• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown |OT| Top Tier Fighting, Top Tier Pricing

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Amazing that of all the games to hear some dude raging at me and huffing and puffing and calling me all sorts of kinds of homosexual, it's VF. I'll be glad when these shitheads are gone from the game in a week.

Doubtful. I'd start playing online again if it was true though.

Hate the FGC. Hate. HATE. HATE.

Also, unless one was already setup, I made a PSN chat for easier matching with people online who may not be on everyone's friend list. Hopefully we can spread this around.

Coming from a 2D FG background... how do you memorize a whole moveset? @___@
I wanna Learn Goh (Or Brad) but damn i cant even remember half the moves.

Everytime you turn on your system, go through command trials once, then go online. It'll take a while but they'll all slide into place.

EDIT: Whoops sorry bout the double post.

TheSeks

Brad Show seems to be button mashy, at least in Arcade. Only got taken out when the AI finally caught on and punished my relentless PPPPPPPPPPPP PKPPPPKPPPPKPPPPK onslaught with punishes from frame advantages. :(

Think I'm going to stick with Vanessa though.

DR2K

Banned
Coming from a 2D FG background... how do you memorize a whole moveset? @___@
I wanna Learn Goh (Or Brad) but damn i cant even remember half the moves.

Eh like most 3D games, usually bloated with a lot of moves, but only some are truly effective.

Command training mode helps out a lot. You basically just go over each command in quick succesion. I wish Namco fighters would freaking implement this already.

This game has already surpassed it's sales target in Japan, in only one week.

One week following its release, and the home conversion of Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown has already crossed its sales targets for the Japanese market. The game's port team announced the early success via Twitter today

The notice concerns just Japan. There's no mention about the game's success in international markets.

Source

That's pretty cool. Hopefully that means more VF in the future, hopefully with some character endings this time.

TheSeks

This game has already surpassed it's sales target in Japan, in only one week.

Source

That's pretty cool. Hopefully that means more VF in the future, hopefully with some character endings this time.

Well, guess I can stop worrying about PSRental Service eating sales then.

No I can't. Will wait until we see Sega is happy with US/EU port sales.

Well, guess I can stop worrying about PSRental Service eating sales then.

No I can't. Will wait until we see Sega is happy with US/EU port sales.

Your paranoia over this honestly ridiculous. The game received a huge advertising push as a result of this promotion and you have an article right there saying it exceeded sales expectations. But of course, somehow the future of VF is threatened by it being a marquee title in a new push of a gigantic Sony initiative rejuvanated during the middle of E3.

EDIT: Christ Tekno you're fierce. Good games man.

Sloosha

My execution on the 2p side is atrocious. :(

Never had trouble doing QC motions until now.

EDIT: License challenge 8 was fun. Wish Eileen could do that normally.

Edgeward

GGs. Still learning and figuring out what moves are useful for Wolf and finding a reliable launcher. Also getting those crouch throws down. ugh.

Still adjusting to needing to do the tap plus the button instead of just holding it in one direction and expecting to get the command move anyway.

fernoca

Well, the PS3 leaderboards were around 35k yesterday vs. 8k on Xbox 360.
Whether that translate into actual players, who knows.
And most of the created rooms in this thread are on PS3. :p

I have it on 360 and have no problems joining random/ranked/player matches.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'd guess 360 since most VF players went for the 360 version of VF5 way back when.

Well...

Well, the PS3 leaderboards were around 35k yesterday vs. 8k on Xbox 360.
Whether that translate into actual players, who knows.
And most of the created rooms in this thread are on PS3. :p

I have it on 360 and have no problems joining random/ranked/player matches.

This, and also, although I know this is no real metric to go by, the GameFAQs forum for the PS3 version has 25 pages, as opposed to 7 for the 360. So at least, there's a lot more discussion on the PS3 boards.

I'd guess 360 since most VF players went for the 360 version of VF5 way back when.

It came out on PS3 first.

I think most of the hardcore VF5 arcade players got it on PS3 when it was first available. They might have later double dipped.

PSN leaderboards have about 38k people. But I think only about 8k are highly active. The rest are Kyu ranks.

JaxJag

Banned
I've been playing the 360 version. Almost zero lag, been putting up a 8 player lobby around 5 PM EST, if anyone interested my gamertag is "Jag'.

Top Bottom