• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

jzbluz

Reminds me that I never even opened Tokyo Twilight and I bought the game day 1. I'll wait for the updated version, but this time I won't buy it day one.

Taruranto

WAT

Kamikanshi-hen has been translated?

I need ideas for the Umineko no Naku Koro ni OT subtitle. I was thinking of something like "DIE THE DEATH! SENTENCE TO DEATH! GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!", but since that's from the last half of the game, I thought something from the first four chapters would be better.

zLGjIof.jpg

Try this one.

jonjonaug

I'm in line for the Sekai Project panel. MG more than filled my hype meters with Hadaka and Bocchi Musume, but hopefully they have something good after JAST was a bust. I'm more here for Kouki's brief thing afterward anyway.

If you're at AX and want to say hi I'm at the very front spot of the regular attendee line.

Shizuka

I'm in line for the Sekai project panel. MG more than filled my hype meters with Hadaka and Boochi Musume, but hopefully they have something good after JAST was a bust.

If you're at AX and want to say hi I'm at the very front spot of the regular attendee line.

I think you should scream and shout everytime the word "Vita" comes up. Can you do that for me?

jonjonaug

Any word on what Ryuukishi07 might be doing at the moment ? Maybe the next installment of the When They Cry series ?
He's working on another project with the guys he worked with on Rewrite. I think he's the head guy this time.

Too many NekoPara fans in the audience. Help I'm drowning in pleb taste.

Fault - milestone one coming to PS4/Vita Fall 2016
Rabi-Ribi coming to PS4/Vita in near future
World End Economica (all 3 episodes combined) coming to PS4/Vita in 2017 with limited physical edition.

Japanese School Life isn't getting crowdfunded anymore. Coming in October.

Shining Song Starnova, Idol game from Love in Space (Sunrider devs)

jonjonaug

This was Aroduc's secret project btw, would have been released as a fan TL if this didn't go through. Sekai probably wouldn't have snapped this up otherwise.

Yuuichi

Dive 2 as well. Aroduc's working on it and translation is mostly done.

Hey, that's me in there :)

Always the local cynic, it looks to me like SP has gone full JAST, grabbing tons of fan TL's for big name things and leaving what was already on thier plate to rot. Not particularly excited about any of the liscences, though I can answer questions on Sakusaku given I have a copy of the game 10 feet behind me.

jonjonaug

NekoPara fans got boned lmao. So a lot of them went to the Sekai panel assuming they could stick around for the Sayori one after that (Sekai even advertised this as such IIRC). Turns out this is against AX policy, so they all got kicked out.

jonjonaug

Hamashima's panel was amazing, very funny and insightful. Some highlights:

She really likes female characters who are strong, physically and mentally. Her favorite Maggot Baits character is the buff one.

Maggot Baits came about partially because they wanted to go further with Euphoria, but the approval board they were submitting it to wouldn't let them. So she came up with something even darker and they submitted it to a different board, which let them go ahead.

NTY came about because they made a lot of money on Euphoria so she was able to work on whatever she wanted, so the idea of making a BL game came about. It took longer to make than expected, so they ended up spending all the Euphoria revenue on it.

Her favorite NTY character is Ryu, she likes glasses-types.

She wants to work on a depressing, darker sort of yuri game.

She also would like to work on a very pure moe game, but everyone at Clockup is afraid that they'd all end up dead at the end or something.

The way the characters' eyes glow in Maggot Baits even when closed was her idea.

Someone asked her how she would turn an anime or manga into an eroge. She said that she couldn't think of one, but there's one show she watches with a female ninja who's captured every episode, and she wondered why the ninja was never raped.

One of scenario writers who worked on Maggot Baits is a big Urobuchi fan, Hamashima herself liked Demonbane.

One guy asked a rambling series of questions that took like three minutes. The translator then translated the entire thing, to the amazement and applause of the entire room.

Her cat's name is Kotetsu.

She was very surprised by the open enthusiasm of American eroge fans, because Japanese eroge fans are beta males.

The sort of titles Clockup puts out are the way they are because those are just the games they want to make, and they want to go against expectations. The protagonist of NTY being a seme had the same reasoning.

Hamashima's panel was amazing, very funny and insightful. Some highlights:

She really like female characters who are strong, physically and mentally. Her favorite Maggot Baits character is the buff one.

Maggot Baits came about partially because they wanted to go further with Euphoria, but the approval board they were submitting it to wouldn't let them. So she came up with something even darker and they submitted it to a different board, which let them go ahead.

NTY came about because they made a lot of money on Euphoria so she was able to work on whatever she wanted, so the idea of making a BL game came about. It took longer to make than expected, so they ended up spending all the Euphoria revenue on it.

Her favorite NTY character is Ryu, she likes glasses-types.

She wants to work on a depressing, darker sort of yuri game.

She also would like to work on a very pure moe game, but everyone at Clockup is afraid that they'd all end up dead at the end or something.

The way the characters' eyes glow in Maggot Baits even when closed was her idea.

Someone asked her how she would turn an anime or manga into an eroge. She said that she couldn't think of one, but there's one show she watches with a female ninja who's captured every episode, and she wondered why the ninja was never raped.

One of scenario writers who worked on Maggot Baits is a big Urobchi fan, Hamashima herself liked Demonbane.

One guy asked a rambling series of questions that took like three minutes. The translator then translated the entire thing, to the amazement and applause of the entire room.

Her cat's name is Kotetsu.

She was very surprised by the open enthusiasm of American eroge fans, because Japanese eroge fans are beta males.

The sort of titles Clockup puts out are the way they are because those are just the games they want to make, and they want to go against expectations. The protagonist of NTY being a seme had the same reasoning.

1) Who is Hamashima
2) How are they so fucking great

grim-tales

I wonder what's up with the Exogenesis game? More recently they said "We need the game ready by June" but they missed that now :(

PhleBuster

Neo Member
Most likely. Maybe Fruitbait Factory went through 5pb. for the publishing rights on consoles and Jast went through Tenco themselves for the PC.

That's correct, naturally. This was the result of long negotiations, but we have good relations with JAST and the PC version is also based off our PS3 translation. FYI, we'd still like to make the Vita release happen too, but it's Tenco's decision to make.

Shizuka

That's correct, naturally. This was the result of long negotiations, but we have good relations with JAST and the PC version is also based off our PS3 translation. FYI, we'd still like to make the Vita release happen too, but it's Tenco's decision to make.

Please, make it happen. Show Tenco there's (some) demand.

gaiadyne

I remember recommending Baldr Sky in a Sekai Project survey a while ago. Not that I think I'm the only one who recommended it but it is nice to see your voice be heard.

I remember recommending Baldr Sky in a Sekai Project survey a while ago. Not that I think I'm the only one who recommended it but it is nice to see your voice be heard.

Also recommended it.
I also recommended Maggot Baits in some Mangagamer survey and we got it.

I dont wanna say its just because of me, but yeah... ;)

jonjonaug

Both MG and Sekai have been after the Baldr games for a while, I imagine JAST was too.

Top Bottom