• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown |OT| Top Tier Fighting, Top Tier Pricing

soakrates

Man, I'd be down for a GAF room if I didn't have to leave in like two hours. I'm itching to see how my new improved internetz works with VF.

Shouta

Good ol'cha-mame. I've got wins against him too. I always wonder if he's just playing nice aside from the actual ranking matches.

wasnt a fluke. he kept trying to do wall set-ups, u were smacking him out of it, he didn't stop trying to get what he want and lost...

i do stuff like this too - he asked for it
Oh, is that what he was going for? Well then, I don't feel weird about that win anymore!

I see you made good use of Tsukami too; nice victory Soused! When you take a tournament, I'm gonna be able to say, "I trained with that guy~".
Hah, 'when'. Although that reminds me, now that I have my internet issues sorted out, I want to sign up for that VF Circuit thing sometime. I'll go check that out once VFDC is back online.

alstein

Good ol'cha-mame. I've got wins against him too. I always wonder if he's just playing nice aside from the actual ranking matches.

I'm like 1-100 vs that guy. Sarah's a personal kryptonite, despite having lots of vanilla experience against the best US Sarah (who quit VF now).. I think he's supposed to be some sort of Japanese student going to US college, real nice guy. Wish he could show to some tournies- he could win a US tourney with his Sarah.

Shouta

I'm like 1-100 vs that guy. Sarah's a personal kryptonite, despite having lots of vanilla experience against the best US Sarah (who quit VF now).. I think he's supposed to be some sort of Japanese student going to US college, real nice guy. Wish he could show to some tournies- he could win a US tourney with his Sarah.

Really? o_O? I'm like 2/3-8 against him now, I think. I don't play him very much but I've gotten a few in on him. I've had a harder time with other Sarahs, I think.

Kyouji

Haman Discharged... she smells nice
Does anyone want to play some now? I have the patch on PSN and can host a room for up to 60 minutes; on East Coast.

Kyouji

?

I haven't received the patch, yet...

I have the Japanese version. I double-dipped on PSN regions back during release to support Sega. I'm still willing to host a room if GAFfers want to play tonight, I'm GMT-5 (East Coast); just post in this thread (or message Pak38 on PSN) and when I see it, I'll respond and host.

I have the Japanese version. I double-dipped on PSN regions back during release to support Sega. I'm still willing to host a room if GAFfers want to play tonight, I'm GMT-5 (East Coast); just post in this thread (or message Pak38 on PSN) and when I see it, I'll respond and host.

If you're still planning to host, I'd like to join in.

Kyouji

If you're still planning to host, I'd like to join in.

Room will be up in 30 minutes or so. If anyone else wants in, go ahead and post here or send me a message on PSN.

EDIT: Room is now up. Post your PSN or message me at Pak38 for invite. I'll keep it up as long as we have some people.

Kyouji

All right, room is closed for the night. Good games to Soused and AAK! Had some lag with AAK, which is weird cause last time we played, it felt almost perfect. Anyways, I'll post again whenever I host.

Maybe we could try to work out a weekly VF Night thing if there is enough interest?

Edgeward

I would definitely like to have a weekly thing, something to push me to train more. I will probably play tomorrow night as well, looking at 7:15 pdt

DR2K

Banned
Fought against #11 and #22 on the worlds ranked a few times last night. Couldn't beat them, but I got close. They were definitely on a different level.

Kyouji

I would definitely like to have a weekly thing, something to push me to train more. I will probably play tomorrow night as well, looking at 7:15 pdt

I'm on the East Coast, but let's give it a try tonight and see how the connection holds-up. What's your PSN?

Hey Famicom, feel free to post here or message me on PSN whenever you want some games. Best way to get better is to just play, and check out the VFDC forums for your character. I've only just started learning the game myself, but I'll happily try to answer any questions you may have, and if I can't, I'm sure the VF OG in this thread will chip in.

As for the weekly thing, we just need to decide on a night and time that's good for everyone involved, and I'll gladly take up hosting duties until at least the rest of the world gets the patch on PSN.

Kyouji

Welp, I'm just messing around in singleplayer, if anyone wants to play, lemme know.

EDIT: Room is now up. Post here or message me on PSN for invite.

Kyouji

Hey guys, if I toggle through my 1P/2P, I'm trying to say "I'll pass." I don't want to hog the play time. =)

Kyouji

Good games to Edgeward and Famicom! Everyone's connection was quite good too; at least it felt so for me. Famicom, your Vanessa is good, just gotta try to capitalise on those combo opportunities --I saw you letting a few go during counter-hits or wall splats-- and watch out for low attacks. Edgeward, I can't really offer any advice for Wolf, but you seemed to be holding out fine too. I guess, uh, throw more? Though you were doing that to me a ton anyways and I kept forgetting to break forward, haha.

Thanks for playing, guys. We'll do this again soon.

Edgeward

I forgot the combos I stole for Aris a couple times and it cost me a couple matches. heh

I need to go back to command training and figure out some of the commands I see in vids so I can steal those as well.

Kyouji

AAK, PCMacro, and me are in a room. If anyone else wants in, post your PSN here or message Pak38.

Kyouji

Good games to AAK and Soused last night. Still having trouble with AAK's Sarah in our mirror matches. Think I need to take a more measured approach to going on the offensive; sometimes I get frustrated and just start pressan buttanz, haha.

GG's everyone. I HATE Pai! Can never tell when it's safe to attack or not against her.

t02200175_0474037810899753738.jpg

vfcg05.jpg

NOW!! GO!!!

Top Bottom