• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

BTW, is it true that the full release is going to include music for the dungeons? They could definitely afford to have some music in those dungeons. The boss theme's pretty epic and I want to hear more.

1stStrike

Banned
Cow Mengde said:
BTW, is it true that the full release is going to include music for the dungeons? They could definitely afford to have some music in those dungeons. The boss theme's pretty epic and I want to hear more.

I hope so... I'd like some more music too, but I do have my own that I listen to regularly.

Poyunch

Oh there are purple swords?!?! I just wanna see what they look like.

3PtYX.jpg

Oh yeah!

I also somehow made it so my helmet doesn't appear outside of battle. I remember that because my mouse stop registering and I couldn't control my character and I just started spamming my keyboard. How do you turn this on and off? I sort of like it this way though.

PounchEnvy said:
Oh there are purple swords?!?! I just wanna see what they look like.

3PtYX.jpg

Oh yeah!

I also somehow made it so my helmet doesn't appear outside of battle. I remember that because my mouse stop registering and I couldn't control my character and I just started spamming my keyboard. How do you turn this on and off? I sort of like it this way though.

Oh shit, that was you? I saw someone with that name the other day, but I was busy getting on a boat and didn't get a chance to ask.

Is anyone aware of the price points when this game goes live? What's going to be limited to micro-transactions? I'm becoming pretty attached to the game but will be put off if I'm required to spend lots of money just to keep up.

RadicalRad said:
Is anyone aware of the price points when this game goes live? What's going to be limited to micro-transactions? I'm becoming pretty attached to the game but will be put off if I'm required to spend lots of money just to keep up.
When that happens I'm quitting that's for sure.

Brannon

Okay, so I earned the Indomitable Item Fighter title, and the game says for me to go back to Marrec, but every time I select that story option, he just goes on about not picking up heavy items. How do I get the game to recognize that I earned the title? This could also be a beta bug, I think.

No_Style

So my bro and I have a network related problem.

The game runs fine until we enter a dungeon. Then who ever is not host gets 2 bars max while the host is at 100%. It's barely playable.

Is this our problem or a server problem? This doesn't happen for any other game, only Vindictus.

Stupid lag.

Velion

No_Style said:

The game runs fine until we enter a dungeon. Then who ever is not host gets 2 bars max while the host is at 100%. It's barely playable.

Is this our problem or a server problem? This doesn't happen for any other game, only Vindictus.

Stupid lag.
Server problem at the moment, Nexon can't seem to keep the servers stable for over 24 hrs.

No_Style

Velion said:
Server problem at the moment, Nexon can't seem to keep the servers stable for over 24 hrs.

Really?

I didn't think it was me because it was happening for several days in a row. I guess I'll just have to tough it out...

Sectus

Rawr!
counterattack-final0-07-08-03.jpg

No_Style said:

Stupid lag.
The game is player hosted, but all the data still has to go through the Nexon servers, so even if you're playing with a friend on the same network, the Nexon servers might add a ton of lag.

The Nexon servers has been all over the place lately. It varies for each player too which I find weird. Earlier today it was perfect for me and a friend, but another friend kept being disconnected all the time and got insane amount of lag in any server.

Lets post our user name and server we play in kind of like how the BFBC2 groups formed up.

West: Berserkhobo

Edit: Holy Crap Nexon actually gave my money back on the items that never got to me in the mail and gave me the items. Too bad I don't need it anymore thank you Strike.

Sectus

RadicalRad said:
I don't think they've announced how it'll work for the English version.

From what I've read, in the Korean version you'll have to pay for tokens. You get 50 tokens free every Monday and Friday, but besides that you have to pay for new ones. That seems a bit extreme to me. Maybe bearable if tokens aren't shared between characters on an account. I think there's also other random items you can pay with real money.

I'd personally like to see microtransactions which are basically one-time fees to access stuff. For instance I wouldn't mind paying something like 5-10 dollars per episode so I get unlimited access to them.

Mairu

In the KR version you pay for Platinum tokens which missions only require 1 to use and also give you a little bit of LUK as well. There's also cosmetic stuff to buy

Poyunch

I'm glad I wasn't online yesterday. The mailbox incident sounds like the worst thing so far to happen, imo.

Mairu said:
:(
I've lost count of how many times I've leveled to 26 and I STILL need Copper Ore from Kobold Chief

Sectus

PounchEnvy said:
I'm glad I wasn't online yesterday. The mailbox incident sounds like the worst thing so far to happen, imo.
That was a bit frustrating, but at least they fixed it completely. I lost no mails or items, and I just recieved a bunch of mails with various amounts of gold for mails sent during the time the mailbox wasn't working. I'm not sure what those are for, but I'm guessing it's for items I had on the marketplace.

Mairu

avfy3a.png

Man, I craft a billion swords and all I get are red. I've bought purplish blue but this guy had the coolest Twin Swords I've seen so far :(

Xamdou

I crafted the twin red metal sword once and it turned out purple! :lol

Was wanting blue but Mace Windu lightsaber purple color is just too awesome! :D

You guys sure love your colors.

PounchEnvy said:

I wish I spent more the other day because Nexon refunded the money and gave the items to me.

I could have gotten more free items!

1stStrike

Banned
Crakatak187 said:
You guys sure love your colors.

I wish I spent more the other day because Nexon refunded the money and gave the items to me.

I could have gotten more free items!

I can't wait for dyes. I like looking unique :|

Leatherface

I'm hearing some disappointing things about what Nexon's plans are for Vindictus after it launches. Suff like 3 game play hour limits before getting charged. Limited dungeon runs before having to purchase tokens to play. blah blah blah.

Don't get me wrong, I understand a company has to make money, but I'd rather pay a subscription than have to deal with measures that limit my enjoyment unless I do micro transactions. This could literally kill an otherwise amazing game for me. :(

"Limited dungeon runs before having to purchase tokens to play. blah blah blah. "

This is how it's supposed to work, though currently they seem to be refilling tokens willy nilly, assumedly for the beta phase. At any rate, there's a limited amount of times you can run a dungeon before you run out of tokens and tokens refill every monday and friday (at least for the Korean version). Dunno about the other stuff as I hadn't heard anything of the sort happening in the korean version like the 3 hour time limits.

Leatherface

Teknopathetic said:
"Limited dungeon runs before having to purchase tokens to play. blah blah blah. "

This is how it's supposed to work, though currently they seem to be refilling tokens willy nilly, assumedly for the beta phase. At any rate, there's a limited amount of times you can run a dungeon before you run out of tokens and tokens refill every monday and friday (at least for the Korean version). Dunno about the other stuff as I hadn't heard anything of the sort happening in the korean version like the 3 hour time limits.

I guess I didn't realize this was the direction they were taking. I have to admit I knew nothing of this game until like a week ago. The token system isn't too terrible because there are ways around it, but I'm a little disappointed by this system on a whole. I really love this game and I'd honestly rather pay a subscription than have to deal with some of the supposed limitations I'm hearing about (guess we'll have to wait and see what pans out). Hopefully when the game releases there will be various options of service for gamers. I really hate micro transactions and if it gets in the way of my game play experience, I'm (reluctantly) bailing out. :(

Since you have experience with the Korean version, can you tell me how the system worked there? What did they charge money for besides cosmetic type stuff? Was the token system a pain to work around? Thanks!

TheExodu5

Banned
You still get to run 25 dungeons during the week, and 25 dungeons during the weekend with the amount of tokens they give. Seems like a lot to me. I guess it sucks for those 5 minute dungeons though.

"Since you have experience with the Korean version, can you tell me how the system worked there? What did they charge money for besides cosmetic type stuff? Was the token system a pain to work around? Thanks!"

No experience, only things I've read from players of the Korean version. It worked as I mentioned and as you see in game. You have an allotment of tokens and the boats past the first boat require tokens for every dungeon run and they get replenished a few times a week. I don't believe tokens were explicitly purchasable in the Korean version. You can earn some tokens through turning in the seals of dedication you get from resurrecting party members and such. Not sure what else they sold in the cash shop besides the cosmetic stuff. I do know that there were gripes about the token system because it is fairly limiting.

Leatherface

Like TheExodu5 said, some of those dungeons are literally 5 minutes long though so I can see how tokens can be used up quickly. Anyway, this is what I read (not sure how true this is):

"
I'm gonna laugh when....

...October 6th comes around and players realize that:

If they wanna play for more than 3 hours a day, they're gonna be paying $2/hour.
Buying stuff in the cash shop increases certain stats on your character.
You can buy anything on the market for real money (by selling premium tokens).
You can pay to have unlimited lives (goddess grace)."

This could very well be just some doom and gloom forum troll for all I know, but it definately made me wonder. :(

Leatherface

Another quote regarding tokens:

"I think a better route to go with tokens would be to sell plat tokens for access to a special dock where cash players can get rare gear drops or something as opposed to buying tokens simply to play at all. I am not a hardcore gamer by any means but i can tell you 50 tokens on Monday would be gone by Tuesday with a 3 day wait for the weekend only to run out again Friday night, this is gonna get old fast.

Players that are in the game playing seeing things they want are more likely to spend real money than those unable to play at all for 3-4 days at a crack cause they ran out of tokens, they will just find something else to play."

I definitely agree with the getting old fast part. :(

jediyoshi

Protip for anyone just starting out Hoarfrost.

vindictus2010-09-2003-tifw.jpg

When you see this trap, don't rush and fight the Kobolds at the end. You will set off the trap.

And kill everyone behind you.

jediyoshi

Cow Mengde said:
The trap is set off by the lever. You can kill the Kobold with it if you hit the lever when they're under it.

That's my point, if people were more aware they'd just stack up in front of the trap and use it properly. In the process of trying to rush the enemies, people always swing too close to the lever and are completely oblivious to it. I see it so often I just sit back now and watch the hilarity ensue.

anyone else not able to access the Market Place? It is just a blank screen to me everytime I access it.
EDIT: Fixed by going into window mode >.<

Game seem to work better in window mode. At least for the Market to load.

1stStrike

Banned
jediyoshi said:
That's my point, if people were more aware they'd just stack up in front of the trap and use it properly. In the process of trying to rush the enemies, people always swing too close to the lever and are completely oblivious to it. I see it so often I just sit back now and watch the hilarity ensue.

I'll admit, I sometimes set off traps on purpose for fun. Just like when me, Crak and Mairu were running hoarfrost on no potions + hard and I cut the bridge as they were running across it :lol

eek5

jediyoshi said:
Protip for anyone just starting out Hoarfrost.

vindictus010-09-2003-tifw.jpg

When you see this trap, don't rush and fight the Kobolds at the end. You will set off the trap.

And kill everyone behind you.

lol i just sit back and then kill my 3 teammates to cash in on 3 seals

1stStrike said:
I'll admit, I sometimes set off traps on purpose for fun. Just like when me, Crak and Mairu were running hoarfrost on no potions + hard and I cut the bridge as they were running across it :lol
Yeah you bastard :lol

Mairu

Platinum tokens can be purchased with NX. You only need one to run a dungeon, and they provide a small amount of LUK. I believe they also can be sold on the marketplace. Cosmetic features are also available for NX (at least in the KR version). Stuff like bikinis & shit. I don't really like the token system if it's going to be only M/F.

Top Bottom