• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Redhood

Well the announcements for vita games have died down for now.
Maybe they wanted to avoid tearaway and Killzone from getting lost in the ps4 announcements hence early announcements.

All hope lies on 20th Conference now! There should be some serious integration of vita & ps4. If they do not even discuss vita. Its all over.

Edit: Top of Page Recommendation

Troubling times ahead. Pray for the vita! and buy P4G

Well the announcmenets for vita games have died down for now.

All hope lies on 20th Conference now!

We'll at least see some Killzone at the conference, I can almost guarantee that. Hopefully it'll have some sort of kick ass integration with Killzone 4, which I'm really hoping we'll see.

BTW, I've still got three Vita referral slots left for the $20 / $20 free monies shindig if anyone's interested:

psvita.amplifinity.com/offer
refer code 14228940

Pachimari

As much as I love my Vita, I Would prefer the 20th is only about PS4. Yet I'm still hoping they'll announce Home for PS4 and thus a Vita version.

As much as I love my Vita, I Would prefer the 20th is only about PS4. Yet I'm still hoping they'll announce Home for PS4 and thus a Vita version.

I'm thinking it will be about both. Yes, mostly the PS4, but after Sony's comments about how they've completely mishandled the Vita, I'm hoping for some bomba announcements.

marrec

Banned
We'll at least see some Killzone at the conference, I can almost guarantee that. Hopefully it'll have some sort of kick ass integration with Killzone 4, which I'm really hoping we'll see.

BTW, I've still got three Vita referral slots left for the $20 / $20 free monies shindig if anyone's interested:

psvita.amplifinity.com/offer
refer code 14228940

Is there a quick primer on this referral business? I've been on the wrong end of a ban for the last month and haven't kept up.

Bought a Vita over black friday last year, and it's not accepting my serial number.

And Sony would be remiss if they left Vita out of the festivities on the 20th, they're going to have the eyeballs of everyone in gaming on them and if they want the Vita to succeed then they have to start talking about it.

Redhood

Yes. What i meant that If ps4 integration is not touted with a huge ass horn then vita will be in trouble. There is hope. Considering how much remote play was promoted for the vita. The ps3 games support for remote play seems like an afterthought. Maybe Vita has some hidden secret hardware component [ala secret sauce] that supports remote play for ps4 out of the box.

marrec

Banned
There will be NOTHING for the Vita at the PS Meeting.

I think if Sony fails to mention Vita at all on the 20th then they will be in a very bad position transitioning the console into the next generation. They've been stupid about Vita awareness in the past, they shouldn't be stupid about it into the future.

I'll gladly eat crow if they don't mention it, but I'd put money on a presence as some kind of next-gen gimmick.

Sid

I'd be willing to bet $20 that they'll have at LEAST PS4 integration.
I think if Sony fails to mention Vita at all on the 20th then they will be in a very bad position transitioning the console into the next generation. They've been stupid about Vita awareness in the past, they shouldn't be stupid about it into the future.

I'll gladly eat crow if they don't mention it, but I'd put money on a presence as some kind of next-gen gimmick.
I'm pretty confident they'll just mention it at the beginning of the conference,show a montage of the already revealed upcoming games for 5 minutes and then dedicate the rest of the conference for the PS4.

Shoyz

Didn't that Sony employee say that this was the month for the Vita? There's going to be something.

Hopefully they'll announce the Soul Sacrifice Demo if nothing else! :(

yella

Is there a quick primer on this referral business? I've been on the wrong end of a ban for the last month and haven't kept up.

Bought a Vita over black friday last year, and it's not accepting my serial number.

And Sony would be remiss if they left Vita out of the festivities on the 20th, they're going to have the eyeballs of everyone in gaming on them and if they want the Vita to succeed then they have to start talking about it.

you have to put an extra digit on the serial number if you want it to work. For best results, use the first 10 digits of the number on the left; that worked for me.

marrec

Banned
I'm pretty confident they'll just mention it at the beginning of the conference,show a montage of the already revealed upcoming games for 5 minutes and then dedicate the rest of the conference for the PS4.

There has to be some kind of integration of Vita and PS4. Some REASON for people to want a Vita with their shiny new PS4 beyond it's totally awesome gaming capabilities. At least that's how Sony should be thinking, what with the shrinking dedicated handheld market in America and their anemic performance in Japan.

Sid

There has to be some kind of integration of Vita and PS4. Some REASON for people to want a Vita with their shiny new PS4 beyond it's totally awesome gaming capabilities. At least that's how Sony should be thinking, what with the shrinking dedicated handheld market in America and their anemic performance in Japan.
What do you think that integration could be? something beyond what we already have now with the PS3?

marrec

Banned
you have to put an extra digit on the serial number if you want it to work. For best results, use the first 10 digits of the number on the left; that worked for me.

Okay so that's odd... I just added a single extra digit and it went through. Apparently I have to allow 4-6 weeks for delivery? How do they know my address?!

What do you think that integration could be? something beyond what we already have now with the PS3?

Something less than the Wii U pad, and more than Xbox Smartglass. Maybe having remote play capabilities on all first party titles? Maybe using the Vita as a NFC device to transfer data between games. Something like that.

Also it is the one year anniversary of the Vita's release in the US, some mention of the Vita is nearly a shoe in. I don't think it will be a lot of time, but if the meeting is to last 30-60 minutes I would expect 5-10 minutes on the Vita.

Edit: It wouldn't shock me if they spent some time reminding everyone how great the PS3 is and touch on the fact God of War, Last of Us, Beyond, and Puppeteer are still on the way for it this year. All of this paints a nice picture for how they will support the PS4.

Yep, PlayStation Meetings are only ever for new hardware. If we see anything related to Vita it'll just be how it works with the PS4.

Trouble with this is, IF we did see Vita people would complain ("it should have been more on PS4!") and if we don't see any Vita stuff people will bash on Vita for Sony "giving up on it" even though it's a PS4 event. :/

Yep, PlayStation Meetings are only ever for new hardware. If we see anything related to Vita it'll just be how it works with the PS4.

Trouble with this is, IF we did see Vita people would complain ("it should have been more on PS4!") and if we don't see any Vita stuff people will bash on Vita for Sony "giving up on it" even though it's a PS4 event. :/

People just like to bitch, that's all =P

Sid

They're screwed both ways so IMO they should just ignore the Vita and focus entirely on the PS4 and leave the remaining small scale garbage Vita stuff like that PR idiot was mentioning out of it.

marrec

Banned

That's why I imagine there to be some kind of PS4/Vita integration so that they can talk about their new hardware without leaving their OTHER new hardware out.

Besides, for most the populace, the Vita IS new.

I literally just had a conversation with a co-worker who is an avid gamer about what the Vita is, because he had no idea it even existed.

They should ignore Vita entirely and announce the PS4 integration and new Vita games at E3.

They can't wait that long, they have to do some kind of public presentation for the Vita before E3 or they'll be fucked once again going into the fall season.

Spiegel

They should ignore Vita entirely and announce the PS4 integration and new Vita games at E3.

That's what I'm expecting but it would be nice if Sony had some games between April (Soul Sacrifice) and September (KZ). They would have to announce them now before E3.

But there probably aren't any others outside of small PSN games.

Mokubba

Going from the Orbis leak threads it looks like remote play might be a built in feature for all games and it will actually be a lot better than what we have currently, not the random selection we have now. I expect them to show what the PS4 and Vita can do together but not actually show any Vita games.

Quick question, if I buy the Wipeout HD/Fury DLC for Wipeout 2048, will I get the PS3 games for free?

The description says "Also, buy this product for PlayStation®Vita and get the PlayStation®3 version for free. After purchasing, simply head to the PlayStation®Store “Download List” and you’ll find this product ready to be downloaded"
I can't tell if it means I'll get the DLC or the game itself for free

Going from the Orbis leak threads it looks like remote play might be a built in standard for all games and it will actually be a lot better than what we have now. Not the random selection we have now. I expect them to show how much the PS4 and Vita can do together but not actually show any Vita games.

Quick question, if I buy the Wipeout HD/Fury DLC for Wipeout 2048, will I get the PS3 games for free?

The description says "Also, buy this product for PlayStation®Vita and get the PlayStation®3 version for free. After purchasing, simply head to the PlayStation®Store “Download List” and you’ll find this product ready to be downloaded"

Yeah you should, if in doubt buy it on ps3 and I KNOW you get the dlc free then :)

Shahed

Well that's Parasite Eve 1 down! Was better than I thought it'd be. Sure the whole mitochondria stuff was pretty stupid, but it was entertaining nonetheless. Didn't feel as dated as I would have expected either.

Now time to jump right into PE2. Hopefully I won't need to hold a button to run this time...

Mr E.

Maybe they could announce some Vita/PS4 comparability as an optional extra.

It's a double edged sword in some ways.
They would want to show some fan service to existing vita owners for sure. However they don't want it to sound as if you need a Vita to enjoy PS4 to its limits. Unless there boxing one with every PS4.

Sid

Going from the Orbis leak threads it looks like remote play might be a built in standard for all games and it will actually be a lot better than what we have now. Not the random selection we have now. I expect them to show how much the PS4 and Vita can do together but not actually show any Vita games.

Remote play can't be standard as it eats into the memory which can be used by the game.

Spiegel

Remote play can't be standard as it eats into the memory which can be used by the game.

It can if PS4 is designed for it, say using a few MB from the reserverd 512 for the OS.

Sony didn't really think about Remote Play when designing the PS3.

It can if PS4 is designed for it, say using a few MB from the reserverd 512 for the OS.

Exactly, this is the problem that has struck the PS3. It simply wasn't designed for many of these things like communicating with the Vita. Yoshida has mentioned several times that there are severe challenges that go beyond many people's understanding in getting what users feel is simple to work, and that was with regards to just seeing friends on the Vita while on the PS3.

It can be standard if whole system is designed to operate that way.

Hopefully Sony learned already that they cannot rely on games developers to support it with PS3-PSP and PS3-Vita remote but considering PS4 launches so close to PSV hopefully it was designed from the start to work that way.

jwk94

Remember guys, the Vita launched on the 3rd Wednesday of February. The Conference is on the 3rd Wednesday of February. They have to be connected! =/

The PS Vita was always PS4. It's potential will be unlocked by Kaz, Namekian style

IJVfiSH.jpg

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Right, the 64gb memory card and the 100 app limit needs to be addressed asap, it's getting annoying now, especially the app limit when you consider that nearly 20 apps are already compulsory so that leaves only 80 spaces.

/rant

Right, the 64gb memory card and the 100 app limit needs to be addressed asap, it's getting annoying now, especially the app limit when you consider that nearly 20 apps are already compulsory so that leaves only 80 spaces.

/rant
What needs to be addressed asap is the need to increace the cap for game/app size and concequently allow physical games in cards with bigger capacity. I'm generaly fine with rather long loading times, but games are now also suffering on the amount of content that is possible to squeeze into 3.8GB .

You know, if PS4 does integrate the Vita in an awesome way, I'd considering getting a PS4 at launch as well, instead of Xbox first at launch, and PS4 a year later.

Hehe, my wallet is going to take an extreme beating this year buying a PS4 and Xbox at launch.

Sid

/rant
You may get one at $200 by Sony logic,seriously what genius at SCE came up with the idea of exorbitantly priced proprietary memory for a system so heavily depended on DD?it should have just been SD cards.The 4GB limit for games can be confining too.

Top Bottom