• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Shai-Tan

Banned
The Vita will have much better connectivity to the PS4 than PS3. It will be present only in this form, just to show case the connectivity between the 2 devices.

As far as games, i am expecting Sony to announce (leaked) GR2, Uncharted something maybe some other games at Playstation Destination at the end of the month.

Assuming there aren't any hardware issues on the Vita side. I wouldn't be surprised if good game streaming required a new Vita model with a better wireless radio.

edit: top of the page recommendation - Dokuro is a fun puzzle performer with short ish levels; and don't forget to download Aqua Kitty for free from the PS Mobile side of the store before the update tomorrow

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
so am I silly for hoping for better remote play support between Vita and and PS4 or whatecer?

also is Sly the exact same game between Vita and PS3 or is the mobile version different?

-There is a possibility, mostly between Vita's eventual revision and PS4 since they can do it right that why.

-it's the same game (just run worse,with longer loading times and worse graphics).

Going all digital feels soo good.
3AQmK.gif
32GB card almost full now.

If anyone bought a new Vita recently or are planning on buying a new Vita, and want to get $20 PSN credit, I still have some referral slots left for the PS Vita referral program.

psvita.amplifinity.com/offer
referral number: 14224003

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
3AQmK.gif

my card is full,and it forced my to remove all the PSM trash and many PSP games.

now I'm holding out for a bigger memory card, multi memory cards are just annoying and 32GB is not enough, I want 128GB at least (hurry up Sony..and make it cheap)

cyborg009

Banned
my card is full,and it forced my to remove all the PSM trash and many PSP games.

now I'm holding out for a bigger memory card, multi memory cards are just annoying and 32GB is not enough, I want 128GB at least (hurry up Sony..and make it cheap)

You buy from PSM?

Never had you down as an optimist Toto lol.

I deleted my PSP games too. I almost bought all the games I had on cards. I think all I need is Hot Shots Golf and Resistance Burning Skies. I'm hoping for bigger memory cards to get announced soon too. The day that happens I'll order one day 1.

friz898

I'm starting to get nervous about the lack of info for MLB '13 Vita.

I read the one post about a month or so ago that had a list of all the improvements and changes.....but this time last year we already had some demos by Santa Monica themselves showing off the Vita version.

Please Please Please be an improvement worth purchasing!

Also, I'm getting close to giving up on KickBeat. I know Zen is still working on it, you can see them acknowledge that on their forums, but I'm starting to think it's going to be a quiet unforgotten release that we don't remember until it's on a PSN Update announcement list sometime in Summer/Fall.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

I read the one post about a month or so ago that had a list of all the improvements and changes.....but this time last year we already had some demos by Santa Monica themselves showing off the Vita version.

Most likely it will be just MLB 12: The Show with updated rosters(EA style)

we already had some demos by Santa Monica themselves showing off the Vita version.

you mean SCE San Diego ?

because if it was SCE Santa Monica they'll let their janitor handle the Vita version. (Santa Monica don't care about Vita)

Toto that reminds me of how Sony San Diego was supposed to be finishing Warrior's Lair... who else hopes they have an update on it at the 20th event?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Toto that reminds me of how Sony San Diego was supposed to be finishing Warrior's Lair... who else hopes they have an update on it at the 20th event?

Unless it is now PS4 exclusive I don't think we'll see in in PS meeting(it should be PS4 only party).

I honestly think that game is dead anyway, that old leaked footage looked very bad, Idol Minds wasted Sony's money on a crappy game (not a surprise after the unfunny mess that is Pain) and I don't think San Diego were able to fix it, it just looked like total poop.

Hmm I thought you hated it since it was a failure.

Also you did answer my question the other day :[

it is a complete failure, shitty games,shitty pricing and lack of useful apps,me buying stuff on it don't change this fact.

also I'm just buying crap on it now so that Marvelous AQL port GT Master to it (hopefully).

Unless it is now PS4 exclusive I don't think we'll see in in PS meeting(it should be PS4 only party).

I honestly think that game is dead anyway, that old leaked footage looked very bad, Idol Minds wasted Sony's money on a crappy game (not a surprise after the unfunny mess that is Pain) and I don't think San Diego were able to fix it, it just looked like total poop.

Why you make me so sad ;( I thought it looked good..

Also I was totally rocking DJMAX today during my lunch break - I'm totally getting the hang of pop mix, I can easily do five start rating songs and up now. I really wanted to get further in Persona but DJMAX is just so damn addicting. I've also been rocking NFS: Most Wanted, currently at like 33% completion on single player stuff.

Akira_83

Banned
can i work with you where you are being played to play shitty multiplayer games while working?

what a job.

eh its not that glorious

i work in IT, helpdesk specifically... so i just spend my whole day on neogaf and pretend to work and close tickets while playing iphone games and sneaking my vita in to do tedious stuff like this

zulux21

there will be some improvements, but they already said it wont be just like the ps3 version especially when it comes to presentation stuff. With the 3gb limit they just can't make it happen... they would nee to make the game at least 8gb to make it a full ps3 copy.

friz898

there will be some improvements, but they already said it wont be just like the ps3 version especially when it comes to presentation stuff. With the 3gb limit they just can't make it happen... they would nee to make the game at least 8gb to make it a full ps3 copy.

Ya oops. I knew that too Toto, thanks for the correction.

As for Zulux21, Ya I get that. But I do believe they could clean up the muddy textures a bit, and the sporadic slow framerate when coming up to the plate.

Just more polish is what I am asking for. They got me for about 6months nonstop last year.

Also, how unfair would it be to want them to add the live updating of real life baseball scores, etc? Seems like that would be an easy addition.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Damn, this recolor of the Chapter 3 boss before opening the military base is kicking my ass. That stupid chopper assist eats most of my health and I haven't bought potions. I guess I should do that before retraveling over there. :/

zulux21

Also, how unfair would it be to want them to add the live updating of real life baseball scores, etc? Seems like that would be an easy addition.

i believe they would actually need mlb's permission to be able to have the scores there in real time, beyond that especially on the vita it's not a big deal. You can just have the mlb page open in the browser and switch to it with a button press, a swipe, and another button press.

I would like to see the mlb.tv app on the vita though, that would be sexy.

Young Magus

3AQmK.gif

If anyone bought a new Vita recently or are planning on buying a new Vita, and want to get $20 PSN credit, I still have some referral slots left for the PS Vita referral program.

psvita.amplifinity.com/offer
referral number: 14224003

Does anyone know when they send out the codes? Has anyone gotten theres yet?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

Grasshopper was acquired by GungHo(who love Vita) so everything is possible.

however.

Grasshopper is just one awful worthless studio that makes boring games and they just try too much to be cool when in fact their games are freaking bad.

-No More Heroes 1/2 suck:Soulles and repetitive as all hell with a stupid story.
-Shadows of the Damned:eek:utdated gameplay and shooting,boring,awful level design.
-Lollipop Chainsaw: combat and camera are completely ,broken everything ,repetitive with horrible levels and story.

I really don't know how in the blue hell Grasshopper (also Awful-5 and Ninja Theory) still exist when they keep throwing crap games at their poor fans.

huh..card size excuse? so Vita port is gimped version confirmed then.

zulux21

huh..card size excuse? so Vita port is gimped version confirmed then.

yup they mentioned the presentation stuff alone is like 5gb. There is a lot to mlb the show, it's not surprising it won't fit on the 3gb of vita room if they want it to look mostly like a ps3 game

OmegaZero

Damn, this recolor of the Chapter 3 boss before opening the military base is kicking my ass. That stupid chopper assist eats most of my health and I haven't bought potions. I guess I should do that before retraveling over there. :/

Dual Katana 360 Y just destroys him.

PS3 Back from the Shop and all is well!!! To battle!

And bummer about Guacamelee only being 6 hours long.

I don't understand why people are bitching about this.
It's not a full retail title. It's a downloadable PSN/Vita game.
It will probably cost like $15.
A 6 hour campaign in a $15 game is pretty standard.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

agreed - i think overall this game sounds splendid. and people are ragging on it just to rag.

if its a good game people will love it. no way to tell with these tiny bits of info that are pretty insignificant...

Caoz

I'm getting this anyway. 6 hours sounds like perfect to me... If its 6 hours without filler.

kiyomi

It's free so I'll give it a try. Soon (Wednesday) I'll be getting a 32 gb card so I'll finally join the 32gb master race, then space won't be a problem and I can just load up on crap. I'll also be getting like 40-60$ in PSN cards so I'm debating on renewing my PS+ sub with the current 3 months for free thing, or get a big, overpriced digital game like EDF, because I've been wanting EDF pretty bad. I've also been hating on games that are already in English but not brought over here for some stupid reason (budgeting, PSN scheduling, etc).
Fair enough, give it a try when it's out and post some impressions, maybe I'm overly negative on the whole thing. Playing the waiting game isn't my kind of game, if you see what I mean.

Also, since nobody responded in the OT, are you still interested in some semi-competitve DJMAX? I've kinda neglected it this past week and I could do with friendly rivalry. I'm not sure what the best way to do that is, so let me know if you have any thoughts on it, or just send me some scores, aha.

Fair enough, give it a try when it's out and post some impressions, maybe I'm overly negative on the whole thing. Playing the waiting game isn't my kind of game, if you see what I mean.

Also, since nobody responded in the OT, are you still interested in some semi-competitve DJMAX? I've kinda neglected it this past week and I could do with friendly rivalry. I'm not sure what the best way to do that is, so let me know if you have any thoughts on it, or just send me some scores, aha.

I definitely will :) Trying to play through/thoroughly experience games instead of letting my backlog get bigger and bigger - too many games to play x_x

Also yes I meant to reply to that on the OT, I'm down for some competitive-ness. A lot of people are in the hardest difficulties so I hope it doesn't work against us in terms of scores. I'm starting to get better at the pop difficulty songs and I'm easily getting like 35-40K scores, I just need to get better at the back touch parts where you have to tap it repeatedly for the same string of notes keep messing me up.

Skyzard

Banned
That is a bummer with Guacamelee. 6 hours is pretty much nothing to me. If it's not designed to be replayable I won't get it straight away unless it's real cheap here. It looks alright from the videos we saw a while back...lets see..

Is last years MLB the show any good on Vita?

I think it's great. It has all the same modes as the PS3 version (I think, I mostly play Road to the Show) and the only really downside is a graphical downgrade along with no fancy broadcast-quality presentation.

RTTS is still the best 'be a pro' mode in any sports title, and it makes great portable gaming.

TheSeks

Dual Katana 360 Y just destroys him.

Interesting, does decent damage but he hits me twice killing me. Maybe I should finally use the two life of the thousand gods I have sitting around but the life of the gods didn't really increase my health too much for Hard. :/ Dunno how well those would work against him. I think I should go to Han's Bar and grind out some essence to get the large health packs I need.

Well I'd say calling it "bitching" is a bit of a stretch but, to each his/her/it's own.

Moreover it's disappointing because a metroidvania game should be a tad longer than that given the expected backtracking and secrets and whatnot. And just because its a downloadable game doesn't mean it has to fit a specific criteria. Journey was about 90 minutes long but that was just fine for the type of game it was.

OmegaZero

Interesting, does decent damage but he hits me twice killing me. Maybe I should finally use the two life of the thousand gods I have sitting around but the life of the gods didn't really increase my health too much for Hard. :/ Dunno how well those would work against him. I think I should go to Han's Bar and grind out some essence to get the large health packs I need.

You gotta take advantage of the invincibility frames 360 Y gives you. Whenever he's about to attack, just use it. If you're close enough, he won't do that stupid charge at you so it should be possible to beat him without taking damage.

There's a Ninja Trial where you face both versions of Dynamo at the same time, and I beat it with barely a scratch thanks to that technique.

maus

ugh. Fell asleep with some youtube playlist playing on my vita and in the morning the left joystick is totally borked, in every application. I woke up with it next to my head still playing, there's no way I physically broke it while I was sleeping, the vita is fine by all appearances.

ugh. Fell asleep with some youtube playlist playing on my vita and in the morning the left joystick is totally borked, in every application. I woke up with it next to my head still playing, there's no way I physically broke it while I was sleeping, the vita is fine by all appearances.

Have you tried restarting the Vita?

Reboot it or reset it. In very rare occasions the touchscreen and other buttons stop responding. It's a software bug.

TheSeks

You gotta take advantage of the invincibility frames 360 Y gives you. Whenever he's about to attack, just use it. If you're close enough, he won't do that stupid charge at you so it should be possible to beat him without taking damage.

There's a Ninja Trial where you face both versions of Dynamo at the same time, and I beat it with barely a scratch thanks to that technique.

I'll keep hammering on it, but I already missed an ambush since it's in a middle of a boss battle. WTF, Team Ninja Dog?

OmegaZero

I'll keep hammering on it, but I already missed an ambush since it's in a middle of a boss battle. WTF, Team Ninja Dog?

I don't remember an ambush in the middle of a boss battle.

Also, just beat up Doku on Master Ninja without taking any damage.
Dat feel.

EDIT: And now Fiend Ryu with the True Dragon Sword is kicking my ass.

Top Bottom