• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown |OT| Top Tier Fighting, Top Tier Pricing

Ninjimbo

GG's everyone. I HATE Pai! Can never tell when it's safe to attack or not against her.
2P is your friend. Take it from a Pai player. There are plenty of moves where she's at a disadvantage. I tend to use 9K a lot and that is easily countered with 2P if you block the initial hit. Also, when Pai uses 3K+G, even if the attack lands, she's still at a disadvantage. Find something quick to attack her with.

There's plenty of crap that she does that is unsafe. Trust me, I'm one of those over zealous Pai players that throws everything and gets nothing against the strong players.

I'm an Assassin on XBL. If I had my stick, I could be higher but I'm stuck playing on a crappy Xbox pad. :(

Shidosha

Means "Shirt on Head" in Japanese
wow so im at assassin and can't find a match because they all fucking pull cables... COME ON WITH THE HO SHIT! i wanna rank whore this week damnit!

Shouta

Damn dem cable pullers.

I probably wouldn't touch ranked if it weren't for the fact everyone plays there for random games. I'm not super worried about ranking up but I hate when I rank down, hah.

alstein

Damn dem cable pullers.

I probably wouldn't touch ranked if it weren't for the fact everyone plays there for random games. I'm not super worried about ranking up but I hate when I rank down, hah.

I haven't had a problem with pullers that much compared to 360, where so many folks pulled back in the day. PSN folks just run instead, which is better.

Shidosha

i said this for XBL and im gonna say it on PSN:

*Sigh* Why do i have the feeling i'm gonna be stuck at avenger... fuck this rank

Seriously tho - it seems like on both networks once you get that far you reach the league of extraordinary match dodgers

alstein

Alstein :D im gonna need those POINTS Alstein :D
get me off shatterer Alstein :D

I'll play you when I'm on, I'm just on at weird times. Trying to make the leap, just may not be good enough.

Hate getting bullied around, think I'm too damn predictable vs good players which is my big problem.

It's also hard to learn without anyone local to push you. Hoping MLG improves my game, that's what I'm looking for, though I'll be going in tired and fuzzy.

Shidosha

you don't force advantages enough. i mean you DO know how to use that double hammer with jeff which is good. you just need to create more opportunities. thats now new jeff works

Untitled2.jpg

Pretty funny.
From oneframekill blog

AAK

So I made a US psn account and..... FINALLY I can play some non laggy ranked matches! That's right all you lion trolls! I'll react to your 2kk's now!

But F u Sega for forcing me to go out of my way to finally play this game in a legitimate fashion. Now where is my room patch?

So now my vf psn is: AAK924

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Any EU gaffers playing right now? I'd play US Gaf but the lag is probably going to be atrocious. My PSN ID is Mistouze666.

alstein

where did all the GAFers go? #ForeverAlone

well I'll be at MLG tomorrow.

really thinking of switching off Jeff for someone right now after MLG. I just think I need another char to either broaden my horizons, or just to be better.

Question: is there any point of making it to MLG before 3-4pm tomorrow?

Shidosha

well I'll be at MLG tomorrow.

really thinking of switching off Jeff for someone right now after MLG. I just think I need another char to either broaden my horizons, or just to be better.

Question: is there any point of making it to MLG before 3-4pm tomorrow?

Yes, the tournament starts tomorrow as soon as the door opens. if you want a better advantage u should come early and grab all the chances you can get

alstein

Yes, the tournament starts tomorrow as soon as the door opens. if you want a better advantage u should come early and grab all the chances you can get

Well I can't get there too early, cause I get off work at 8am. Doubt I'll be there before 1pm.

Planning to drive there (it's about an hour for me) Fri and sat.

You rely on throws too much once I realized I couldn't stop them by counter p I just ducked. Against lows if you guard mine I'm pretty fucked. You do have low throws. I'm not sure how punishing would work with our ass connection though

Ggs

Edgeward

I stopped relying on them halfway through once you stop blocking and knew what was up. I just have a hard time recognizing when I can attack during strings and when to just wait.

P throw will only take you so far. I couldn't p back to break your throw due to latency so I just ducked or spammed strings.

Also so many Jacky's in ranked. Too many.
Any tips for stopping el blaze rocketspam online?

alstein

At MLG. GentThief did make it- he's dominating.

Folks having a good time, though single-elim for the prize money is going to suck for the person who finishes 4th.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Good games AAK. Need to fight more Sarahs. Aoi reversals always keep me on edge; that's a good thing cause I spam that 66K at mid-to-long range way too much, lol.

Does the elbow knock you down or set you up for follow-up attacks? If so, maybe I should just start rushing these guys whenever I see even a hint of any kind of rocket combo start-up.
The elbow on hit, leads to a combo. If Blaze players are spamming RD of strings, smack them. Also, that cart-wheel could be side-step. once you do, don't attack right away, the second mid of it will track

LakeEarth

who do you use lakeearth?

Jeff. I know I should be doing an offensive dash, but it's still annoying to see him get into the stance facing one direction, begin moving forward that direction, and when you regular sidestep he suddenly re-directs right to you. I know that means I side stepped too early, but visually it's some bullshit.

Top Bottom