• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visions of Mana |OT| This Game Runs on Alm My Consoles

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
1PJ3UIj.png

Z07S6sz.png

ZjaL1S4.png

AIKDvFL.png

HYpGI8y.png

TWSq1h2.png

emKn4VR.png

P4ZbYcd.png

qtXmaDs.png

5Qlz8HI.png

PlayStation (PS4 and PS5):

Xbox (Play Anywhere title with access also to the PC version):

Steam:

8t0A5Fh.png

EVl5cSq.png

PlayStation:

Xbox:

Steam:

F2cEnl1.png

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Great OT! I was going to try and hold off on this for a while but the OT is making me wanna participate in the hypppeee

Reactions: Isa

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Didn't mention in the OP but there are a few items you get for pre-ordering:

f5Zch9g.png

There is also a "Dexlue Edition" which costs $20 USD extra (or local equivalent) and includes

3IsDGHw.png

The pre-order bonuses are cool, I guess, since I was always going to buy this game immediately anyway. The $20 deluxe bundle seems like such a rip-off. Playing 24 hours early? I can wait. Costumes? Kinda cool I guess, but they all look pretty cringe. 26 additional BGM tracks from previous games? This feels like a GUST thing and I kind of hate the idea.

Also that "starter XP" pack thing only working for "a limited amount of time" is pretty stupid. Flashbacks to stuff like Assassin's Creed having a cash shop selling this kind of crap. Hope that isn't the case here.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Also that "starter XP" pack thing only working for "a limited amount of time" is pretty stupid. Flashbacks to stuff like Assassin's Creed having a cash shop selling this kind of crap. Hope that isn't the case here.

Sounds like a timed consumable. And yes, that does sound stupid. At least with the AC games, you get a permanent exp boost that you can toggle on/off if needed.

Vyse

Gold Member
XP boosts are usually pretty lame. I personally don’t need to be OP in the early part of games.

Holammer

Looks alright, my only beef with the game and many Japanese RPGs is the over-designed costumes. But that's de rigueur for the genre.

jshackles

Was so busy with Wukong that I completely forgot about this. Will probably grab it during the holidays. Too many games, too little time.
I'm currently binging Wukong so I have time to start in on this later in the week!

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I’m busy finishing up Toal’s scenario in Ys Origin + shitting on Concord, hope that’s enough to keep me entertained these final few days.

• Strength

jshackles

Can't wait for this to drop. Haven't found a single discount key yet online though, which is rare for S-E game. Even GMG have it listed at full price.
Maybe it's a regional thing? Here GMG has the game for $47.99

8PygdhN.png

(that's where I pre-ordered from)

EDIT: I guess it's a VIP thing. If you don't have VIP, then you can use code AUG15 to bring it down to $50.99.

Last edited:

LectureMaster

Gold Member
No diversity, 10/10.
1PJ3UIj.png

Z07S6sz.png

ZjaL1S4.png

AIKDvFL.png

HYpGI8y.png

TWSq1h2.png

emKn4VR.png

P4ZbYcd.png

qtXmaDs.png

5Qlz8HI.png

PlayStation (PS4 and PS5):

Xbox (Play Anywhere title with access also to the PC version):

Steam:

8t0A5Fh.png

EVl5cSq.png

PlayStation:

Xbox:

Steam:

Pejo

Maybe it's a regional thing? Here GMG has the game for $47.99

8PygdhN.png

(that's where I pre-ordered from)
Probably because I use Brave browser (blocks scripts/location data/ads), I dunno, but when I logged in to GMG the discount showed up for me too. Weird.

Anyways, picked up the Deluxe for $63. I barely ever preorder games, much less premium versions, but I want to see S-E make more games like this, so I'm voting with my wallet.

I was glad to hear reviewer impressions confirm my suspicions that they made the demo from a really bad choice of vertical slices of the game, so I have no hesitation about picking this up.

Now all I need is for somebody to make a mod to get rid of the transparency filter that was present in the game. You couldn't even look at enemies in the sky without your entire party disappearing. I'm not even trying to upskirt any characters or anything, but it was aggressive in its disappearing function.

jshackles

Probably because I use Brave browser (blocks scripts/location data/ads), I dunno, but when I logged in to GMG the discount showed up for me too. Weird.

Anyways, picked up the Deluxe for $63. I barely ever preorder games, much less premium versions, but I want to see S-E make more games like this, so I'm voting with my wallet.

I was glad to hear reviewer impressions confirm my suspicions that they made the demo from a really bad choice of vertical slices of the game, so I have no hesitation about picking this up.

Now all I need is for somebody to make a mod to get rid of the transparency filter that was present in the game. You couldn't even look at enemies in the sky without your entire party disappearing. I'm not even trying to upskirt any characters or anything, but it was aggressive in its disappearing function.
I didn't do much looking upwards in the demo, but if the filter was made to prevent upskirt shots then you better believe PC modders will find a way to get rid of it quickly.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I agree that the demo didn't good job snowing off the game but when I playing the demo I messed around with classes and I overall enjoy the combat and its art directions is
chefs-kiss-french-chef.gif

I have this pre-ordered at GameStop thanks to their generous 50% bonus on trade-ins. I'll be picking up at 10am Friday and I have the day off.

XP boosts are usually pretty lame. I personally don’t need to be OP in the early part of games.
I never even redeem pre-order bonuses. What's the point in having a weapon better than anything else for the first part of the game, or being overpowered? I don't even know who these are marketed towards.

That said, these items that only give a temporary boost seem much more palatable than a permanent accessory, or a big pack of items, etc.

Last edited:

ssringo

I was glad to hear reviewer impressions confirm my suspicions that they made the demo from a really bad choice of vertical slices of the game
Any reviewer(s) in particular that discuss this, preferably in detail and with video footage? The demo was such a colossal turn off for me that I haven't paid attention to anything about this game since.

zokie

i want to purchase it but the SRP is too exclusive in my region for PS4 digital deluxe $110
24 hours early access is not 'appealing' as some publishers have 3 days early access

I will get this when there's a good discount in the near future

For xbox , the game is playanywhere

Thank you jshackles jshackles for the awesome OP

Last edited:

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Looks like a perfect game for my steam deck.

i loved the original. Have completed it multiple times on SNES. Just looking at the OP I could hear the main theme tune in my head.

Hudo

Can't wait for the soundtrack. The OSTs of Mana games have been dope so far. I hope this is no exception.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Out of curiosity what did you not like about the demo?

I dunno about him, but the combat felt a little clunky and unresponsive to me, the 30fps cutscenes were not cool, the mounting/dismounting mechanics were too slow, and it didn't seem like much of a leap forward in terms of game design, from Trials of Mana.

Overall, it was a net positive, but I'm not going to buy it day one.

Pejo

Any reviewer(s) in particular that discuss this, preferably in detail and with video footage? The demo was such a colossal turn off for me that I haven't paid attention to anything about this game since.
There was some stuff in the preview thread about it: https://www.neogaf.com/threads/visions-of-mana-preview-thread.1673815/

The slice of 'Visions of Mana' we played through was an enjoyable experience, as this portion of the game felt simpler, yet better explained than the demo.

For an action-packed JRPG, Visions of Mana’s visuals feel light and breezy, compared to something like Tales of Arise or perhaps Scarlet Nexus. The art style feels more hopeful in the early-game than in the desolate wastes in Arise or the weird cityscapes of Scarlet Nexus.

I enjoyed exploring volcanic-inspired tropics and a windy city, and it felt vibrant, even if I’m slaying cute little monsters and double-jumping and airdashing the map looking for treasure while I meander away from the quest-designated destinations.

Compared to the demo, the directions for different actions and attacks you can take are better explained, especially since it’s not all thrown together at you in a series of short tutorials, but rather more piecemeal.
I also skipped around a few YouTube videos but it was tough to find people that weren't just giving their impressions of the same Demo I already played. I think IGN had some special access that wasn't just the Demo. Truth be told though, I was always gonna buy this.

//DEVIL//

I am out of the loop with this one. Is it supposed to be remake or remaster or sequel of another Mana game?

I know there are many Mana games but I never played any so I dont even know what I am looking at here. but the graphics and the character design look nice!

Isa

Gold Member
Great OT! Going to jump in when I get out of work in a couple days lol. I didn't even touch the demo, don't want to spoil to much or affect impressions. The last was amazing for me, I hope this one is at least enjoyable which I'm sure it will be. The world looks beautiful.

Exentryk

Nice OT!

Will get this after finishing Wukong, which might take another month given my pace. Will also look for impressions about the build variety and rpg aspects in this thread.

I am out of the loop with this one. Is it supposed to be remake or remaster or sequel of another Mana game?

I know there are many Mana games but I never played any so I dont even know what I am looking at here. but the graphics and the character design look nice!
It’s a game in the Mana series. No remake, remaster, or sequel. A new game based on the Mana universe.

Vyse

Gold Member
Played an hour or so of the demo. Deeper than I thought it was going to be. Can’t wait to play the full game.

Top Bottom