• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vindictus |OT| - Auto-attacks are out, ass kicking is in.

Completely new to the game, so are those items off steam worth it? Well I know the storage one would be pretty useful.

What is inner armor? bonus stats? so lost lol

Completely new to the game, so are those items off steam worth it? Well I know the storage one would be pretty useful.

iirc the perm hair piece comes with luck bonus. The inner armor is just for looks.

The permanent storage is definitely useful.

jediyoshi

Yeah, permanent storage is what you want. It's a weird choice though. 3 more slots is a bit overkill, but seeing as the price on the actual store is $10.90 for just one it's a tossup.

It boils down mostly to convenience, anytime you pick up something and you're full, it just hops onto your mailbox anyway.

XtremeCacher

Neo Member
Got to play around in the second season a lil bit today for the first time really, and its umm, well, its different, hope to have a more of an in depth idea on it tomorrow.

Really liking Kai, but the thing I hate about him at the moment is that I run out of stamina too fast, maybe it gets better, I am only level 18 but I am thinking about changing to another character who can attack at all times lol

Really liking Kai, but the thing I hate about him at the moment is that I run out of stamina too fast, maybe it gets better, I am only level 18 but I am thinking about changing to another character who can attack at all times lol

Well you can, level up Battle Respiration, it helps alot for Kai.

jediyoshi

did a silly amount of grinding and got to 53 so i could finally equip the first half of the butterfly set
seeing the level 70+ vellas hopping around makes me feel a little better about myself

vindictus-2012-12-22-htuft.jpg

been getting connection problems alllll over the place lately :<

Setsuna

Finally crafting gears for expertise

making huge losses

instead get undercut by large amounts of money to the point where the item is not worth crafting

OatmealMu

Saw the game on Steam and decided to download it again -- haven't played for a year or two. Apparently, they made some changes to the marketplace and... I'm not sure what they did exactly. Anyway, I now have 11 million gold which, I'm sure, is nothing these days.

What's the current hotness for staff Evies? I'm sitting at level 67, with Temptress armor and a +3 Rakum Rakish. It wasn't top of the line stuff when I stopped playing, but I never felt weak. Guess I'll check the Vindictus DB...

Saw the game on Steam and decided to download it again -- haven't played for a year or two. Apparently, they made some changes to the marketplace and... I'm not sure what they did exactly. Anyway, I now have 11 million gold which, I'm sure, is nothing these days.

What's the current hotness for staff Evies? I'm sitting at level 67, with Temptress armor and a +3 Rakum Rakish. It wasn't top of the line stuff when I stopped playing, but I never felt weak. Guess I'll check the Vindictus DB...

Well theres 3 categories for the best

Wonderland armor is the hotness for 60 evies. and i don't know about staffs i guess whichever one tickles your fancy.

OatmealMu

Well theres 3 categories for the best

Wonderland armor is the hotness for 60 evies. and i don't know about staffs i guess whichever one tickles your fancy.

Mmm. After looking at the DB, it seems there's not a whole lotta' new equipment. And then there's jumping. Is there any reason to bind a jump button to my DS3? I did a quick search and read some complaints about not being able to jump over things you should be able to.

Mmm. After looking at the DB, it seems there's not a whole lotta' new equipment. And then there's jumping. Is there any reason to bind a jump button to my DS3? I did a quick search and read some complaints about not being able to jump over things you should be able to.

Season 2 bosses pretty much have attacks that require jumping to dodge.

jediyoshi

VDB and Vindictus Wiki are pretty horribly outdated at this point unfortunately, not a lot of stuff as far as s2 content goes

Personally i thought "T" was the easiest for jumping.

OatmealMu

Weeeeeell... I just fought a dragon. I don't recall the name... Eastern Guardian or something. It was big and had a pointy head. Oh, and summoned lightning from the sky constantly. It's Glas all over again. I didn't know how to fight it, so I mostly ran around reviving and healing people in between deaths.

Very painful. Maybe I can sell some of its' parts so I can complete the Wonderland set. Eesh...

Weeeeeell... I just fought a dragon. I don't recall the name... Eastern Guardian or something. It was big and had a pointy head. Oh, and summoned lightning from the sky constantly. It's Glas all over again. I didn't know how to fight it, so I mostly ran around reviving and healing people in between deaths.

Very painful. Maybe I can sell some of its' parts so I can complete the Wonderland set. Eesh...

for each of the dragons theres only really one part thats worth alot.

As a new player, what is the difference between Lann and Vella? Is Vella just the new hotness or is she really just better than Lann?

Edit: I was playing on east and then I decided to play on west, I forgot I made characters in beta or release on the west servers, now I have a redeployment pack, its kind of op.

As a new player, what is the difference between Lann and Vella? Is Vella just the new hotness or is she really just better than Lann?

Edit: I was playing on east and then I decided to play on west, I forgot I made characters in beta or release on the west servers, now I have a redeployment pack, its kind of op.

Lann is pretty much straight in your face DPS with good dodging ability. Can move around while inflicting DPS.

Vella is high speed, lots of aoe and uses counters to survive keeping dps up instead of dodging the attacks.

Similar in that they're both high speed but play completely different. Basically comparing a drill and a chainsaw.

Setsuna

Get to level 60

im thinking oh cool time to buy some new weapons and armor for vella

look up prices

NOPE

armor is like 15 million a piece

It's only for 30 days, so enjoy it while you can! And imho Vella all the way. Lann can't reflect projectiles (cross stance + dodge), or counter, and her dodge covers more distance.

OatmealMu

Finally completed the Labyrinth today. I remember it being much harder. The only real difficult parts were the later dopplegangers. Nothing quite like putting a "stoneskin" prefix on a character with a lot of defense as it is.

Finally completed the Labyrinth today. I remember it being much harder. The only real difficult parts were the later dopplegangers. Nothing quite like putting a "stoneskin" prefix on a character with a lot of defense as it is.

Yah.

I think last time i did it there was a stone skin karok.

OatmealMu

I spend a few weeks getting 80 seals so I can buy Glas Pants. Today, I spend those seals. Today, I also get Glas Pants as a drop. I should be happy but... eh...

i7U0EqJZEw5Uq.png

jediyoshi

Enhancement Coupon Giveaway Event
http://vindictus.nexon.net/News/Content.aspx?boardNo=200&contentNo=00Fdh&pageIndex=1

Come one, come all! Partake in the Enhancement Coupon Giveaway Event and enhance one of your hard-earned items all the way to +10 with no fear of breaking it! The amazing +10 Enhancement Coupon is truly a sight to behold, and everyone who attends the event will walk away with a sample.

On January 12th, log in at 6:00PM PST to receive the +10 Enhancement Coupon. It’s that simple! Take some time off from the daily grind and enjoy this opportunity to power up.

Top Bottom