• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | February 2013 | The most desirable handheld in Japan

Number45

Yup. Open Tee 2 on the PSP just keeps on going and going and going. It also has the benefit of having more to unlock (so the incentive to carry on is there for longer). I'd hazard a guess that I played them both for similar times, without unlocking everything on OT2 while unlocking everything (and having hundreds of thousands of credits to spare) on Vita.

I'm not knocking it at all though, it's fantastic. I'm still bitter that it won't give my my albatross. :'(

Mr E.

The more the better..! (btw I´m in Europe and only play late at night..! if anyone plans on playing an online match against me)
Ideal, you need to get your arse into gear to unlock some of the better characters lol. Otherwise it's an uphill battle online.

Lobby's can be an up and down affair. Late evening in Europe can get a decent amount (20 or so). Sunday nights seem the best.

Daily international tourneys start afresh on Tuesdays (today hooray). They can be done individually (Daily obviously) or played through each day until Sunday for a Tour (adds up all totals). Mondays is put your feet up time.

For a game with 6 courses and a dozen or so characters they have made this a huge task to unlock everything.

I haven't been playing too long but its the reason I turn on the Vita each day.

Summary, unlock characters and max out clubs. Enjoy.

Hanmik

thanks for the feedback.. it´s my first Hotshot/everybody Golf game.. I just downloaded it as a timewaster inbetween other games. But the game kind of "stuck to me".. it just has that "one more round" thing going for it.!

thanks for the feedback.. it´s my first Hotshot/everybody Golf game.. I just downloaded it as a timewaster inbetween other games. But the game kind of "stuck to me".. it just has that "one more round" thing going for it.!

Yup. I usually play a quick 9 holes before and after some Persona 4. Real Golf Mode is kicking my ass right now though.

Have you tried front screen tapping? Even if you don't turn backtouch off you can still tap it on the front. I just play front screen only though.

If you have something in mind let me know. I proposed a while back there should be a Technika Tune challenge in this thread (probably a 3 or 4 in Pop mixing, everyone would have to set difficulty to Normal and not use any DJ Icons to make the scores comparable). Could also be done in the OT but I fear it would have a lot of trouble being noticed there.

I see I see, I never thought to just do the front. I really want to experience the full feature set of the game so I'll just keep practicing with back touch :) I'm getting better and better I think, I really love this game. Just say when guys and I'm down for a challenge thingy, although we probably should do it in the OT because I feel like it's getting neglected :(

Also I'm pretty pumped I'll be getting my 32GB card tomorrow, and probably like 50+60$ worth of psn cards. I'm still debating between one big meaty digital game like EDF or several of the discounted classic Square games - I own most of them physically but I'd prefer to just play digital copies now. I need to renew my PS+ as well... hmmm :S

MarkusRJR

So I go onto my PS3 to download some Vita/PSP games and when I try accessing the store I get "an error has occurred. (80710092)" and I have to restart my PS3. I can't seem to access the store at all. WTF? Is the PSN store just down at the moment?

And to the person above me, LBP Vita is fucking awesome, while SH:BoM is medioce imo.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
That Real Golf tournament is insanely tense. Can't remember what tier it is - gold?

god yeah - ral golf mode. its worse becuase i have a habit of automatically pressing up on the d pad and zooming forward on the course...i think i'm going to go through the 9 holes and lay it out on paper strategically where everyshot "should" go and key distances...

is there another level after gold? i'm on that one but havent beat any of its courses..

on another note - i bought FFIX - very excited to get into it. don't think i will pick up anything else from the FF sale...if ireally want FFVI or FFVII i can spend an extra 5$ at a later date....i'm not in that big of a money hole. hell a beer is typically 5-8 dollars at the bar.

had to manage my 4GB'r a bit here's what the cut looked like:

Before:
Surge
Jetpack Joyride
Gravity Rush
Hotshots Golf

After:

FFIX
Hotshots Golf
~800 MB left - willing to take suggestions of games to fit in here

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
can you FINISH that game..? isn´t it just a sports game..?

but yes there is lots of content.. not that I need another game in my backlog--- but I just couldn´t miss a Golf game on my Vita..

Well, technically you can finish the game by completing every track + hidden requirements.

Also, repost: Anyone knows whats up in US PSN tonight?

anddo0

Urban Trial is today I think.
edit: 19th

Game recommendation: Knytt Underground

I'm glad I took advantage of the sale. I'm only on the first chapter but this game is oozing with atmosphere. The music is fantastic, very soothing. The gameplay is adventure/metroidvania. I got it for $7.99, but now that I've played it. I'd gladly pay full price.

anddo0

I want to buy that game, but after watching this guy play it on youtube I was completely turned off from it

I know what you mean. But it's one of those games that has to played first hand. It's not impressive in videos. I wouldn't purchase Flower, Noby noby boy etc.. based on video either. I guess a demo would help. At any rate I'm pleasantly surprised by this title.

Sid

I thought we already killed the new Vita rumor (patent was for dev kit, even has the led lights or whatever) :/

this is really bad.

someone do something.
Sometimes more unnecessary hoopla is required, I thought you of all people would know......no one will do anything.

Akira_83

Banned
i believe ecolibrium is confirmed for NA Vita PSN today as well, which is awesome

a free to play sims/spore management sim, was jealous when EU got it

im getting that and Rocketbirds for sure, after watching a few lets plays on youtube

I thought we already killed the new Vita rumor (patent was for dev kit, even has the led lights or whatever) :/

No matter how many people say it's a devkit (or even if they provide evidence that it is), people just seem to ignore it. Sites report the non-news as news and users complain about a revision that doesn't exist.

I'd like the firmwire update rumour to be true, though.

Also, does anyone know if the PS All-Stars DLC is actually coming out this week? I'm not so sure it will now.

wilflare

bought FFIV: Complete Collections and Dissidia 012 and Prologus..

just waiting on another PSN card.. to possibly get 6, 7, 8 and 9.

namDa65

the day i switch from my 4gb card is the day the 128 gb gets announced.

I own so many psp and vita games digitally now LOL i dunno how im surviving.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
the day i switch from my 4gb card is the day the 128 gb gets announced.

I own so many psp and vita games digitally now LOL i dunno how im surviving.

same boat man!....well not that i own a lot of games....but i'm waiting for that bigger mem card and then it'll be a game dump!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Vita specific:

Alien Breed is discounted for plus...

Rocket Bird comes out.

Chimpact comes to PS Mobile.....

Also take note: Germinator is coming to Vita in the next few weeks/months

link

Thanks for the answer, I take it Urban Trials really is 19th then despite the rumored 12th release? (Same goes for Ecolibrium I guess)

MDSLKTR

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/series/3dcg/20130213_586960.html

At the article of impress watch Gravity Rush team hinted for the sequel (won't be announced soon, but still it exists). Actually I think there are few people who didn't see this coming, though :)

Thanks to ps+ I'm at chapter 7 currently and it's becoming my favorite game on the system. the platformer sequences are mindblowing on that oled, I take snapshots almost as much as I do on pc games lol. I really hope they improve the iq in the sequel.

What would you all think of a Mass Effect game for Vita? what are the chances EA/Bioware will make one for the Vita? I think it would be cool if it was based on a side story of Mass Effect, like play as Thane during his hitman days or something.

Shai-Tan

Banned
What would you all think of a Mass Effect game for Vita? Do you think EA/Bioware will make one for the Vita? I think it would be cool if it was based on a side story of Mass Effect, like play as Thane during his hitman days or something.

It's something that would work well I think considering the levels in the games aren't particularly expansive, nor reliant on cutting edge graphics. But the possibility of them making such a game is not likely I think - it takes many man hours to do what they do with the script and putting it on a handheld wouldn't make it cheaper unless it's a pale imitations.

Top Bottom