• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

don't get too excited but i believe konami will be announcing a new game for vita shortly
Could be good if they're just publishing it and not deve...

Nah, screw it. Konami is awful and hasn't put out much good the past... long time, so I'm expecting it to be trash.*

* not all of their recent games are trash

Famassu

Yeah, you pretty much said everything I said in infinitely less words. In a comparison with R&C1, ACIT bests it in every way. The only one I'm torn about is Up Your Arsenal, which I love almost as equally as ACIT. UYA was a fantastic ending to the "traditional" R&C games on PS2. ACIT was a fantastic end to the Future series, although I'd love to have another like it on the PS3, but I wouldn't mind Insomniac holding off, and doing an R&C on the PS4 instead.
Yeah. His criticism about latter games being uninspired could perhaps be applied to Tools of Destruction, but with that game you kind of have to understand that it's a bit of a return to roots and an introduction to newcomers, like you said, so it's more like an HD "reboot" of the series than something that tries to take the series forward a lot (that's what ACiT did).

Though, I do have to agree that what they've done after ACiT hasn't been the most mindblowing stuff ever, though they've tried to shake up the formula a bit with the coop stuff in A4O and now tower-defense or something in the most recent one (or is it TD? haven't really followed it much, just waiting for the Vita version). Still, I do have full confidence in them making an awesome Ratchet & Clank 7 for Orbis, if they ever get around to that.

kassatsu

Banned
Next week's Vita games:

Alien Breed (Cross-Buy)
Ecolibrium
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

Urban Trial Freestyle is the 19th and will cost $9.99 on Vita (no cross buy)

Next week's Vita games:

Alien Breed (Cross-Buy)
Ecolibrium
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

tbh nothing to write home about. Didn't really "get" Ecolibrium, it seems one of thouse games that goes "right then, that's all you can do today, piss off until tomorrow". At least it was free. The other two games are apparently fairly dire (assuming the Alien Breed mention is the new trilogy).

cyborg009

Banned
Bonk,Klonoa & Tomba.

I haven't play Bonk or Tomba. I've seen youtube videos of tomba and I just looking at it you can tell the gameplay is dated. Klonoa on the other hand is pretty good but the Playstation 2 Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil was fantastic.

I love sonic but Mario 64 and Spyro 2 weren't so fast but more towards platforming.

edit: name me a good platformer that isn't fast.

Besides the one Toma mentioned, I love Loco Roco and LBP.

I love the slower pace of LBP and how it put's it emphasis in teamwork and attention to the environment. Since you are not an acrobat you have to pay a lot more attention to the environment instead of just jumping into every situation and expect to be able to get out of there 99% of the time.

EDIT:

I haven't play Bonk or Tomba. I've seen youtube videos of tomba and I just looking at it you can tell the gameplay is dated. Klonoa on the other hand is pretty good but the Playstation 2 Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil was fantastic.

No comments.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...

Tomba has tricky platforming with tons of hidden stuff and challenging bosses with light Metroidvania-style level unlocking & backtracking elements, which are mixed with Adventure (Mario Sticker star or The Cave-like) Item puzzles.

I wouldnt exactly call that "dated". If you mean to say that games in the genre have been simplified and streamlined since then and you can only get those games on older machines since they are not made like that anymore, I sort of agree :p

Really, REALLY sucks if it's sold out. I've been dying to upgrade and that price is just perfect. I've bought from them before and they were quick and reliable. Still really wish I could get it.

Also what is with this Konami nonsense? I thought Takao was just wallowing in self anger or something.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Decided to pick up Dynasty Warriors Next since I've enjoyed One Piece Pirate Warriors so much (thank you, sale!). Anything I should know?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Also what is with this Konami nonsense? I thought Takao was just wallowing in self anger or something.

Yeah, he was just messing with us and then backed off knowing that saying this might get him a medium sized shitstorm later :p

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Last I heard, the developer had dropped the Vita version. I believe they were among the ones Sony let lend Vita devkits for free, and from their comments it seemed like they expected Sony to pay for the porting too.

Good riddance then.

I dunno,looking at the software situation..Sony really should pay.

Angry Birds (Sony refused to paid for Vita port) did very well on 3DS in the west.
Boarderland 2 (Again Sony refused to pay for the porting) turned very huge and popular.

I'd say Sony paying for ports jobs is a way better strategy than paying for average exclusives (AC3:L, COD)

So I bought Sly 4, blame VanWinkle. Will post HOPEFULLY SLIGHTLY positive impressions soon >>

went with the PS3 version(you should too), the Vita version just look very bad and run very bad.

I don't know if anyone is interested, but I have some more impressions of Knytt Underground on Vita

Thanks for posting your impressions! I'm only 25 minutes into Ch.1 so far but the game seems interesting. I really like the exploration and the non-linearity of this game. The environments look good and I agree with your opinion of the character models; they seem like a Deviantart fanart kinda thing, which I don't like.

One complaint I have is the size of the text boxes. They're pretty tiny and the font annoys me, but it's bearable since the game is not text heavy. I want to play more, but I keep going back to P4G and FTL.

If Konami ported Suikoden 1+2 to the Vita with trophies I'd pretty much die of happiness. Hell, even if Suikoden 2 was finally on the PSN I'd be happy. A new entry into the canon would be AMAZING.

Toma

Thanks for posting your impressions! I'm only 25 minutes into Ch.1 so far but the game seems interesting. I really like the exploration and the non-linearity of this game. The environments look good and I agree with your opinion of the character models; they seem like a Deviantart fanart kinda thing, which I don't like.

One complaint I have is the size of the text boxes. They're pretty tiny and the font annoys me, but it's bearable since the game is not text heavy. I want to play more, but I keep going back to P4G and FTL.

Good man.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
If Konami ported Suikoden 1+2 to the Vita with trophies I'd pretty much die of happiness. Hell, even if Suikoden 2 was finally on the PSN I'd be happy. A new entry into the canon would be AMAZING.

For Konami Suikoden is dead IP, the fans should accept this reality and move on already.. let it rest in peace in dead games heaven.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I have a small emergency guys. I just bought My wife a 3DS and myself a Vita for this last christmas and have been loving the hell out of this handheld. Easily more than any other portable gaming i've had my hands on. Shortly before christmas my wife found out she has Spondiloropathy and progressive RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) at the age of 25.

It sucks.

ANYWAYS... hospital/Doc/Rx bills have basically killed my fun funds and just a few days ago i found my vita.. on the ground.. and my 3 year old daughter had apparently found our super glue and left a giant mf'ing glob on my Vita screen. It's now hardened and i'm trying to come up with ways to get it off without fucking my screen sideways. Alcohol swabs/solvent of sorts is my first thought but i don't want to mangle my pretty screen (might be too late for that anyways).

So... I ask... ideas? tips? I'll be checking this weekend for any warranty saftey net i might have as an option but i almost never take that shit from gamestop and i know sony won't hook it up via the kindness of their heart.

And I am so fucking looking forward to this year with my glowing friend. :( all the sads.

Top Bottom