• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

VanWinkle

the original 3 R&C games >>>>x1000>>>>>> every other R&C rehashes.

Seriously every R&C games that came after Up Your Arsenal were just unworthy lazy rehashes with outdated gameplay and recycled ideas with nothing new in them.

Agreed. Tools of Destruction and A Crack in Time were both fantastic. Especially A Crack in Time. Soooo good.

Grisby

Got a question vita lovers. Can I use the cloud save transfer feature in sly and the upcoming doa5 if I don't have playstation plus?

Anyone know if the NA market is getting anymore Vita bundles? I think the AC:L bundle is completely sold out around here and the Call of Duty bundle has run it's course. Perhaps a MLB the Show bundle or Soul Sacrifice. They should be shoving Tearaway into every unit sold and advertise it to death, it has by far the widest appeal, that and Killzone Mercenary.

Tearaway has appeal? News to me.
Still hope it does well.

Seriously every R&C games that came after Up Your Arsenal were just unworthy lazy rehashes with outdated gameplay and recycled ideas with nothing new in them.

This doesn't happen often.
But I cannot possibly agree with you more.
This might be the most I've ever agreed with you. :D

Seriously. The 2nd and 3rd games (GC/UYA) were amazing. That Captain Quark sidescroller was amazing.
The PS3 games have done nothing but disappoint me, other than looking really pretty. I mean, they're solid, but they're just not as good. And it's not the nostalgia talking either. I just played the first R&C HD a few months ago and I loved playing it again more than any of my time with the 3 PS3 titles I've played.

Rayman Origins didn't really perform (sell) very well on the HD consoles - but do we have any idea how well the game performed (sold) on Vita?

I wonder this, as Rayman Legends was just announced as going multiplatform to also end up on PS3/360. Is it possible we may see a Vita iteration sometime in 2014 - after it's had a run on the consoles - like Origins before it? I don't expect concrete answers, just inquiring out of curiosity and wondering if an appearance, later on Vita, makes financial sense for Ubisoft.

Either way, I'll play that game eventually - loved the demo on the WiiU at GameStop.

Rayman Origins didn't really perform (sell) very well on the HD consoles - but do we have any idea how well the game performed (sold) on Vita?

I wonder this, as Rayman Legends was just announced as going multiplatform to also end up on PS3/360. Is it possible we may see a Vita iteration sometime in 2014 - after it's had a run on the consoles - like Origins before it? I don't expect concrete answers, just inquiring out of curiosity and wondering if an appearance, later on Vita, makes financial sense for Ubisoft.

Either way, I'll play that game eventually - loved the demo on the WiiU at GameStop.
I'm guessing that after the console SKUs this fall, we'll get a PC/Vita/3DS version in early 2014.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Doesn't really have anything new, but a reporter from Kotaku went to ATLUS and got to play an early build of Dragon's Crown (all the way near the end of the article); says it's essentially "Odin Sphere with co-op".

While visiting Atlus's offices, I had the chance to sit down and play a bit of Dragon's Crown, the Vanillaware game that Atlus will release later this year for PS3 and Vita. It was an early build, but it feels very much like Vanillaware's other games—slick and beautiful. As I wrote in my notebook: "It's Odin Sphere with co-op!"

I'll believe it when I see it

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'll believe it when I see it

vRboS4J.gif

I'm guessing that after the console SKUs this fall, we'll get a PC/Vita/3DS version in early 2014.

Echoed my estimations/logic to a tee ^_^

Every time you post, I think of Bleeding Love

If I recall, you're into fighting games (from observation) - have you played DoA5 yet? Do you think + will be one of the better fighters on Vita? Its by far my favorite fighting franchise, but I've yet to play 5 - though I loved the recent 3DS DoA: Dimensions and am looking forward to 5+

anddo0

I also have game ADD, I'm playing through like 6-7 games ATM :/ plus YouTube

I'm playing a little bit of everything right now. I got Oddworld and NGS+ out the rotation. So no more story based games until NGS2+.

I'm mostly playing EDF, Sonic Racing, Ragnarok Odyssey and PSABR. Seems like a lot, but they're all pick up and play. So it's easy to manage.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Doesnt work retroactive.

And... use the power with caution.
Worse comes to worse, we'll have to switch to more risqué gifs.

But really, the constant skepticism despite evidence to the contrary brings me to tears.

Echoed my estimations/logic to a tee ^_^

Every time you post, I think of Bleeding Love

If I recall, you're into fighting games (from observation) - have you played DoA5 yet? Do you think + will be one of the better fighters on Vita? Its by far my favorite fighting franchise, but I've yet to play 5 - though I loved the recent 3DS DoA: Dimensions and am looking forward to 5+
DOA5 is amazing, and even better since the 1.03 patch that improved the quality of the online to parity with the likes of TTT2 and VF5:FS. Not a huge amount of single player content, but the story mode is quite the ride and the fighting is as fast and fluid as ever.

My only complaints:

- Not enough costumes for the male characters (hey, if the horny manbros get to enjoy some fanservice, why can't we gerls?)
- The gritty new art style has served the character designs well, but resulted in many stages being little more than drab, brown and gray boxes and in the music being utterly unmemorable
- I don't like the new male announcer. I miss the ditzy "Get ready, FIIIIII" lady

DOA5+ will stand head and shoulders above the rest of the Vita's fighting game lineup when it's launched. I look forward to hosting daily Vita-GAF lobbies and making sure you bleed something else :p

I'm playing a little bit of everything right now. I got Oddworld and NGS+ out the rotation. So no more story based games until NGS2+.

I'm mostly playing EDF, Sonic Racing, Ragnarok Odyssey and PSABR. Seems like a lot, but they're all pick up and play. So it's easy to manage.

I'm playing;

Gravity rush
HSG
EDF
Binary domain
Driver San Fran
Minecraft
Far cry 3
Xcom
Hard reset
Halo 4
Vanquish
Sonic generations
Torchlight
Path of exile
Hawken
Dayz
Planetside 2
Sleeping dogs
And then lots of small games

:/

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
I'm playing;

Gravity rush
HSG
EDF
Binary domain
Driver San Fran
Minecraft
Far cry 3
Xcom
Hard reset
Halo 4
Vanquish
Sonic generations
Torchlight
Path of exile
Hawken
Dayz
Planetside 2
Sleeping dogs
And then lots of small games

:/

haha! i think i like you more and more each day.

Dissidia Duodecim is the all-consuming time monster that the first game was. Visuals are very good by PSP 3D standards and the game is still a huge pile of fun for people like me who enjoy their fighting games as strictly content tourists. Great buy for the $10 I paid for it.

I should probably try out that PSASBR code I got with my Liberation bundle at some point if I like lightweight brawlers/fighters amenible to content tourism, shouldn't I? Even if I dislike mascot games as a rule.

PC+handhelds has been my take on gaming for almost a decade. I tuned out of the PS2 generation in late 2001/2002 and haven't really looked back at consoles since.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I should probably try out that PSASBR code I got with my Liberation bundle at some point if I like lightweight brawlers/fighters amenible to content tourism, shouldn't I? Even if I dislike mascot games as a rule.

Yes.

Also, I still didnt manage to get into 012, the system is so obtuse.

PC+handhelds has been my take on gaming for almost a decade. I tuned out of the PS2 generation in late 2001/2002 and haven't really looked back at consoles since.

SotC, man. SotC.
Resident Evil 4.
Journey.
Xenoblade.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Thanks!

That's the problem when you have all the platforms though, too many games :(

I might pick only one next gen

i've been trying really hard over the past few years to limit the amount of games i am playing at once.

whats wierd is that i was infatuated with Ni No Kuni, and this past week i've stopped playing because Vita! just more accessible, especially when the gf is watching the tv.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
i've been trying really hard over the past few years to limit the amount of games i am playing at once.

whats wierd is that i was infatuated with Ni No Kuni, and this past week i've stopped playing because Vita! just more accessible, especially when the gf is watching the tv.

Still need to finish that. I was in a point where I felt the need to grind a bit, and lost interest to do that compared to getting back to some Vita games.

Yeah :) I've found myself only really playing vita/PC with the occasional console game, I get so much stuff from plus that I don't even bother to download because I'd like to play it but I don't gave time

Edit: just realised I still need to finish sc2 + Diablo 3 and tera went f2p so I need to play more of that :/

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Still need to finish that. I was in a point where I felt the need to grind a bit, and lost interest to do that compared to getting back to some Vita games.

i'd like to talk more about NNK here but this thread is not the place :/

Yeah :) I've found myself only really playing vita/PC with the occasional console game, I get so much stuff from plus that I don't even bother to download because I'd like to play it but I don't gave time

Edit: just realised I still need to finish sc2 + Diablo 3 and tera went f2p so I need to play more of that :/

oh man.. just too many things to do/games to play and not enough hours in a day!! i know the feeling, the biggest curse/blessing to PS+ is that you don't even have to buy any games and you still develop a backlog!!

i usually have 1-2 games in the active rotation going on ps3, with 1-2 story/lengthy games going on vita, and then whatever pick up and play games i can fill up my 4gb card with...so dead when i buy a 32/64/128 card :$

DOA5 is amazing, and even better since the 1.03 patch that improved the quality of the online to parity with the likes of TTT2 and VF5:FS. Not a huge amount of single player content, but the story mode is quite the ride and the fighting is as fast and fluid as ever.

My only complaints:

- Not enough costumes for the male characters (hey, if the horny manbros get to enjoy some fanservice, why can't we gerls?)
- The gritty new art style has served the character designs well, but resulted in many stages being little more than drab, brown and gray boxes and in the music being utterly unmemorable
- I don't like the new male announcer. I miss the ditzy "Get ready, FIIIIII" lady

DOA5+ will stand head and shoulders above the rest of the Vita's fighting game lineup when it's launched. I look forward to hosting daily Vita-GAF lobbies and making sure you bleed something else :p

Sounds good, I've got it preordered, the wait for 3/19 will be agonizing.

February has Sly and NGS2+/3DS Fire Emblem, Brain Age and Etrian 4
March has MLBtheShow13 and DoA5+/3DS Castlevania, Monster Hunter Ultimate and Luigis Mansion
April has Soul/Textures Sacrifice/3DS?

Pretty good for handheld systems.

Beyond April.....haven't a clue of what to look forward to until September 17 (Killzone Mercenary)

You're a beast.

I couldn't keep track of that many games at once.. I finished Ni No Kuni and DMC collection this week as well. But I have nothing on you. I feel normal now :) Keep on gaming Vitabro!

Well three of them are for YouTube so I can just watch to see where I was, then some- like path of exile, minecraft etc are just sort of play whenever

Got a question vita lovers. Can I use the cloud save transfer feature in sly and the upcoming doa5 if I don't have playstation plus?
Yes. Cross-save games use a PSN feature called Title User Storage that gives all games 1 MB of "cloud space" per PSN user to play around with. Previously it was mainly used to store profiles for online multiplayer games, but then Kojima realized it could re-purposed for "Transfarring", and Sony followed up with the whole Cross-save initiative.

ZeroAKA

I've only been gaming on my Vita lately, mostly switching between Persona 4 Golden and Hatsune Miku Project Diva f with a bit of Ragnarok Odyssey on the side. Does anyone know if Ragnarok Odyssey online is locked to only your region?

Cross-save games use a PSN feature called Title User Storage that gives all games 1 MB of "cloud space" per PSN user to play around with.
D:

Thanks!

That's the problem when you have all the platforms though, too many games :(

I might pick only one next gen

I want a WiiU, but as a secondary system. Main system wise, I really am anticipating PS4 the most. Having had 360 this gen, I have become disappointed with the recent MS philosophy of discarding gamers, to embrace entertainment media and that doesn't sit well.

Over time, I've grown respect for Sony and their development of a vast first party portfolio.

Platform agnostic and satiating gaming interests: I went with 3DS to catch up on the great Nintendo charm that was lacking on 360 (didn't really get into Wii). I later went with Vita at launch, to embrace the Sony IPs I'd been missing out on, with no PS3. I wanted and want something from everyone, as they all have strengths and weaknesses, as system and IPs.

However, next gen is the problem. My partner and his head are so far up the rear for MS. Anytime we discuss next gen, I'll bring up the reports of Orbis or Durango. He will then brush it off as my believing GAF rumor and speculation (if its negative to Durango, that im a bandwagon-er), and how stuff like the media hub of 360 is so easy to use, etc.

We even got into a debate over first party development (as a core gamer, he is clueless) - and I was arguing that first party exclusives push the system farther than third party efforts - tech and graphically. He countered, saying that's inherently false and that in programming, engines are scalable to games can be the best on each system...I wanted to pull my ears off.

So next gen, at a crossroad. I want PS4 - they have IPs that interest me. He wants Durango/720, but won't outright admit to it - and uses the we have to see each system and see what MS reveals to decide.

Sorry, long winded....but yes, home system wise - I don't even know.

Vita, hopefully will have Gaikai integration and that's a selling point I can leverage (I hope).

Massa

I've only been gaming on my Vita lately, mostly switching between Persona 4 Golden and Hatsune Miku Project Diva f with a bit of Ragnarok Odyssey on the side. Does anyone know if Ragnarok Odyssey online is locked to only your region?

D:

It's 1MB per game.

I want a WiiU, but as a secondary system. Main system wise, I really am anticipating PS4 the most. Having had 360 this gen, I have become disappointed with the recent MS philosophy of discarding gamers, to embrace entertainment media and that doesn't sit well.
Snip.

Daaaaaaamn...

That's a hell of a problem :(

VanWinkle

So pumped for PS4, you guys. Not seeing how Cross games are going to work though. Games on PS3 are already too big to fit everything properly on the Vita side, and now on PS4 it will probably be even more so. That's why I'm hoping for a new low latency remote play rework and some additional functionality.

Derrick01

Banned

Play 1 and 2 now, they fucking suck compared to up your arsenal and the PS3 games. You want to talk about outdated gameplay, 1 and 2 don't even have half the things that are in those 3 games.

I just want the anti-toto gif power :p

I just use the anti Toto ignore power. Works great.

So pumped for PS4, you guys. Not seeing how Cross games are going to work though. Games on PS3 are already too big to fit everything properly on the Vita side, and now on PS4 it will probably be even more so. That's why I'm hoping for a new low latency remote play rework and some additional functionality.

I'm betting we'll see some cross games. Remember, they reduce the resolution A LOT for the Vita screen, so that saves a chunk right there. Plus there are more advanced methods of texture compression and whatnot.

I'm not even sure how Vita will scale PS4 games, they do take a hit trying to scale PS3 games already.

Hopefully, the Vita will prove scaleable/scalable (sp?) in some form next gen. I'd even go as far as to rebuy a future Vita with an improved CPU/SGX graphics chip (and RAM), if it means more scaleable/scalable (sp?) and adds improved graphical gaming performance. Theoretically, Sony could improve the chips (and RAM) in the Vita over time, while keeping the current Vita as the minimum benchmark. I'd imagine it would work much like iOS games scale bells and whistles for iPhone 5/iPad4, while still working on iPhone4/iPad2/iPodTouch4....

I wouldn't want this sort of revision frequently or annually - but maybe in 2014 or 2015. I'd prefer gaming systems not follow a disposable mobile model, but I'd like to keep better gaming performance, over thenincreasingly powerful non-core gaming mobile platforms.

mauaus

Did Atlus ever reveal P4G sales numbers?
People need to buy this game, im loving it so much!!! 65 hours and not slowing down!!

Play 1 and 2 now, they fucking suck compared to up your arsenal and the PS3 games. You want to talk about outdated gameplay, 1 and 2 don't even have half the things that are in those 3 games.

I just did... and as I said above, R&C (the original) was better than any PS3 incarnation of the series (though I can't judge the latest digital title, as I haven't played it). I'm not sure where the PSP game stacks up either, as the PS2 port came out way too late for me to care.

The only place they were lacking is graphics, but they converted to HD nicely. I sold both of the retail PS3 games when I finished them.

I don't plan on ever getting rid of my HD collection.

I'm not even sure how Vita will scale PS4 games, they do take a hit trying to scale PS3 games already.

Hopefully, the Vita will prove scaleable/scalable (sp?) in some form next gen. I'd even go as far as to rebuy a future Vita with an improved CPU/SGX graphics chip (and RAM), if it means more scaleable/scalable (sp?) and adds improved graphical gaming performance. Theoretically, Sony could improve the chips (and RAM) in the Vita over time, while keeping the current Vita as the minimum benchmark. I'd imagine it would work much like iOS games scale bells and whistles for iPhone 5/iPad4, while still working on iPhone4/iPad2/iPodTouch4....

I wouldn't want this sort of revision frequently or annually - but maybe in 2014 or 2015. I'd prefer gaming systems not follow a disposable mobile model, but I'd like to keep better gaming performance, over thenincreasingly powerful non-core gaming mobile platforms.

If the PS4 is powerful enough, and it's thought about beforehand, I bet they could just render natively to Vita resolution for remote play.

Derrick01

Banned
I just did... and as I said above, R&C (the original) was better than any PS3 incarnation of the series (though I can't judge the latest digital title, as I haven't played it). I'm not sure where the PSP game stacks up either, as the PS2 port came out way too late for me to care.

The only place they were lacking is graphics, but they converted to HD nicely. I sold both of the retail PS3 games when I finished them.

I don't plan on ever getting rid of my HD collection.

1's the worst of the whole bunch with that control lag Ratchet has to go along with a lot less content. They're not even comparable to the ps3 games in quality or content.

Did Atlus ever reveal P4G sales numbers?
People need to buy this game, im loving it so much!!! 65 hours and not slowing down!!

I have it but I need to sit down and really dig in.

I'm juggling Sly 4, MGSHD collection, NFSMW, CoDBLOPSD, Sonic Transformed and NGS+...and others. Not to mention 3DS games.

Also, any answers on my previous question about deleting non game PSN (movies) from Vita?

:0(

Top Bottom