• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Knurek

I think the Mangagamer Summer Sale discounts have been applied to the Steam versions.
Gakhtun is 25% off, Tokyo Babel 30%, Kindred Spirits 20% off.

Lain

Am I bad person really want Banchou Otome localized instead 428?

its sounds awesome, even under assumed all otome hijink concept, its made it even more interesting.

That's perfectly reasonable. It sounds more appealing to you compared to 428, nothing wrong with that.
Me, I want them all, I'd love 428 (but only because I'm one of those few who liked the Canaan anime a lot and I'd like to play the main game), yet I voted for Shiren because it appeals to me the most.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Oh boy, flowers aki hen is still getting a Vita port even though the last two sold like 5k copies or something. Bless IG/Prototype.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
5k is more than enough for most visual novel ports in Japan.
Wait I misspoke, the last game only sold 1,762 copies in its opening week (retail). Very generously assuming it roughly doubled that over its lifetime + digital, maybe best case scenario 3k?

Either way I wonder what the profit margin on that is because 3k at around $40 a pop is only $120k in revenue. After the retailer's cut, certification costs, box/cart manufacturing cost, and sony's cut, it's probably really thin and not necessarily worth the risk, especially since each sequel in series like this tend to sell lower than the previous entry.

Seems like a commitment to fans rather than a safe bet for profit imo.

This Higanbana is pretty goodly paced, very weird for R07.

Umineko has good pacing starting from EP3 in my opinion, and i don't really think you can comprare it to his past works, since Higanbana is a lot shorter.

I'm reading Rose Guns Days at the moment, which starts with a promising pace so far.

jonjonaug

Umineko has good pacing starting from EP3 in my opinion, and i don't really think you can comprare it to his past works, since Higanbana is a lot shorter.

I'm reading Rose Guns Days at the moment, which starts with a promising pace so far.

Episode 4 takes so long to get going that the characters within the story actually apologize for it. I think all of Chiru is pretty well paced though.

Shizuka

Does anyone remember Mangagamer mentioning a year or so ago that they got a publisher license on console gaming platform holders and that they were excited for the future?

Sekai Project panel is about to start if you want to learn of what titles they may or may not release in 2019.

Does anyone remember Mangagamer mentioning a year or so ago that they got a publisher license on console gaming platform holders and that they were excited for the future?
Are you sure it was MangaGamer?

Edit: SP news

Nekopara anime KS is launching soon
Human Reignition Project and Garden of Dreams are dated for 2017
Memory's Dogma releasing later this year
Narcissu is getting physical releases for PS4 and Vita in 2017 through Limited Run

New announcements:
Fatal Twelve (VN from makers of Sound of Drop)
The Emerald Tablet (a JRPG for PC/Vita/PS4)

Shizuka

C8Nwz9h.jpg

Uh, I realized that the panel was today not later tomorrow so it caught me in the middle of lunch at work. On a Saturday shift. Surprise doesn't describe my... surprise!

So, yep, the Character PV of Yume no Sono was released in between the rest. The colorful main cast joins the fray.

It feels odd being in the middle of what I feel are all heavy weights though. I don't know, I'm starting to get nervous. I have no idea if people will find interesting all the lore and topics I will tackle on my works. (I secretly hope so though...)

I'm also setting up a Soundcloud really soon: sound and music are key components in my works as I'm very obsessed about creating a certain sound identity.

I'll release the intro of the trailer in its full version as well as the main menu theme very soon.

A prologue album (with cover art by Japanese artist Asahiro) and some additional materials will be featured tomorrow on Summer Comiket at circle A.R.M.'s booth (an Ar Tonelico doujin circle for those interested, because part of the music is inspired by Gust).

So, yep, thanks to everyone if you checked or, well, even doing a passing glance. Alright, I may probably head back to the GAFdev thread, heh.

Sorcery Jokers is another announcement

So it looks like their lineup is:

Sona-Nyl (on Steam, will use higher res assets from console ports)
Hapymaher
A Kiss for the Petals - The New Generation
Rance 5D
Rance VI remastered
Sorcery Jokers (Steam version too)

Marche90

Sorcery Jokers is another announcement

So it looks like their lineup is:

Sona-Nyl (on Steam, will use higher res assets from console ports)
Hapymaher
A Kiss for the Petals - The New Generation
Rance 5D
Rance VI remastered
Sorcery Jokers (Steam version too)

What amazes me from Sorcery Jokers is that apparently the graphics are drawn to 1080p.

Welp. I'm happy that I purchased my laptop with a 1080p screen now lol.

Yuuichi

That's kind of expected from SP. Their messaging is poor and they are not hesitant to lie to their customer base. Even silencing Dovac isn't going to fix that.

I just hope Baldr Sky comes out at all.

Lie is a strong word, I'm not sure it fits here. They're certainly the kings of over-promising (often too early) and under-delivering, but none of what they've done strikes me as particularly malicious.

Lie is a strong word, I'm not sure it fits here. They're certainly the kings of over-promising (often too early) and under-delivering, but none of what they've done strikes me as particularly malicious.

It's happened in this very thread on at least two occasions. The trust level is pretty low from where I stand. It's at the point where believing SP or their official word requires going out on a limb. It doesn't help that there is a constant tone of contempt coming from their employees. JAST has had their difficulties too, but I've never felt like Peter Payne has been pissing on me.

Top Bottom