• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Shizuka

You guys can vote for other suggestions you liked as well, I'm still very undecided.

Also, will there be any panel tomorrow?

cj_iwakura

I need ideas for the Umineko no Naku Koro ni OT subtitle. I was thinking of something like "DIE THE DEATH! SENTENCE TO DEATH! GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!", but since that's from the last half of the game, I thought something from the first four chapters would be better.

"Chessboard Thinking"

Or if you want to keep it simple, "When The Seagulls Cry".

So I got Steins Gate this week. I'm at the part where the main character (whichever one of his 5 names you want to pick) has found himself caught having to play RaiNet in the Maid Cafe.

Just have to say the writing is most interesting when it's reading posts from Titor and I can do with 75% less of the protagonist's constant bullshit. Obviously I'm not stopping though.

JulianImp

"Chessboard Thinking"

This one sounds nice IMO, since it's a more widely understandable line than a blatant in-joke only those who have already read Umineko would understand, which in retrospect appear to be 90% of what we get for thread subtitles... like, in-jokes won't help new people check the thread out (even though I did propose several), so going with a more straightforward one might be better.

Marche90

So JAST, in their effort to undermine one of their releases (again), has stealth-released SoniComi. You know, one of their high profile releases and all that. So, congrats on your business decisions, jast (lol)

Anyway. Any of you know if MG's conference will have a liveblog? If it has, a link would be much appreciated.

So JAST, in their effort to undermine one of their releases (again), has stealth-released SoniComi. You know, one of their high profile releases and all that. So, congrats on your business decisions, jast (lol)

Anyway. Any of you know if MG's conference will have a liveblog? If it has, a link would be much appreciated.
It's a day of stealth releases, though the game is still not live on Steam. How many VNs have been crushed with random releases in the vicinity of the Steam Summer sale now?

The MangaGamer panel will apparently be streamed here.

Marche90

The song's nice, at least (lol)

3/5 of the games announced tonight for me, and yes, I'll play the otome game.

Now I need release dates! ...We're gonna get those in a month at least for some of the titles, aren't we?
AREN't we? ;-;

Anyway, can't wait for august, for a lot of different reasons.

jzbluz

Wasn't expecting that otome game, but not bad. Hopefully is better than Ozmafia!!

Hadaka Hitsuji.

Hadaka Shitsuji. Didn't really want this game for various reasons but I can't be picky when supporting the BL niche. At least the fandisc is new.

rickyson1

so is umineko related to higurashi? I know it's by the same people

i've never played either and have no intention of playing higurashi anytime soon(waiting on all the chapters,I don't play episodic things piecemeal) so would it spoil anything if I grabbed umineko first?

Knurek

i've never played either and have no intention of playing higurashi anytime soon(waiting on all the chapters,I don't play episodic things piecemeal) so would it spoil anything if I grabbed umineko first?

It's the same universe, but other than some cameos and ideas being reused, Higurashi and Umineko are separate (something like King's The Stand and Dark Tower if you read any of them).
Feel free to start with Umineko.

i was sleeping ( damn you zero time dillemma ) so i missed MG stream pannel .

Looking at what they annonced , i kinda like it

Maggot Baits ? Yeah

i'm not intrested in Hadaka Shitsuji but i think it's great that their annoncements were diversified.

Kusagari

I can't believe they're bringing over Maggot Baits.

Just from what I've seen of it, it looks far more brutal and disgusting than Euphoria ever was.

It's kinda hard to say. When it comes to the main stories being connected there is almost nothing linking the two (as in Umineko is not a sequel to Higurashi in a traditional sense at all) but at the same time there are a few Higurashi cameos/callbacks that can give huge plot points away if you read between the lines. You 100% can jump straight to Umi without knowing anything about Higu but if you plan to play Higu after Umi I'm more conflicted about recommending it.

It's a really tough situation. Higurashi chapters could be released a bit faster I agree but at the same time they already have 3 episodes out. And remember, Umineko has 8 episodes in total and they only release the first half next week so who knows how the releases will cross.

You can of course watch Higurashi+Higu Kai anime and go to Umineko VN from there. Unlike the anime adaptation of Umi, Higu was decent.

Top Bottom