• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Visual Novels Community Thread | A Little Something for Everyone

jonjonaug

Finally. FUCKING FINALLY.

If it took so many months for them to release just the second episode, it will probably take two years or more just to release the original sp episodes.

It's unlikely it will take this long for any more episodes. The delays for chapter 2 were due to issues with staff members leaving more than anything else IIRC.

Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works route

This route seems longer than the fate route. Also, so many interludes.

I got my hopes up that after Saber was taken away that the protagonist would switch back to Tohsaka like the prologue. Nope!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Narcissu is going slowly, but kinda steady. $35,861/$75,000 with 25 days to go. Really hoping it gets to at least 100k for the extra episode.

Narcissu is going slowly, but kinda steady. $35,861/$75,000 with 25 days to go. Really hoping it gets to at least 100k for the extra episode.

It'll get funded, 100k is probably just around the limit of success for it based on how it's tracking, but maybe it'll get done.

Sekai Project's monthly video is up. There are some announcements.

Waga Ie no Koneko-chan (a mobile port to PC)

The Orchard of Stray Sheep A Q1 2016 release

Yume no Sono - Garden of Dreams

G Senjou no Maou coming in November. They apparently have plans for Witch Boy that they will talk about later.

Edit: The Libra of the Vampire Princess prefundia page is up. Their goal is 170k. Though
At over 2.5 million Japanese characters and 60 hours of game play, "Libra" is similar in size to 9 light novels, a MASSIVE undertaking.
Our translation team is sitting on the launch pad, ready to take off, the second we determine the campaign will be funded. The translation will go through multiple passes over the course of 8 months. Rebuilding and debugging will take an additional 2 months. We plan to release "Libra," in the fall of 2016.
Translating a project of that size in 8 months doesn't seem realistic.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
You must resist, you don't have to get them all!

I was really hoping it would just be a KS for digital copies so I could get later... I can't go back to paying for LEs above MSRP anymore (although I've been very lucky in the past).

Jazz573

I'd like to point out that Libra of the Vampire Princess released today in Japan. So it's probably intentional that they put up the Prefundia page today.

Can anyone tell me why Sekai Projects image is crumbling?

From what I can see they are acting bad on VNDB, lose their devs (Sakura) and seems now even VisualArts.

Jazz573

From what I can see they are acting bad on VNDB, lose their devs (Sakura) and seems now even VisualArts.

Key realized they didn't need them. Also, just a general mismanagement of their KSs and other projects.

I trust Fruitbat Factory to do a good job, given that they're made up of mostly former VN fan translators.

I can't speak to any certainty as I don't know what goes on beyond the scenes, but part of it is probably that once a developer/publisher gets established they don't really need Sekai Project anymore. SP isn't like MangaGamer or JAST who have their own distribution networks and sites. Anyone can put a game on Greenlight and get it on Steam, Winged Cloud (Sakura) can go on their own and do that easily. Sekai Project uses contracted staff members or fan translations and VisualArts can go and do that too as they've done with Harmonia, Little Busters, and Tomoyo After.

Key realized they didn't need them. Also, just a general mismanagement of their KSs and other projects.

I just wonder how come they act like that on VNDB (dovac) and that even the Sakura devs, however bad these games might be, know how the SP team thinks about that and talks about games by one of their businesspartners.

Jazz573

I just wonder how come they act like that on VNDB (dovac) and that even the Sakura devs, however bad these games might be, know how the SP team thinks about that and talks about games by one of their businesspartners.

Dovac in general doesn't care about his customers and has actually said as much on Twitter. He just wants the money, that's all.

I doubt dovac saying dumb shit matters much. It's nothing new for him anyway.

Aku-Audi

Well since I'm the resident SP employee in here, I'll just chime in with some stuff here. Everyone is entitled to opinions so I don't mind seeing any of the criticism in here (I write everything down and discuss it in our meetings actually) so please don't stop being honest about how you guys feel. We're all friends be it a stormy night or a sunny day.

First off, I work with dovac every single day, have been for quite some time. Now I'll be honest myself and say that sometimes, it takes me a while to understand his humor on some things but that's the thing, his sarcastic and dry sense of humor can sometimes come off wrong and make things sound bad. This is not an excuse on his behalf, but it is important to state very clearly that if anyone suggest that dovac somehow only cares to make money and doesn't care about fans/the product, then he spectacularly failed his Scrooge McDuck quest so far. He takes great care of us in the company, he always works hours extra when we all turn off the lights. He can be a bit bad at handling vocal minorities due to fatigue but eh, he's not Phil Fish just yet. The new PR and community team is doing stellar work and communication is getting much better by the day.

We are always under NDA, we are always answering to many stipulations, requirements and sometimes confusing requests, and while we love working with everyone it can sometimes cause a bit of a stumble getting this across to the general public. This affects some of the KS projects extensively, since we need final approvals on very small details that can take weeks to clear. Lately though, as I mentioned in the past, the company has hired new people to improve many aspects to SP. Then they hired me and undid all good they ever done.

Seriously though, I don't mind any comments made by any of you and welcome any discussions as free as the sky to take place. I write down many comments, I speak up for them, and its always taken seriously. We haven't had any falling outs or anything of the kind that has been suggested with any parties however. I don't handle the contracts, but I can tell you that we are on good terms with all parties we worked with so far, but we cannot take on every project and that leads to some trying different avenues seeing that there is a market for them even without us doing the work.

Top Bottom