• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

Finished Chapter One of Cho Dengeki Stryker, and it is a criminal shame that there isn't any sort of anime adaption for this thing. Unfortunately, the case had arrived split apart in places, but that's not too big of an issue for me. VN runs perfectly fine, and if the rest of it is as hype as Chapter One I would have to recommend it to the high heavens.

Spoiler territory below:

Seeing that the Dengeki Stryker was brought to Japan because of a wish by the main character, I can only assume that the Balbora (sp?) army was also brought to Japan from someone who asked for a similar wish. My guess is that it's the wish of the MC's childhood friend, because I'm pretty sure she'll hold a grudge against him for breaking their childhood promise.

Zweizer

Banned
The suffering never stops.

Edit:
Sumika... 。・゚・( ´Д`)・゚・。

Damn, Yuuko was prepared for fucking everything.

Edit 2:
Yuuko ( ; _ ; )>

cj_iwakura

Day 9 of Heaven's Feel, finally things are happening.

Rot in hell, Shinji. Rot in all of them.

Never would have called Rider as being Medusa.

I checked JAST's page for Shiny Days again, and the release date has moved again to - you guessed it - today. I have a feeling the "release date" is just taking whatever the current calendar day is. :V

celia2q3kx1.jpg

Celia -senpai ~ (´∀`)

Finished Walkure Romanze Re:Tell 2 and it was good, because more Celia is always good. But still, it's seriously time for Ricotta to move the fuck on, they've been doing nothing but Walkure Romanze for like, half a decade. I guess they can't be arsed because releasing yet another Celia figurine is going to make them more money than most companies earn with their full-price games. At some point Komori Kei just has to feel the urge to draw new characters though.

装甲悪鬼村正;161390803 said:
Celia -senpai ~ (´∀`)

Finished Walkure Romanze Re:Tell 2 and it was good, because more Celia is always good. But still, it's seriously time for Ricotta to move the fuck on, they've been doing nothing but Walkure Romanze for like, half a decade. I guess they can't be arsed because releasing yet another Celia figurine is going to make them more money than most companies earn with their full-price games. At some point Komori Kei just has to feel the urge to draw new characters though.

I do not know what that is

But I want it

Marche90

I hope that someone licenses Walkure Romanze in the future. We need a Ricotta VN properly translated.

Would love to get Princess Lover!, too, but probably that ship has sailed already.

That's incredibly vague and could be referring to one of several things, please elaborate.

Chances are the answer is yes as long as it doesn't go overboard.

Mainly just if I'm allowed to talk about stuff like Saya no Uta for its amazing atmosphere and OST or criticize Killer Queen for having the most boring usage ever of a generally proven premise.

Fortunately, it seems like as long as the content gaf finds objectionable doesn't become the forefront of the conversation, games like those are still fine to talk about.

Shiina

Make sure to be careful about making separate threads so concern trolling shitposters don't flood them, get them locked and the discussion banned.

Yuuichi

Mainly just if I'm allowed to talk about stuff like Saya no Uta for its amazing atmosphere and OST or criticize Killer Queen for having the most boring usage ever of a generally proven premise.

Fortunately, it seems like as long as the content gaf finds objectionable doesn't become the forefront of the conversation, games like those are still fine to talk about.

Given the previous and repeated nature of the problem topics in gaming, as long as things stay on topic, which they generally have (let us not forget what happened to that guy who was a little busy trying to run his own crusade a few pages back) we should be fine. This has never really been the place to discuss or argue the "artistic merit" of the games, something I mentioned in the OP (rules bullet #3). Unless a mod steps in to tell me otherwise, I see no reason we can't talk about things like ost, plot, characters, ect.

Given the previous and repeated nature of the problem topics in gaming, as long as things stay on topic, which they generally have (let us not forget what happened to that guy who was a little busy trying to run his own crusade a few pages back) we should be fine. This has never really been the place to discuss or argue the "artistic merit" of the games, something I mentioned in the OP (rules bullet #3). Unless a mod steps in to tell me otherwise, I see no reason we can't talk about things like ost, plot, characters, ect.

Yeah, I know. Basically don't cause a controversy and things should be fine. It's just a shame for the people that do want to discuss the legit aspects of those banned games. Meanwhile, I'm over here talking about Dustmania of all things, lol.

But yeah, last thing I'll say on the subject.

If we've asked people not to talk about a particular game, that includes in this thread and every other community thread. If you think that making a thread about a game would result in the mods banning it from discussion, that seems like a pretty good indication that you shouldn't talk about it.

Thanks.

Got it!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
World End Economica Ep2 is finally completely translated. There's just the editing and engine work left. Hopefully the delays are over.

As someone who is getting the physical copy, I'll have to wait till ep 3 is translated before I get that reward in.

Some many projects right now. I can't wait until they start finishing them up :) Grisaia is getting close to completion (well, Fruit, anyways) but still a bunch that are up in the air. I wonder where they are on Clannad, for example.

As someone who is getting the physical copy, I'll have to wait till ep 3 is translated before I get that reward in.

Some many projects right now. I can't wait until they start finishing them up :) Grisaia is getting close to completion (well, Fruit, anyways) but still a bunch that are up in the air. I wonder where they are on Clannad, for example.

Clannad had a progress update in March, but it'd be nice to hear more often. Though it's a big enough project that I imagine it will take some time.

Vita version when?

Sekai Project is still quiet about whatever is going on with their PSN approval.

Yuuichi

Clannad had a progress update in March, but it'd be nice to hear more often. Though it's a big enough project that I imagine it will take some time.

Last I heard Clannad was targeting Q4 this year, but my expert (arguably baseless) prediction abilities tell me it will instead be very early Q2 2016.

I have physical copies of both WEE and Clannad backed, but I'm in no rush, especially considering my current backlog hell.

Just started Chapter 11 of the Zero Route for Cho Dengeki Stryker, and everything is suffering

If Haruna is only the figment of Yamato's father's imagination, then what the hell happened to Yamato's childhood friend? I mean, I'm sure I'll find out eventually, but I can't read fast enough to do so. ;__;

Yuuichi

This is why I don't do Kickstarter. Shame :(

Of course if someone said they were making a Danganronpa-inspired game, I might have to donate regardless.

I don't blame you. Only two I've ever done were these SP ones, and even that was only because they had completed and delivered a KS before.

I got burned by the Dysfunctional Systems sequel KS. Thankfully it was only 10 Canadian Dollars.

Sekai Prokject's Kickstarters haven't delivered anything but Fault Milestone One, but that was good. We'll see what happens with the rest.

Quixzlizx

I got burned by the Dysfunctional Systems sequel KS. Thankfully it was only 10 Canadian Dollars.

Sekai Prokject's Kickstarters haven't delivered anything but Fault Milestone One, but that was good. We'll see what happens with the rest.

WEE was a kickstarter, unless you consider it not delivering until all three chapters are out.

WEE was a kickstarter, unless you consider it not delivering until all three chapters are out.

Episode one was already out before the KS and wasn't even translated by Sekai Project. The crowdfunding was for the 2nd and 3rd episodes. They haven't delivered anything yet other than delays.

Quixzlizx

Episode one was already out before the KS and wasn't even translated by Sekai Project. The crowdfunding was for the 2nd and 3rd episodes. They haven't delivered anything yet other than delays.

They redid the script for ep 1, didn't they? I've heard the original one was basically Engrish.

Yuuichi

Exogenesis is the first project of a new team, and their last update was a joke update on the first of April. The one before that was in March.

The original date was December last year, but according to the updates they had a lot of problems in terms of employees for porting the game to Unity.

grim-tales

Exogenesis is the first project of a new team, and their last update was a joke update on the first of April. The one before that was in March.

The original date was December last year, but according to the updates they had a lot of problems in terms of employees for porting the game to Unity.

Hopefully it still gets released this year, I was really looking forward to it :(

Yuuichi

On the off chance that someone cares, the La'cryma x 5PB crossover game is getting a PC port, featuring a standard port and a pay more for the r18 edition.

On the flip side, they have a teaser for their next game 「かのつく」, and with tororo on scenario I have reason to believe it will at least try not to suck or just be a vehicle for h, so I've got my eye on that.

Ra1den

Question for VN-GAF:

What do you think are the most difficult English patches to get working properly, of all the currently available translated VNs?

The most trouble I ever had was on Chaos;Head. When I finally got it working, I made sure not to mess with anything on my PC until I completed it.

I still haven't got YU-NO working properly. But I haven't tried that hard yet.

The reason I'm wondering is because I want to prioritize playing the most finicky ones ASAP before I get rid of some of my older Windows XP-running hardware.

Top Bottom