• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I know this is a fat chance but is there anyone who'd like to trade with my MGS HD collection with Rayman Origins/Ragnarok Odyssey/Dokuro? Only thing is I live in the Philippines, but maybe there's I can work out?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Finally got around to starting P4G last night. Only played the first few days, but the presentation is pretty eat. The opening intro was amazing - so this is what vita games are supposed to look like. Ingame models are obviously lower detail but still good.

I have no idea what I'm doing, it's just starting off but very good first impressions.

Next week's Vita games:

Alien Breed (Cross-Buy)
Ecolibrium
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken

Urban Trial Freestyle is the 19th and will cost $9.99 on Vita (no cross buy)

Which Alien Breed is it? The 2D originals or the remade 3D top-down trilogy?

And that's an awesome price for Trials.

Which Alien Breed is it? The 2D originals or the remade 3D top-down trilogy?

And that's an awesome price for Trials.

Original by the looks of it. I picked it up today off of the euro psn and it includes the original ab, the ab special edition and three other level packs. Its got the original Amiga graphics as well as redone graphics as well as full multiplayer options.

Seems really good so far, I never played much of the game on my Amiga at e time so I'm really enjoying the game. Tough as nails at times but I'd expect nothing less!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So is that Konami game a 'big' deal? is it supposed to be announced today?
They're supposed to announce their Japanese-only baseball game right around now, but that's not much of a surprise. Is this supposed to be a US announcement?

SmokyDave

Got drunk and bought Shinobido last night. Not played it yet because I passed out while it was downloading.

I regret nothing. I've had my eye on it for ages.

Is the 1.05 patch for PS Allstars known to cause audio issues? Cause ever since I downloaded it the music on the main menu along with character voices in the arcade mode don't exist.

edit - Searching around has yielded me results that it is a known issue. With that said, I'm highly impressed with the game. It looks beautiful and plays great. I'm very glad I bought it for 20 bucks.

PS Plus is really good, I completely forgot about this month's games. Going to finish AC and LBP in the next 2 days and switch to PS Plus to who knows when!

Got drunk and bought Shinobido last night. Not played it yet because I passed out while it was downloading.

I regret nothing. I've had my eye on it for ages.

haha, can't said it didn't happen to me. Coming back from a pub with a dizzy head and booting up the store to buy some random game. Sadly that's not the worst thing I've bought drunk, thanks to smartphones I've bought some very stupid stuff right from the table.

Shoyz

Some Samurai & Dragons impressions..not really sure why anybody likes it. 90% of the gameplay consists of of Facebook Strategy Time-Waster gameplay. Build buildings, wait minutes/hours for progress unless you spend money. Repeat endlessly as time required increases..you know the drill. Even uses the same bog-standard resource system (Wood, Iron, Stone, Food...)

Once you get sick of the monotony you have monster cards/units you can control by making a small party out of them, sending them out to conquer areas, and leveling them up. Typical Facebook game so far, all it's missing is the Energy system (but to be fair, what's the difference between waiting an hour for energy and waiting an hour for a queued building to finish upgrading, really.)

And it's really deserving of it's own point: this aspect of the gameplay seems suspiciously web-based. It's natural for there to be a delay given I'm playing the Asian/HK version from the US, but there's a good 5-6 second delay for every submission/update in this part of the game, feels a lot like those iPhone/Android games where it's an integrated browser.

The only real switch-up is the Dungeon gameplay. You have a set number of dungeon runs you can complete at any given time (cap seems to be around 10 + bonus runs, not sure what the regen is) in which you play a 3D dungeon crawler with up to 3 allies and kill monsters, and a boss, to win. The experience differs depending on how many players there are.
1 Player: Very challenging, each hit can take up to a good third of your life away and you'll need to make a lot of use out of the dodge mechanic. A bit unforgiving even in the first, lowest-level dungeon.
2 Player: Probably the sweet-spot, this keeps the game's difficulty in tact while giving you an ally to split up the hoard of monsters.
4 Player: Clusterf##k. Everybody just spams the basic attacks and none of the monsters have any chance. Not sure if any of the further-in dungeons are more ambitious.

While it sounds far more palatable for 1-2, 3 tops players, bear in mind that when you die (which is incredibly easy given the high damages and the cheap boss attacks you sometimes cannot dodge), you're dead for good. And the only way to revive is, you guessed it, money. Completion rewards you some packs of cards for that dungeon you can open, which can reward weapons, some gems which can create weapon 'skins', and you can unlock new skills and such. It's different, but I don't know if I'd really consider it much fun. It's monotonous in 4-player and unforgiving for less.

The last real feature or selling-point for the game is the fact that SEGA brings in some of it's franchises in the form of event cards you can buy, currently for the month of February is a Shining Blade set, and the JP version runs the gamut, including Miku cards for one example. The downside: Beyond a small allowance of CP (only there to get you hooked after a taste), they are only obtainable with money. How much? Maths:
500CP = $39 HK. $39 HK = $5 USD. (Bear in mind buying the PSN cards would be more expensive than a direct conversion, 200HK from play-asia is $30 USD).
A single card from the Shining Blade pack: 300CP. Or, roughly $3 a random -card-. From a set of 35 with four rarity tiers.

S&D is probably the best example of a money sink game I've ever seen. It's main form is a town-building Waiting game where you pay money to do it faster, it's second form is a dungeon fighter where you pay money to revive (and likely pay money to get additional dungeon runs), and its third form is a card game of sorts where you pay literally $3 a piece with no option of earning them in-game. And the game isn't even fun to play. I don't get it.

zulux21

So, is 600,000 copies for Assassin's Creed Liberation good news or not? Guillemot tells us not to rule out Vita yet.

It is likely good news. with the install base at the time of release you really couldn't expect that much more, especially for a title that didn't exactly review the best. If they actually took the time to make a title that would review well it wouldn't be surprising to reach 1 million sales... and as we move to next gen... I would think if you can sell 1 million copies of a title on a yearly basis using last gen's resources it would likely be worth the investment, especially if sales continue to increase as the install base gets bigger as there is no way we reach this fall without a price cut to the vita, which should help it's sales...

I just hope sony has enough since to make the price cut soon. If the ps4 is coming this fall I can't imagine it would be a good idea for a price cut this fall for the vita... especially when I feel this fall holiday season is a good time to price cut the ps3, and really go for a family console with the ps3 this fall, and a gamer console with the ps4 this fall.

mace999

Neo Member
When is that Oddworld : Strangers Wrath getting a + discount, I heard the developer saying it's gonna get a discount like it did in the EU store but he's waiting on Sonys approval !?!?

Anybody know any news ???

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Wow, is that the portable version? No aliasing for the planning lines is really rough. :(

Still, I think the touch interface will be good, just have to fix the fucked maps for multiplayer.

Thats not the portable version, but a really old build of the PC version. Beta still I think.

wouwie

Currently in the middle of stage 10 in Dokuro. Skipped 7 levels so far (mostly boss battles) and had to cheat once for a level i just didn't see the solution (a shame though for just the one level).

I have no clue how many stages there are in total but i'm continuing my quest to finish this thing completing all stages (and without cheating any more levels hopefully) and all the collectibles.

Fun game and highly recommended for puzzle fans. Made with love and passion and featuring some neat puzzles and varying gameplay.

Also bought Escape plan in the vita sale. Add to this quantum conundrum free for PS+ and i'm in puzzle heaven at the moment.

Currently in the middle of stage 10 in Dokuro. Skipped 7 levels so far (mostly boss battles) and had to cheat once for a level i just didn't see the solution (a shame though for just the one level).

I have no clue how many stages there are in total but i'm continuing my quest to finish this thing completing all stages (and without cheating any more levels hopefully) and all the collectibles.

Fun game and highly recommended for puzzle fans. Made with love and passion and featuring some neat puzzles and varying gameplay.

Also bought Escape plan in the vita sale. Add to this quantum conundrum free for PS+ and i'm in puzzle heaven at the moment.

Wut.

The boss battles are the easiest part!

Dingotech

I can't for the life of me join a public co-op game of Unit 13 hosting or joining...
It just acts fine till the level is loading then after a while the screen goes black and eventually a message pops up either saying I quit unexpectantly or the other player left. I've tried like 30 times now.... (I've got NAT type-2 if that matters?)
Anybody know if a private match will work? Anybody want to try?

PSN ID - Dingotech-US

EDIT - Fuuu one finally joins and I die... >_<
EDIT 2 - Nice joined another and I actually revived my teammate twice, flap the guy that left me hanging!

Why would that be your first assumption? Of course they weren't all at full price (and not even all sold through), and of course it includes bundles. I mean, come on.

Glad to know you have proof of what you are stating. :p

I said "if" for a reason. But AC3:L is still $40/= to $40 in most places, just saying

Sid

so Sly TIT (lol) demo is released in EU on the 20th. of february..
FatboyReaction.gif

Shoyz

I know that Asia DLC codes are region-locked to the HK/etc market, anybody know if Japanese DLC codes can only be used on Japanese PSN accounts? Wondering if I can import a Japanes titles and use the DLC on my Hong Kong account or if I have to wait (hope) for an Asian preorder to open up later.

dan2026

Gah Vita releases are dryer than the Sahara at the moment.
Next game I'm interested in is Ninja Gaiden many words plus 2 Sigma.
Better be 60fps, or I cry.

What makes it worse is that loads of stuff is coming out in Japan.
Is nobody willing to do some cheap localisation?

zulux21

Gah Vita releases are dryer than the Sahara at the moment.
Next game I'm interested in is Ninja Gaiden many words plus 2 Sigma.
Better be 60fps, or I cry.

What makes it worse is that loads of stuff is coming out in Japan.
Is nobody willing to do some cheap localisation?

localizations aren't instant. we already have some of the titles confirmed for later this year... likely a couple more will be confirmed later this year closer to their release.

Original by the looks of it. I picked it up today off of the euro psn and it includes the original ab, the ab special edition and three other level packs. Its got the original Amiga graphics as well as redone graphics as well as full multiplayer options.

Seems really good so far, I never played much of the game on my Amiga at e time so I'm really enjoying the game. Tough as nails at times but I'd expect nothing less!

Cool beans.

That said...the more I think about it, the more I'd love Alien Breed Assault on Vita. A nice semi-proxy to the Killzone: Liberation 2 we never got. Dual stick isometric/top-down shooter. Loved the pace of the Assault demo, would go down a treat on Vita.

hurzelein

Does anyone know where I can buy more of the small blue Amaray Cases for the Vita? Wanted to make Custom Covers for my downloadable games.

Thanks

Chairhome

Okay, I bought FFIV Complete Collection and installed it on my vita. I saved a game so it would create a folder, then transferred the save onto my PC through the content manager. I then went into the folder that had the save game, overwrote it with the save files that I had pulled from my PSP, then went through content manager and brought them back to my Vita.

I try to "Load Game" on my Vita and it says that the save file is corrupt. Am I missing a step? Am I screwed? Do I have to start over? :-(

Shit. Somehow I managed to download an older Jetpack Joyride save I had uploaded to PS Plus instead of uploading my current one. I'd already gotten all the trophies, but still I enjoyed the game and that killed any desire to ever play it again.

I know this is a fat chance but is there anyone who'd like to trade with my MGS HD collection with Rayman Origins/Ragnarok Odyssey/Dokuro? Only thing is I live in the Philippines, but maybe there's I can work out?
Sure. I'll trade it with ragnarok. Just pm me your details.

Arukado

Damn, i didn't expect it but i'm having a blast with Knytt Underground. The 2 first chapters are slighty dissapointing, but the third chapter is the real deal. The platform mechanics work very well and the soundtrack is great.

I love me some metroidvanias.

Top Bottom