• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

I really hope there are solution other than cable, it's like back to PS2 days of having wired controller
need long cable Or I have to sit close to TV

crinale

Some people sell modded PSVita in Japan that you can stream via USB memory (with the software).
It isn't HDMI so obviously it's more like for capturing purposes.

Some people sell modded PSVita in Japan that you can stream via USB memory (with the software).
It isn't HDMI so obviously it's more like for capturing purposes.
I actually want this. Prefer Sony to eventually sell an official HDMI out cable though, using the Vita's accessory port. So I could capture the Vita through my HD PVR.

How much do those Vita's go for in Japan?

Ponn

Banned
I'm pretty confident they'll just mention it at the beginning of the conference,show a montage of the already revealed upcoming games for 5 minutes and then dedicate the rest of the conference for the PS4.

You are thinking of their E3 plans, a repeat of last year.

Playstation Meeting is all about PS4. If there is no Vita integration with ps4 then there will be no Vita mention. Its only talked about as hushed rumors in the dark, seedy back offices of Sony.

“Did you hear about the Vita in ...”

“SHHHH! We do not speak of It Who Shall Not Be Named!”

marrec

Banned
I actually want this. Prefer Sony to eventually sell an officail HDMI out cable though, using the Vita's accessory port. So I could capture the Vita through my HD PVR.

This would be glorious. The fact that Sony left this out is just another piece of evidence that they have no idea what they were doing.

Fifa Football turned up in the post today. The back touchpad shooting feels really good, but it also makes the game sooooo much easier. I refused to use anything but the back touchpad for shooting now, though. :p

I hope they could do that with NHL too (if EA ever do make NHL Vita), but hockey goal dimensions don't quite fit the touchpad as well...

Fifa Football turned up in the post today. The back touchpad shooting feels really good, but it also makes the game sooooo much easier. I refused to use anything but the back touchpad for shooting now, though. :p

I hope they could do that with NHL too (if EA ever do make NHL Vita), but hockey goal dimensions don't quite fit the touchpad as well...

100% agree. It is so intuitive and feels great to shoot. How about PS4 integration with NHL!

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
My Vita stopped working for seemingly no reason. Wont turn on or take a charge. Plug it in and the light doesn't turn blue, red, or anything. Tried a new cable also to see if that was the issue, no charge.

Damn thing was returnable up until 1/31. Feels bad man. Guess I'll be dealing with Sony repair service? I bought it on Black Friday, I shouldn't have to pay for repair, right?

My Vita stopped working for seemingly no reason. Wont turn on or take a charge. Plug it in and the light doesn't turn blue, red, or anything. Tried a new cable also to see if that was the issue, no charge.

Damn thing was returnable up until 1/31. Feels bad man. Guess I'll be dealing with Sony repair service? I bought it on Black Friday, I shouldn't have to pay for repair, right?

When you say a new cable, what part? Did you try both parts?

crinale

Have you tried holding down power button for 1 minute?

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
When you say a new cable, what part? Did you try both parts?

just the USB, but plugging that into a different adapter or a computer or a PS3 yielded the same result of nothing.

Have you tried holding down power button for 1 minute?

Haven't timed it, but held it down for a very long time. Does 1 minute do a hard reset? The thing was fully charged and working one day, then totally dead the next out of nowhere.

crinale

just the USB, but plugging that into a different adapter or a computer or a PS3 yielded the same result of nothing.

Haven't timed it, but held it down for a very long time. Does 1 minute do a hard reset? The thing was fully charged and working one day, then totally dead the next out of nowhere.

Actually it really should be 30 seconds or something but I don't remember clearly so I said 1 minute just to be sure.

Edit: After hard reset you must press power button for like 5 seconds to boot.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

NHL/ice hockey is not big sport,not that popular of a sport really,last portable NHL was in 2006,EA don't even make many versions just PS3 and 360.

maybe if Ice age hit the earth again they will do multi versions of it.

kassatsu

Banned
It looks exactly like a test kit vita.

387695_10150433122171806_7868861_n.jpg

Caoz

Man, I have been downloading Sly since Friday night... My battery died Saturday morning when I turned the screen hoping it would be downloaded and ready to be installed. Apparently the download was still active and still had like a thousand minutes to go...

Now this morning I resumed the download and it will take about 3.5 more hours to download the 1 GB that is left... Guess it will be worth it right?

Derrick01

Banned
5 Minutes talking about the Vita
5 Minutes talking about the PS3
50 Minute talk for the PS4.

This would be preferable (actually the whole 60 minutes on PS4 would be the best). Sorry Vitabros but I'm tuning in to this for the next generation hardware and possibly games. I'm not watching it for Vita stuff and don't want it sucking up time I could be seeing Killzone 4 or some new PS4 IP.

Sid

This would be preferable (actually the whole 60 minutes on PS4 would be the best). Sorry Vitabros but I'm tuning in to this for the next generation hardware and possibly games. I'm not watching it for Vita stuff and don't want it sucking up time I could be seeing Killzone 4 or some new PS4 IP.
Yup despite enjoying the current gen games we've waited this long for PS4 I honestly hope they devote their entire presser to it,I know they'll screw up somehow.

Iacobellis

Just let Vita news trickle during the week like it did for Killzone and Tearaway. If there is a big game announcement, save it for E3. Honestly, Sony needs a lot of focus on the PS4 this year if they want to let Microsoft who is boss.

marrec

Banned
Yup despite enjoying the current gen games we've waited this long for PS4 I honestly hope they devote their entire presser to it,I know they'll screw up somehow.

I suppose what we're saying is that we hope that the Vita is integral to Sony's next gen strategy. If they announce the PS4 with no mention of the Vita then you can declare TOD as Feb 20th 2013.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
http://www.psnstores.com/podcast/psnstores-podcast-86/

Guacamelee interview starts at the 26min mark

-Canada is cold.
-They don't want to work on Mutant Blobs series ever again.
-Mexican Culture!!!!!!!
-Drinkbox can't do 3D games(lack of talents maybe?).
-DLCs.
-Upgrades are similar to Metroid style also use money to buy power-ups.
-Mexican Music!!!!!!!!!!!!
-Only mini map for Cross-controller *BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*
-Drinkbox thinks Vita Screen is nice
-Controls are not customizable. (epic fail)
-No Demo (fail fail fail fail)
-It is a very short game (6 hours) *smh*
-Simultaneous release (well they hope)
-Canada Media Fund help devs apparently.
-No co-op for Vita (LOL Vita only people)

Edit:also dat echo.

Sid

I suppose what we're saying is that we hope that the Vita is integral to Sony's next gen strategy. If they announce the PS4 with no mention of the Vita then you can declare TOD as Feb 20th 2013.
Oh,I hope the Vita is treated like their 'second pillar' but god knows that'll never happen which is why we got all the Vita stuff well in advance of the PS Meeting.

Kyon

Banned
-Canada is cold.
-Mexican Culture!!!!!!!
-DLCs.

All that mess after the immaculate Mutant Blobs?

iUsHoGcmLekUp.gif

Massa

For god sakes, no. The PS4 is a home console, the Vita is a portable device. Those two things are different, no matter what kind of gimmick people come up. The integration between the two will be the things you see right now, with Cross Buy/Saves, games working across devices and things like that.

If they announce any new content for the Vita it will get buried the second after it comes out of their mouths. The February 20th is the PS4 reveal event.

Vita will get a price drop and possibly a new SKU and marketing relaunch to go with it. When they're ready for that they'll talk about Vita, not before. And certainly not at a PS4 event.

marrec

Banned
For god sakes, no. The PS4 is a home console, the Vita is a portable device. Those two things are different, no matter what kind of gimmick people come up. The integration between the two will be the things you see right now, with Cross Buy/Saves, games working across devices and things like that.

If they announce any new content for the Vita it will get buried the second after it comes out of their mouths. The February 20th is the PS4 reveal event.

Vita will get a price drop and possibly a new SKU and marketing relaunch to go with it. When they're ready for that they'll talk about Vita, not before. And certainly not at a PS4 event.

Treating the Vita as a dedicated portable device that is separate from the mainline PS branding has been part of the reason the Vita is so woefully supported by Sony right now. Previous gen mobile strategies are not working anymore, it's time to do something else.

Just got the plat for Wipeout 2048.

That was one long grind

Wow dude, congrats. That's some serious dedication. How were the online trophies? Those are the main thing keeping me from wanting to go after the platinum.

PRAY FOR ME BROS....PS3 JUST YLOD :(

Dang, sorry to hear that man. Best wishes - hope you can get it fixed/replaced easily. My bluray disc drive is starting to act up... I might try giving my PS3 open heart surgery and possibly upgrade it's internal fan (the one I have is the second gen one with the cheaper lesser bladed fan), plus the inside is just nasty, like around the logic board.

Yeah, you should always try it if it's free~.

I'm just saying, if you're someone like Schobeleth who has seemingly been waiting for this on baited breath, don't go into it with too high hopes. It's an elaborate FB game, where your progress is restricted by either your patience or your wallet. If it was fully fleshed out with more interactive environments and random events, it'd be more enjoyable, but what I played of it soon became a monotonous chore of 'oh, x needs y, better do z'.

It's free so I'll give it a try. Soon (Wednesday) I'll be getting a 32 gb card so I'll finally join the 32gb master race, then space won't be a problem and I can just load up on crap. I'll also be getting like 40-60$ in PSN cards so I'm debating on renewing my PS+ sub with the current 3 months for free thing, or get a big, overpriced digital game like EDF, because I've been wanting EDF pretty bad. I've also been hating on games that are already in English but not brought over here for some stupid reason (budgeting, PSN scheduling, etc).

After hearing Knytt is like a huge metroidvania type game I pretty much soiled myself because I've been wanting a game like that on the Vita (and I'm expecting Guacamelee to not live up to expectations, sorry guys).

Edit:

If this is true I'll be pretty pissed that we're getting shafted because we are launch/early adopters. So does this mean the mystery port on the top is completely useless?

-Canada is cold.
-Mexican Culture!!!!!!!
-DLCs.

Edit:also dat echo.

No demo? I don't get that at all.

Akira_83

Banned
oh god...

im trudging through AC Liberations multiplayer to get to level 15

worst thing EVER

and im at work just tapping away while focusing on other stuff, still this is mind numbing... only on level 8 :-(

anddo0

I'm crushed right now. While attempting to load my Sly Cooper save file. I clicked on "new game" instead. The game overwrote 4 hours of gameplay :( Stupid touch controls.

zychi

Banned
oh god...

im trudging through AC Liberations multiplayer to get to level 15

worst thing EVER

and im at work just tapping away while focusing on other stuff, still this is mind numbing... only on level 8 :-(

can i work with you where you are being played to play shitty multiplayer games while working?

what a job.

The Vita will have much better connectivity to the PS4 than PS3. It will be present only in this form, just to show case the connectivity between the 2 devices.

As far as games, i am expecting Sony to announce (leaked) GR2, Uncharted something maybe some other games at Playstation Destination at the end of the month.

MDSLKTR

Does crash 1 and ctr not work on the vita? I dl from my history list on the ps3 and tried to transfer them via the media manager but it doesn't find them...

Massa

Treating the Vita as a dedicated portable device that is separate from the mainline PS branding has been part of the reason the Vita is so woefully supported by Sony right now. Previous gen mobile strategies are not working anymore, it's time to do something else.

I would argue the exact opposite. One of Vita's problems has been Sony's complete inability to market the device to any audience beyond PS3 owners.

The interoperability between the two has been outstanding: cross buy games going from PS1 classics to retail titles, Playstation Plus serving both, shared friends & trophy lists, cross messaging between devices, cross saves so you can quit a game on PS3 and continue on Vita, remote play and even the Wii U gimmick of cross controller.

Sure they'll expand on these features for the PS4, but it's not going to be a game changer or anything like that.

so am I silly for hoping for better remote play support between Vita and and PS4 or whatecer?

also is Sly the exact same game between Vita and PS3 or is the mobile version different?

Top Bottom