• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Yopis

Is last years MLB the show any good on Vita?

Not bad at all. Only gripes were no batter walk up, also no home run replays. Certain situations can be a bit quick.Oh yeah you can't switch guys fielding the ball. Had a good time though.

sn00zer

Guess this is a more appropiate thread So if I were to get a PS1 game right now what would I get? Im really enjoying Grandia, but would like another game...preferabl not FF...jumping flash has caught my eye, but I dont know which one to get

EDIT: Actually any $5-$10 game on Vita I should get?
DBL EDIT: Im not a big fan of arcadeyt games....Im looking for something with a story and is fairly long

maus

Have you tried restarting the Vita?

Reboot it or reset it. In very rare occasions the touchscreen and other buttons stop responding. It's a software bug.

Yeah. Just ran the "rebuild database" function in the recovery mode and it's still dead. After messing around it seems there's some correlation with the inputs to the right stick. When I move the right stick it sometimes registers as some kind of input from the left stick. There's also a slight lean in one direction, which changed direction after I rebuilt the database...

Definitely seems like a software bug but it's still there after 10 hours and a few reboots...

GeoramA

Tried playing Sigma+ again, but the camera and controls just makes the game unplayable for me. Deleted.

Shame too because it looks gorgeous on that screen.

So I think I'm officially addicted to DJMAX. Some of my favorites are OBLIVION by NieN, End of the Moonlight by Forte Escape .. there was another I can't think of but I'm getting surprised by a lot of these songs.

Really sad to hear about Guacamelee btw, I just had a feeling it wouldn't be a "meaty" metroidvania type game. I might as well boot up SOTN again, unless Knytt really does end up being something substantial.

Alright Vita bros, I need your help. Playstation Plus expired a few days ago, and I renewed it tonight. Didn't notice it had expired until I went to the content manager to upload some saves to the cloud and was greeted with a message inviting me to join Playstation Plus. Thought it was weird, so I went to play Golden Abyss as a test and that's when it dawned on me what had happened.

No big deal, I thought, I'll just renew. So a few minutes later I renew through the PS3, and everything is back to working again. Golden Abyss boots fine.

Content Manager has apparently not gotten the message, however. When I try to access the cloud storage I still get the "Hey, you should join PS+ to use this" message.

What can I do to make Content Manager understand that I need to back up this P4G save?

Alright Vita bros, I need your help. Playstation Plus expired a few days ago, and I renewed it tonight. Didn't notice it had expired until I went to the content manager to upload some saves to the cloud and was greeted with a message inviting me to join Playstation Plus. Thought it was weird, so I went to play Golden Abyss as a test and that's when it dawned on me what had happened.

No big deal, I thought, I'll just renew. So a few minutes later I renew through the PS3, and everything is back to working again. Golden Abyss boots fine.

Content Manager has apparently not gotten the message, however. When I try to access the cloud storage I still get the "Hey, you should join PS+ to use this" message.

What can I do to make Content Manager understand that I need to back up this P4G save?

did you try turning your vita off then on again?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Why would anyone be complaining about Guacamelee's length? Super Metroid rakes 4 to 5 hours to beat, SotN takes a bit longer. Metroid light games like Outland and Shadow Complex are pretty short 4 hour romps as well. The only time you'll really go over 10 hours is if you're lost or level grinding in one of the GBA Castlevanias.

6 hours is great.

Skyzard

Banned
Why would anyone be complaining about Guacamelee's length? Super Metroid rakes 4 to 5 hours to beat, SotN takes a bit longer. Metroid light games like Outland and Shadow Complex are pretty short 4 hour romps as well. The only time you'll really go over 10 hours is if you're level grinding in one if the GBA Castlevanias.

6 hours is great.

With a 2d platformer... $5-10 for me. Especially for a digital title. Maybe 6-12, more if it's particularly good or fun to replay but I'm wary now. I don't play any of those other games you mentioned :p

Tried playing Sigma+ again, but the camera and controls just makes the game unplayable for me. Deleted.

Shame too because it looks gorgeous on that screen.

There were quite a few camera controls irrc, took me a little while to get it to how I like. Deleted 3GB though so... :p

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, I used to spend 70$ on hour and a half long games such as Golden Axe so to each his own I guess.

Skyzard

Banned
Well, I used to spend 70$ on hour and a half long games such as Golden Axe so to each his own I guess.

I really like to milk games to justify purchases. I only just did GR chapter 13-14 yesterday. If I'm not feeling the fun of playing, I turn it off and don't play again till I really feel like it - Vita is great for that with standby.

Did GA really only take 1h30 to complete? It was at least highly replayable at the time and closer to the cutting edge.. but yeah I mean 6 hours isn't terrible or anything and quite a few games have shorter playtimes (I got a bit bored with MBA after less time to be fair, hopefully this is something that impresses throughout and not just the cool artstyle). Keeping my eye on it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Tomba aged much much better than JF.

Verelios

Guess this is a more appropiate thread So if I were to get a PS1 game right now what would I get? Im really enjoying Grandia, but would like another game...preferabl not FF...jumping flash has caught my eye, but I dont know which one to get

EDIT: Actually any $5-$10 game on Vita I should get?
DBL EDIT: Im not a big fan of arcadeyt games....Im looking for something with a story and is fairly long

My man, have you heard about Vagrant Story? Go forward and find out its glory.

sn00zer

My man, have you heard about Vagrant Story? Go forward and find out its glory.

Ill prbably pick this up once im done with Grandia...no way will i finish either if I have them at the same time...im about 25 hours into Gradnia...just got past the mermaid part of the second disc...no idea how much i have to go\

So im leaning towards Tomba now...gah I also want to pic up PE2, just for nostalgia sake...loved that game as a kid

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Vagrant Story is one of the worst games I've ever completed and I say that as a Matsuno fan. The fact you can merge weapons with no ability to know if the upgrade is worthwhile (besides passing on "classes" that buff the weapon) is stupid. I learned the upgrade system is a ladder, you have to pass a material/type to get a strength bonus, you fusing same-like items with class updates doesn't make the weapon stronger like SMT fusing Persona's and shit for stat bonuses would. Truly soured me on the game and I'll never return to it now that I completed it.

Rachel Chapter 8. Apparently you have to do the ambush while fighting Gambon or whatever his name is, the informer of Doku.

Not when I played it. :lol

Rachel Chapter 8 - Military Gate (Don't fight Gamov or you'll lose this chance)

That's where it was for me -- Gamov isn't at the military gate -- he's on the other end of Tairon; military gate is where you fought the chapter 3 cloned boss.

sn00zer

Vagrant Story is one of the worst games I've ever completed and I say that as a Matsuno fan. The fact you can merge weapons with no ability to know if the upgrade is worthwhile (besides passing on "classes" that buff the weapon) is stupid. I learned the upgrade system is a ladder, you have to pass a material/type to get a strength bonus, you fusing same-like items with class updates doesn't make the weapon stronger like SMT fusing Persona's and shit for stat bonuses would. Truly soured me on the game and I'll never return to it now that I completed it.
Well I hate alchemy and synthesizing in games so im out

EDIT: TOMBA! bought

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ah, I totally passed over that area. Whoops?

@Snoozer: The story is worthwhile, but it isn't worth the heart-ache. The only other good thing I can say about Vagrant Story is that it takes PE1's combat system and does it good with melee combat. Too bad everything else (the "game" part) is terrible and not worth the effort.

Get Front Mission 3, farrrrrrr better use of your time if you're into SRPGs and Armored Core mech customization. Two storylines as well, so you'll get your money worth.

Why would anyone be complaining about Guacamelee's length? Super Metroid rakes 4 to 5 hours to beat, SotN takes a bit longer. Metroid light games like Outland and Shadow Complex are pretty short 4 hour romps as well. The only time you'll really go over 10 hours is if you're lost or level grinding in one of the GBA Castlevanias.

6 hours is great.

My main concern with the game is just how much exploration/collectibles there is/are. If its bare bones I'll be pretty upset. I've been wanting something meatier to scratch that SOTN itch, problem is I've played through and gotten the max percentage in that game way too many times. I want something new :(

Massa

Was there a news brief about some Ubisoft Vita sale this week or did I imagine that?

On the Playstation Blogcast they said that From Dust and Might & Magic (PS3 games) will be on sale, among other Ubisoft titles. I don't think we know anything specifically beyond that.

Is there any sort of DRM on the cartridges? I was thinking about buying a used copy of Hot Shots Golf since I didn't care about playing the game online (in tournaments). Has anyone had any problems buying used cartridges?

Is there any sort of DRM on the cartridges? I was thinking about buying a used copy of Hot Shots Golf since I didn't care about playing the game online (in tournaments). Has anyone had any problems buying used cartridges?
If you buy a cart ised, all you need to do os insert the cart and delete the bubble, then reinsert the cart. You should be good to play and get trophies then.

Massa

Even if you don't care about playing with others I think the daily tournaments are a huge part of HSG. If you know what that is and still don't care about it go right ahead and get a used copy, as The Grim Heaper said it's just fine.

Massa

Speaking of the contest I still have slots to refer people. If you have a US Vita and want to win $20 on PSN shoot me a PM!

I definitely will :) Trying to play through/thoroughly experience games instead of letting my backlog get bigger and bigger - too many games to play x_x

Also yes I meant to reply to that on the OT, I'm down for some competitive-ness. A lot of people are in the hardest difficulties so I hope it doesn't work against us in terms of scores. I'm starting to get better at the pop difficulty songs and I'm easily getting like 35-40K scores, I just need to get better at the back touch parts where you have to tap it repeatedly for the same string of notes keep messing me up.

Have you tried front screen tapping? Even if you don't turn backtouch off you can still tap it on the front. I just play front screen only though.

If you have something in mind let me know. I proposed a while back there should be a Technika Tune challenge in this thread (probably a 3 or 4 in Pop mixing, everyone would have to set difficulty to Normal and not use any DJ Icons to make the scores comparable). Could also be done in the OT but I fear it would have a lot of trouble being noticed there.

zulux21

I'm working on a persona 4 review and I wanted to see if people felt this was spoilerish at all. I try to avoid any spoilers that would ruin enjoyment of the game in general, but I wanted to at least touch on the story. i'm spoiler tagging the bit in question just in case, but as long as you have played the first 15-20 hours there shouldn't be anything spoiled at all. (in general I am just touching on the anime high school setting cliches found in persona 4)

While the story to Persona 4 isn’t typical Japanese high school anime setting, it doesn’t completely escape the anime clichés for that setting. Your classmates that are your party members are the only characters that really stand out in class, at least one of your love interests can’t cook, you have that teacher that is an asshat for no particular reason. Heck while optional you do technically have a harem as well.

After five posts in four threads, yet no responses I was beginning to think that I was a ghost. :)

I've just been ignoring your question because I don't know about the state of FF1/2 on EU or Japan PSNs at all. I do know you can't get the psp version on the vita in NA unless you are running custom firmware, which I don't think you can currently run unless you already had it running.

Top Bottom