

Poyunch

Man so awesome. After so much grinding and surviving I can forged my Red Swords. And the best part is... they're blue!!!!! I've never seen this before but it's awesome!

Sectus

prodystopian said:

All save data is on Nexon's servers so you can bounce between computers if you want.

1stStrike

Banned
PounchEnvy said:
Man so awesome. After so much grinding and surviving I can forged my Red Swords. And the best part is... they're blue!!!!! I've never seen this before but it's awesome!

Wow, I hate you. I forged two red swords and they both turned out... red! What a disappointment :lol

Mairu

1stStrike said:
Wow, I hate you. I forged two red swords and they both turned out... red! What a disappointment :lol
I've made like 3-5 Twin swords and they've all been red. I bought blue/purples ones off the marketplace :|

Top Bottom